Straight Sets

Remove this Banner Ad

Simple fact is, we’re ahead of you. We win most of ours, you lose most of yours.
Keep digging, reflect on your straight set exit this year.
But you dont win most of yours.

Your staring down the barrel of 0-4. Even with our dreadul recent finals record its actually better than Hawthorns.

Collingwood had a bottom 6 fixture, Hawthorn a middle 6 fixture. Will be interesting to see if the AFL review their approach to the fixture if both do go out in straight sets.

There's no perfect system but a couple of the top 8 teams have very dubious records against the others. A side finishing 15-7 with a 1-7 record against other top 8 sides is a bit of an indictment on the competition.

Correct

Yet you argue somehow finals losses are positives for Hawthorn

Given you went out straight sets 2 years back cant see how a repeat of that is any better than bowing out last week
Depends how we go out I think, if we put in a performance like you did against Melbourne then we deserve to be put down, but if we put up a good show and really fight the game out, I see that as a positive for the young guys.

Pendlebury quiet, DeGoey quiet, Cox quiet, Grundy relatively quiet, Treloar first game in weeks, Howe first game in weeks. Goldsack first game all year.
We have plenty upside after a narrow interstate loss.
Back home at the G now.
The plan for playing our GF, is in the GF.
One single win against top 8 all season, you are not getting to the GF.

I felt if we had of beaten west coast we would of made the granny.
However now not very confident and if we do win think a well rested tigers will smash us...
West coast vs Richmond granny with the tigers going back to back...
The pies have had a great season ppl should acknowledge that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Hawks go out in straight sets i'll consider it a failure for sure. If you get top 4 and the double chance you should always be aiming for a flag, particularly in a relatively even year where most teams seem capable of beating others on the day. I have noticed a number of Hawks supporters this year though seem to be much more accepting of losing - hope the players don't feel the same way.

One single win against top 8 all season, you are not getting to the GF.

It's very optimistic.

Grundy had 48 hitouts to 28 from our two ruckmen combined. And he had 18 touches and 5 clearances. Pendlebury was quiet but then so too was Shuey, our most damaging midfielder. De Goey was quiet even after our best small defender went off in the first quarter. Sidebottom was excellent, Mayne shut down McGovern after 3QT, they really did a lot right. Treloar and the 'sack will be better for the run but it's not like the Pies had an off night. They just don't have the players available to go up another level.

I felt if we had of beaten west coast we would of made the granny.
However now not very confident and if we do win think a well rested tigers will smash us...
West coast vs Richmond granny with the tigers going back to back...
The pies have had a great season ppl should acknowledge that

Have you really though? You can only beat those in front of you only beat Melbourne of the top 8 teams.

Essendon performed better than that

I actually think the Pies can win the whole thing.. getting that close to the Eagles over there is bloody hard. If they get through GWS this week, they're every chance against us and then can beat the Eagles here. I really think a Pies vs Tigers prelim will be a toss up.. massive game so hope I can get tickets!!!

Its just the way they play.. it works in finals.. very much like us (they copied it) but probably a stronger midfield when you factor Grundy.

Have you really though? You can only beat those in front of you only beat Melbourne of the top 8 teams.

Essendon performed better than that
Man thought my post was quite realistic
* it hope we smash gws and shut flogs like you up..
We almost had yuz don' get too cocky

They just don't have the players available to go up another level.

They're a system based team not so reliant on personnel. To be honest a lot of the 22 would be rated as bog average yet they've won 15 games and a few of those against form teams while being down on rotations.

The impression I get is that no one rates the likes of Langdon, Maynard, Phillips etc. yet they turn up week in week out. If they're to go to the next level it's not gonna be on the back of a star studded line up like gws, wc or melb.

It's gonna be how they execute the "system"

I actually think the Pies can win the whole thing.. getting that close to the Eagles over there is bloody hard. If they get through GWS this week, they're every chance against us and then can beat the Eagles here. I really think a Pies vs Tigers prelim will be a toss up.. massive game so hope I can get tickets!!!

Its just the way they play.. it works in finals.. very much like us (they copied it) but probably a stronger midfield when you factor Grundy.

Can’t tell if taking the piss or serious, if you’re for real you are literally the only Richmond supporter on the planet that reckons we can get close to you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back