Player Watch Rory Sloane - Re-Signed for 2024

Should Rory Sloane retire or play on in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow I'm surprised and I gotta say it looks as if his manager has played this well.
He has. 5 years is a massive length of contract. I wonder what the salary is and how it impacts other players. I was actually torn on this one.
JJ, Gibbs, Tex, Lynch, Jacobs,Sloane, Betts We have an aging list.

I love this man. My faith in AFL is restored.

Possibly the most significant signing in the history of the club. I refused to check out the Rory thread, just too painful after $Kirt and Dangerflog. They were great footballers ($Kirt, not so much) but Rory is a great person, losing him would have hurt the most.

Just watch the Tools and Trolls go missing now.

P.S. I am stunned that the Rooch Rat didn’t break the story :rolleyes:.

Well played Sloane! He has one hell of an inner circle to keep that quiet. Rumours normally leak of deals like this months in advance. I wonder whether the reason was it was never in doubt. Which means no one felt the need to talk about it.

I hope this puts to bed the questions on our internal club culture!

In the end the club comes away smiling knowing the media couldn't look more stupid. There would have to be some questions thrown at those who claimed knowledge he was gone.

2b565ac98c9d86aa48a0b71af0121569.jpeg

nothing better

No FA compensation to lose now so Jeremy McGovern incoming

I’ve posted elsewhere, but I found it suspicious that the Mitch Gov rumours came out immediately after whispers re JGov to Adelaide started to get some traction. The media have had NFI regarding Lynch or Sloane signings, does make you question everything else that comes out.

I’ve no idea re Gov situation, but I do believe there are certain elements of the media who are out to get us. Some of the s**t getting thrown maybe true, but there appears to be a fair whack which is complete BS. Trouble is, Burton has just made it far too easy for it to stick and cause distraction.

He has. 5 years is a massive length of contract. I wonder what the salary is and how it impacts other players. I was actually torn on this one.

We do but we are in the zone for a premiership. We have the draft picks though to bring in a lot of quality talent underneath. I'd be more worried if we had an ageing list of B graders. We all know injuries have played a role in demolishing this year. While we have every right to be annoyed, lets see how this coming offseason plays out and next season. If we are in this spot next season serious questions about the future need to be asked and some players will need to be moved on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Somewhere in Victoria Caro has flipped flopped again.

She really has become one of the tabloid gutter journos the past year or so.

It used to be when she spoke you could take her opinion to the bank.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

And a lot of those players are on long contracts.

Sloane - contracted until 33
Jenkins - contracted until 32
Gibbs - contracted until 32
Tex - contracted until 31
Lynch - contracted until 31
Jacobs - (only) contracted until 30
Betts - contracted until 34

We really will be fielding a Dad's Army in 2021.

Gives us plenty of time to transition our younger players into the side. Particularly with multiple first round draft picks this year, those players will be in their 3rd season come 2021. Fogarty will be a 4th year player and basically our entire forward line will be 30+ by then.

IMO it's good management

Gotta love the main board. Someone suggested no Victorian clubs would have been interested in him.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Adz is a peanut. Genuinely embarrasses himself with every post about anything.

Great to see club loyalty win over for a change, was getting sick of seeing players about to come into their prime leaving and getting chump change in return. Awesome news for supporters and club.

This is a concern for sure.

Back