Review Dees v Tigers and the Ghost of Dimma's Trouser Snake: the Good, Bad and Ugly

Remove this Banner Ad

That really was some 1990's footy on the weekend. Fast play end to end, both teams kicking a score. How the game is supposed to be played. Seriously spoiled to grow up watching that style of game every week.
And still heaps of pressure and great contests. Really was a great game. Had it all.

And still heaps of pressure and great contests. Really was a great game. Had it all.

Big forwards kicking goals, AND ACCURATE AS *. Petty and JVR had 10.1 between them didnt they?

Big forwards kicking goals, AND ACCURATE AS *. Petty and JVR had 10.1 between them didnt they?
Including Melksham they kicked 14 straight.

Wasn't us just kicking the lights out either. Most of our shots were <30m out. Checked the expected score and it was like 123-79

Including Melksham they kicked 14 straight.

Wasn't us just kicking the lights out either. Most of our shots were <30m out. Checked the expected score and it was like 123-79

When Melk kicked his customary low drop punt (circa 2021-23) and didnt make it over the Richmond defenders head in the goal square I did have a good swear at the TV. :tearsofjoy:

Had the distance easy, kick it higher you idiot. I would seriously love to know why he only kicks drop punts low now.

When Melk kicked his customary low drop punt (circa 2021-23) and didnt make it over the Richmond defenders head in the goal square I did have a good swear at the TV. :tearsofjoy:

Had the distance easy, kick it higher you idiot. I would seriously love to know why he only kicks drop punts low now.
That kick fooled everyone lol. He made up for it marking tracs kick on the behind line. Smart play to know Trac would likely miss.

That kick fooled everyone lol. He made up for it marking tracs kick on the behind line. Smart play to know Trac would likely miss.

Im sure Trac called it a pass in the review.

Speaking of the back 6, I was watching the replay and ive got no idea how Lever and Smith let Balta kick that goal, it was far more embarrassing than I realised in real time watching the game, Smith slipped over twice and basically took Lever out on the goal line instead of Balta. :$

Speaking of the back 6, I was watching the replay and ive got no idea how Lever and Smith let Balta kick that goal, it was far more embarrassing than I realised in real time watching the game, Smith slipped over twice and basically took Lever out on the goal line instead of Balta. :$

Love Smith as the exciting, athletic super sub, but this incident is a pretty good example of why I wouldn't necessarily be replacing Tomo with him for a full game.

Neither footy IQ or skills are his strong suit. Think he could get exposed badly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love Smith as the exciting, athletic super sub, but this incident is a pretty good example of why I wouldn't necessarily be replacing Tomo with him for a full game.

Neither footy IQ or skills are his strong suit. Think he could get exposed badly.

It was a classic Joel Smith moment, other than that though I thought he was solid and the backline did look better once he was out there. (as others mentioned more to do with Tomo not being suited to any match up)

Which is why Pig is so important. He may not be as big or athletic but he more than makes up for it with his IQ.

I love Smith being able to come in as sub. The cameo against Adelaide was excellent and he's good for a couple tackles wherever he is

We called it as a board more than a year ago, Smith as sub for flexibility. Goody should listen to us more.

To be honest, I think we can all out attack and all out defend amongst the best, if not THE best, in the comp.

Our issue will be switching between game plans in response to momentum and executing both as required in a single game.
feels like having that ability is an important piece of the puzzle if we are going to get the job done this year, or in goodwin speak - will we be a finished product come finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back