Gaff coward punch assault on Andy thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wouldn't surprise me if the scum supporters start booing Brayshaw next detby.
No way man!
Btw I cheered Gaff at the ground but never new a thing about the hit till on the bus after, I cheered because he came back on after being knocked down in that collision and I’m pretty sure most around me were too.
Anyone cheering knowing what he did would be scum but I’m sure most were unaware.
Hope the kid recovers well, no one should have that happen to them in a ball game.

Exactly.

And it’s fine to call off “the mob”. But the problem was most of “the mob” (at least in WA) went to far the other way...painting Gaff as the victim and writing pages about what a great guy he is. And then there’s the eagles themselves (and their idiotic fans) who all seem to think this forms part of some elaborate conspiracy against them.
That's the trouble so many have "assumed" - we as WCE supporters were not making Gaff out to be the victim at all - just being supportive like any other Club would be to a player on their list who has got themselves into trouble, as no player from any Club ever goes out with the intention of purposely maiming the other player from another Club. It was an incident that went horribly wrong and until the AFL decides to clean up all these off the ball hits then this type of incident is just waiting to happen again - hope not of course. Any other member of the WCE I have spoken to are very concerned about the welfare of Andrew Brayshaw and wish him well and hope he is back playing football again in the not too distant future. If Mark Brayshaw can show empathy for both players concerned, well surely it's not too much to ask that others do the same. Sure just after can understand emotions being a bit high but think it's time we all settled down in the light of day. Think Gareth Parker's article is right on the money, and too many were just out for "blood".

That's the trouble so many have "assumed" - we as WCE supporters were not making Gaff out to be the victim at all - just being supportive like any other Club would be to a player on their list who has got themselves into trouble, as no player from any Club ever goes out with the intention of purposely maiming the other player from another Club. It was an incident that went horribly wrong and until the AFL decides to clean up all these off the ball hits then this type of incident is just waiting to happen again - hope not of course. Any other member of the WCE I have spoken to are very concerned about the welfare of Andrew Brayshaw and wish him well and hope he is back playing football again in the not too distant future. If Mark Brayshaw can show empathy for both players concerned, well surely it's not too much to ask that others do the same. Sure just after can understand emotions being a bit high but think it's time we all settled down in the light of day. Think Gareth Parker's article is right on the money, and too many were just out for "blood".

Yeah, and Gaff's flowers are the gift that keeps giving. When his mum is done with them she'll put them in a blender so that her son can appreciate what a merciful club West Coast is.

Seriously, can't you keep this stuff on the mainboard or your own thread or just have the decency to keep shtum.

That's the trouble so many have "assumed" - we as WCE supporters were not making Gaff out to be the victim at all - just being supportive like any other Club would be to a player on their list who has got themselves into trouble, as no player from any Club ever goes out with the intention of purposely maiming the other player from another Club. It was an incident that went horribly wrong and until the AFL decides to clean up all these off the ball hits then this type of incident is just waiting to happen again - hope not of course. Any other member of the WCE I have spoken to are very concerned about the welfare of Andrew Brayshaw and wish him well and hope he is back playing football again in the not too distant future. If Mark Brayshaw can show empathy for both players concerned, well surely it's not too much to ask that others do the same. Sure just after can understand emotions being a bit high but think it's time we all settled down in the light of day. Think Garreth Parker's article is right on the money, and too many were just out for "blood".

The “Proud Eagles Supporter” on the train home from our game on Sunday was loudly spruiking the hit. Please reconcile.

The proof regarding how WC supporters feel about Brawshaw will be seen by all when the clubs next play. My money is on a typical round of booing every time he goes near the ball. Naturally no one from the Egos will see or hear anything when asked about this later on.

The proof regarding how WC supporters feel about Brawshaw will be seen by all when the clubs next play. My money is on a typical round of booing every time he goes near the ball. Naturally no one from the Egos will see or hear anything when asked about this later on.
I’ll be applauding him. I’d expect most of us will to.

Anyone booing Brayshaw would be a dick.

you can save this post and re-quote it on the WCE board if that happens. No dramas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if they did show the incident on the big screen, would the crowd cheer or would they start Booing Gaff?
Probably neither.
My personal initial reaction was one of stunned disbelief. Watching Brayshaw come off was sickening to the core. Realising it was Andrew "wouldn't hurt a church mouse" Gaff created cognitive meltdown. There were no winners that day.

Not sure why all the hostility on your board.
Seriously? Go read some of your own threads regarding Nick Maxwell, Barry Hall, Tye Vickery or To Jonas then tell me we are hostile.

You need to take a hike down from the high ground, you are way out of place there.

For the record I and most on here have moved on long ago, but won't be contributing to the Gaff knighthood fund. I will piss myself if he leaves and get the Eagles BOO treatment :)

He is going back to Melbourne. They will definitely boo him which will again consolidate their position as the worst supporters in the league. A leopard doesn't change is spots. 8 months time and counting.

The toast supporter(s) this year burnt a son-son jumper at the ground, after beating us by 8 points, then their supporters cheer a fella that looks like he's from a cult after he's smashed an 18 year old in the head off the ball, and subsequently he has a broken jaw with 5 teeth displaced. The prosecution rests your honour!

Do you boo your players that come back from committing offences? What do you expect? He is sorry, would a father disown a contrite son? He’ll be welcomed back like plugger, Barry hall or any other team member that’s stuffed up was. We love our player just not his action. I’m sure you’d welcome your players back in the same situation.
We wouldn't have carried on like a bunch of campaigners making out like Gaff was a victim.

And Dean Solomon.
I don't remember anyone at Freo trying to make out that Soloman was a victim and that he was such a good bloke. I don't remember Soloman lying like a dog to the MRO saying his was trying to hit the stomach, chest... no it was a push.

Now * off back to your own board campaigners.

And Dean Solomon.

Don't remember any of our supporters suggesting his hit was anything other than deliberate.
Solomon admitted his fault from woe to go from memory.
Certainly wouldn't be suggesting Ling was an innocent 1st year teenager.

Not sure why all the hostility on your board.

Can't speak for anyone else but your persistent sanctimonious carping gives me the shits.

What do you expect?

i) In the unlikely event that a senior player clubs a teenager so badly that they require surgery, months out of the game and on-going dental intervention I'd say the reception would be subdued.

ii) In the unlikely event Gaff plays for you again, your crowd will applaud him.

ii) None of you will admit the feral morality your club embraces and represents.

Fuq off and seek redemption amongst your own kind.

Probably neither.
My personal initial reaction was one of stunned disbelief. Watching Brayshaw come off was sickening to the core. Realising it was Andrew "wouldn't hurt a church mouse" Gaff created cognitive meltdown. There were no winners that day.

They still run this shite some 2 weeks after the cowards punch to the head that he wouldnt hurt a mouse...its over wce fans, you cannot say those things any more. He belted an 18 yr old in the jaw and destroyed it. He is now just Andrew Gaff, the guy that would snap a puppies neck....because going on past indiscretions well...he would. Deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back