Unofficial Preview Port vs Port Magpies Feeder Club

Most Disappointing Misses

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

None of ya thought we'd beat Richmond either.

I thought we'd beat Richmond without Martin. Shoulda won in 17 and two wins in 16.

Melbourne have flicked a switch against us though. Haven't looked at all likely in the last couple.

I reckon this is probably the biggest Port-Melbourne game there's been since Round 19, 2004 when Melbourne went into the game on top of the ladder, with Port one game behind in 4th place.

Port thrashed Melbourne by 12 goals that day and the win set us on the path to the premiership, as we didn't lose again that year.

Conversely, it triggered a collapse from Melbourne, who didn't win again that year, sliding to 5th place and then being eliminated in the first week of finals.

I'd like a repeat of that result this week, with Port making a statement of intent and setting the two teams on divergent trajectories once again.

Damn, we have f***ing nicholls as a scumpire on Friday :devil::'(
latest

Lol as if you can trust them, man. Will be interesting as both sides don't win big games. This game will be like dividing by zero.
Well football being football you’ll be right eventually as we can’t win the flag very often. So it’s a safe bet.

I reckon this is probably the biggest Port-Melbourne game there's been since Round 19, 2004 when Melbourne went into the game on top of the ladder, with Port one game behind in 4th place.

Port thrashed Melbourne by 12 goals that day and the win set us on the path to the premiership, as we didn't lose again that year.

Conversely, it triggered a collapse from Melbourne, who didn't win again that year, sliding to 5th place and then being eliminated in the first week of finals.

I'd like a repeat of that result this week, with Port making a statement of intent and setting the two teams on divergent trajectories once again.

I was thinking it's time for another "statement game", like the famous one against Essendon late 2001, but your example is better. Melbourne are pretenders, not contenders. If we're not pretenders, we ought to smash them. If we choke on it, all the "cheapies" later in the "easier" part of our draw will ring hollow.

Fair battle of midfields coming up. IMO the Paddy/Gawn battle is more about around the ground than the ruck work, because I'll back the Bash Brothers to break even at worst against anyone. Between Rocky's hands and Wingard's leg we've got enough inside->out "fast smarts" to get enough outside ball to smash them irrespective of HO numbers. We get just a little bit of a lift in "effectiveness" from Ebo's and Boak's touches and hopefully things get ugly early for the Demons. This week is the time to attack a little "uncharacteristically quickly". Let Marshall and Dixon have a go at clunking a few and finishing off.

Oh bomber. Your heart is going to get caramelized.

I'm two weeks into a no-booze stint so I'm likely to go on a rampage if my optimistic outlook is dented in any way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we win this we might appear on the radar and will be in serious danger of climbing the ladder. We typically lose these games but this year we’re setting a new pattern and history will not repeat if we don’t let it. Ports for the win!

Back