Universal Love No booing Jackson Trengove

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah maybe. Impey didn’t get much of a reaction at all from Port fans in Tassie (good or bad) but it might be different with a home crowd. Jacko was a much longer servant too.

Trengove was a much loved club servant. Geez, he probably still makes a point of watching all our games when they don't clash with the Bulldogs. He won't get booed.

If anyone is booing at the game tell them to pull their heads in.

Which players who moved to other clubs could you never boo?
  • Shaun Burgoyne
  • Josh Carr
  • Danyle Pearce
  • David Rodan

Superb call, 100% spot on.
only exception to this would be if he's lining up for a shot at goal.

What if he does something campaignery?

Might happen. Like when Arthur Beetson famously whacked his best mate Mick Cronin in the first ever rugby league state of origin game in 1980 to prove that the game was genuine and to show his Queensland teammates that the gloves were well and truly off.

You'd hope Arch, Youngy and Lobbes (if he ever plays another game) would be exempt too, but Logan Austin left his request to be traded very late in the piece (as far as we know), so stuff him.

Stuff Austin, what he did in the SANFL GF to cost us the match should never be forgotten. Dumb campaigner!

I begin involuntarily booing whenever I read/hear a Hawthorn fan comically overrating Shaun Burgoyne, a player they didn't know existed until 2010, and is what, their umpteenth best player between then and now?

Longevity though and you know, being there, good job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I begin involuntarily booing whenever I read/hear a Hawthorn fan comically overrating Shaun Burgoyne, a player they didn't know existed until 2010, and is what, their umpteenth best player between then and now?

I wonder if he would have stayed with us if we promised him he could live out the rest of his career playing bruise free on the flank.

I wonder if he would have stayed with us if we promised him he could live out the rest of his career playing bruise free on the flank.

That's the other half of it. Was incapable of filling the role we needed him to.

But swans around profiteering off the work of anyone you could care to name: Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Sewell, Roughead, Franklin, Gibson, Rioli - and has the B&F's and AA's to match (nil) - but cumulatively we're supposed to believe he's a legend of the f**king game.

It's post-millennial feel-good just-the-vibey insanity.

You'd hope Arch, Youngy and Lobbes (if he ever plays another game) would be exempt too, but Logan Austin left his request to be traded very late in the piece (as far as we know), so stuff him.
nah youngy and arch wouldve been given another contract if they stayed
they're booable

Shaun Burgoyne wasn't even the best player in his own family.

That's the other half of it. Was incapable of filling the role we needed him to.

But swans around profiteering off the work of anyone you could care to name: Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Sewell, Roughead, Franklin, Gibson, Rioli - and has the B&F's and AA's to match (nil) - but cumulatively we're supposed to believe he's a legend of the f**king game.

It's post-millennial feel-good just-the-vibey insanity.

Played some great midfield footy, copped a tag in the era where every team played a dedicated tagger, didn't have anywhere near the workrate to burn the tagger off and didn't achieve a lot.

I'm actually surprised he hasn't grabbed an AA guernsey at the Hawks, as you say the media hype would suggest hes a walk up Hall of Famer, but'he probably doesn't have the resume considering the Hawks will have a stack of 4 time premiership players with better resumes to go in ahead of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back