Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

How is it not delusional? I haven’t actually seen/heard the comment but if he says Francis is going to leave Essendon at the end of the year and not get picked up at another club that’s ridiculous. He’s contracted to the end of 2019. The only way he’s leaving is through a trade and the only way a trade is happening is if someone else picks him up.
He is clearly good enough to be playing in the seniors but apparently doesn't want to or doesn't feel ready. Maybe he doesn't want to play footy at the top level. If he's had some mental health issues he might have decided it isn't in the interests of his health to have to deal with the pressure of playing at the top level.

He is clearly good enough to be playing in the seniors but apparently doesn't want to or doesn't feel ready. Maybe he doesn't want to play footy at the top level. If he's had some mental health issues he might have decided it isn't in the interests of his health to have to deal with the pressure of playing at the top level.
That might be the case but then the story would surely be that Francis is going into early retirement, not that he leaves the bombers and no other club will want him.

As you say though he is clearly good enough so I don’t care if he doesn’t play for the rest of the year in the seniors if it means next year he can hit the ground running and work that into an extended career at Essendon.

In saying that though... McKernan going down could open the door for him to play Hooker’s position in defense if we decide to move Hooker forward (as we did in the match today).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

22 disposals and a goal, I don’t care where you play him just fit him in h seniors, play him in Colyers role I’m sure just about anyone could do better at it atm
In for Goddard surely. If they are talking about being knocked off perches - godwards last 2 weeks vs Francis' VFL form warrants a change.
Even if its to rest Goddard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back