Review Sydney vs Gold Coast - Rd 18, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win. :)

I think most of what I want to say has already been said, but Lachie Weller was just outrageous. Just his speed away from packs is electric, and then those clutch goals from outside 50. And he's just so clean, able to pick the ball up off his bootlaces (which is good for us since we have a hard time hand balling)

Nick Holman love him. As soon as he marked that ball from the Witts 'pass' I knew he would kick the goal. He's just so reliable and turned into this really good mid-forward for us.

Rory continues his outstanding year to keep Buddy goalless. First time he's been without a major this year.

Brodie surely gets a RS nomination.

Contemplating going to the airport to greet the boys tonight its just such a special win and they deserve the support. If anyone is interested its gc airport gate 7 8.30pm virgin.
Haha ... same thoughts.
Then realised how friggin cold it is and decided to watch a replay of the game with a bottle of Canadian Club.

Stoked for this win after rocking up every home game and going away disappointed. Especially the Aints game which was gutting.

(Next week though .... leave it in the sheds lads).

I am stunned and so incredibly proud and happy - you never know in life what's around the corner and our guys have just been given a massive lesson in perserverance paying off in the greatest possible way

Young and Holman and Weller are ours and keepers, reckon Mav is on the way too, might not be a bad thing

Boy I reckon TL is conflicted right now

To me May now becomes the absolute stand out leader and one club Captain for us

How about a special mention for BP(The Quiet Achiever) Rory Thomson

Decided to take an extra shift at work as we were no hope this week and only watched the first qtr. :drunk: first game I’ve missed all year.

Couldn’t believe my eyes when I checked website and we were in front in the 3rd! Then had to suffer through AFL website updates on match centre every 2 minutes. Absolute torture.
Tough gig supporting this team but a very very proud fan tonight. Doubles when I knock off later.
I hope the replay is on Foxtel!!
Condolences too Mr Bods.

I was hoping so too but the replay isn't on until Monday at 8:30am unless it's the match of the round later tonight at 11:10pm which I think it should be ;)

Well done Suns!
Great game. Always love seeing the Swans, Hawks and Cats getting knocked off their perches.
Enjoy the win!
I can empathise with Saints fans. Our successes are far less frequent than clubs like Hawthorn and Geelong who seem a bit arrogant because of their success, but our wins will always mean more having stuck through the hard times.

I was working so didn't see the game and wondered how Lonergan played, I watched him at open training a couple of weeks ago and he seriously looked like Phar Lap, haven't seen someone so fit and cut and menacing in a long time, he was moving like silk too

I'm calling for a Royal Amnesty/Presidential Pardon Chief SUNS

It's a tradition stretching back to Ancient Rome and even Assyrian times whereby after glorious victories prisoners are released
Like this to make it a petition!
Free 17er !!!!

Seconded

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow that win was a thing of beauty, If that is what we can expect of Weller in the future, pick 2 was money well spent. Got to be one, if not the best win of our short history. Goes to show there can be light at the end of the tunnel if/when Lynch goes. If we display that next week Carlton are going to get pumped. Go the Suns!

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was working so didn't see the game and wondered how Lonergan played, I watched him at open training a couple of weeks ago and he seriously looked like Phar Lap, haven't seen someone so fit and cut and menacing in a long time, he was moving like silk too
Played his role very well he was good.

Thought he did OK
Didn’t get a lot of it but apparently was moved onto JK after he was getting too much of the pill.
Added another solid body at the stoppages which I thought helped us, and made less of his trademark errors.
Keep that up and he should earn another contract.

I mean WTF just happened there????

This is Miracle on Ice 2!!!!!
If 17er is reading this thread he’ll be raising a quiet scotch with @MrBods to Lachie Weller

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
And we're back. Normal service resumes. Currently drinking ALL the Scotch after both the Suns AND the NRL Tigers wins. Faith rewarded. Go you Teenagers!
NEAFL and AFL wins against the Swans on the same day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back