The Suns have set on Dew

Remove this Banner Ad

You been to Gold Coast recently? Meth heads everywhere.

Absolute hole.
It always makes me laugh that Southerns ( of which I was once one) come up here and think Surfers IS the Gold Coast, Surfers exists to remove you Eskimos from your money, nothing more.

No one that lives in this tropical paradise ventures into SP. It’s like judging Melbourne on a visit to Frankston. You should try Mermaid, Nobbys, the Hinterland, Tally, Burleigh, Hope Island, Stradbroke, Morton, Cooley all beautiful and full of clean living smiling faces

Just a reminder to the clueless out there …the Australian Football League owns ..

1. Sydney Swans
  2. Greater Western Sydney Giants
  3. Gold Coast Suns
  4. Adelaide Crows
  5. Port Adelaide
The AFL elects seven of the nine board members, while the members then have a say in the remaining two.

And you wonder why that wretched soul Wilson knew about Dew before anyone else.

If they appoint Hardwick on a five year deal you’d think the AFL is invested.

If they appoint some random assistant on a “three year deal” that they can in reality terminate at any point then it’s a pretty good sign they’re not long for this world.

It would legitimately make more sense long term to fold Melbourne than fold the Gold Coast, sorry to tell you.

2 teams in Queensland is a non-negotiable for the next 100 years.

Just a reminder to the clueless out there …the Australian Football League owns ..

1. Sydney Swans
  2. Greater Western Sydney Giants
  3. Gold Coast Suns
  4. Adelaide Crows
  5. Port Adelaide
The AFL elects seven of the nine board members, while the members then have a say in the remaining two.

And you wonder why that wretched soul Wilson knew about Dew before anyone else.

So the AFL is leaking to Caroline... ?

I honestly think that Dimma has already been appointed, but the slight murmurings about Chris Scott also makes a lot of sense.

Dimma leaving Richmond when he did makes complete sense, considering the fact he was likely offered the Gold Coast Suns position in the first two months of this season.

However, Chris Scott would immediately straighten up the Suns, and provide them with the same credibility that Dimma will.

Has Dimma had enough of a break to satisfy his new partner?
Is Chris Scott looking for a change?
How much coin can they possibly throw at both of them?
Can’t see Scott leaving Geelong just yet, maybe for Tasmania at some stage. This is almost Dimmas job guaranteed

Hardwick won't take the job as he's besties with Dew and knows fully well the place is rat-infested.

There is a chance that they could nab Daddy Donuts as Stinkers knows his other option is permanent bench-man at Port.

GC could be sent down to Tassie as soon as next season.
Tasmania yet again don’t want a rejected side relocated,they want their own built from the ground up.

Hardwick won't take the job as he's besties with Dew and knows fully well the place is rat-infested.

There is a chance that they could nab Daddy Donuts as Stinkers knows his other option is permanent bench-man at Port.

GC could be sent down to Tassie as soon as next season.
Geez Port fans really hate Hinkley.

Hilarious, coming from Essendon the epitome of stability in the last decade 😂

sorry - didnt realise i was the CEO/Coach and president of Essendon.

when the * did i say Essendon were any good?

I've lost half the respect I had for Dimma when he fell from being a Richmond man. Or did he just change the definition?

The other half would be shot too if he ends up at Suns later this year. After declaring being burnt out for goodness' sake.

If you can't trust someone, there's not much else left. Suns would do well to appoint someone to instill certain values at the club, to build it on strong foundations.

I've lost half the respect I had for Dimma when he fell from being a Richmond man. Or did he just change the definition?

The other half would be shot too if he ends up at Suns later this year. After declaring being burnt out for goodness' sake.

If you can't trust someone, there's not much else left. Suns would do well to appoint someone to instill certain values at the club, to build it on strong foundations.

Exactly how can you be burned out then rediscover the love of coaching in such a short space of time ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL sacked Dew, not the club though

This is spot on.

From a very good source up there i have heard the following:

1. AFL Sacked Mckenna because the players walked all over him and did whatever they wanted. He couldnt control them. I suppose paying 18 years olds 600k each and putting them in sharehouses in Broadbeach probably had something to with it.
2. AFL Installed Rocket Eade as a hard nose authoritarian. Didnt work at all as the times were changing more towards your caring/new age coaches. AFL moved him on as players were jumping ship left right and centre.
3. AFL Installed Dew as a new age coach. Not too far removed from his own playing career, and had assistant coaching experience in the northern states.
4. AFL Removed Dew as the league is now critcially concerned with On-field performance and a lack of ability to attract top end talented players. They need to sure things up prior to the arrival of Tassie because there is genuine concerns about the club on-field and off-field, and could be left behind in a 19 team competition. Dimma is seen somewhat as a final chance to get this right.

It always makes me laugh that Southerns ( of which I was once one) come up here and think Surfers IS the Gold Coast, Surfers exists to remove you Eskimos from your money, nothing more.

No one that lives in this tropical paradise ventures into SP. It’s like judging Melbourne on a visit to Frankston. You should try Mermaid, Nobbys, the Hinterland, Tally, Burleigh, Hope Island, Stradbroke, Morton, Cooley all beautiful and full of clean living smiling faces
Surfers has never removed me from my money, ever.

Exactly how can you be burned out then rediscover the love of coaching in such a short space of time ?

Do you think all club environments are the same?

Or that the expectations of coaching a massive club like Richmond might be different to a club like the Gold Coast?

Queensland is a lovely place, different lifestyle and not being under a microscope like in Melbourne. Sounds great for him.

It's a win-win all round if they can get it done.

Geez Port fans really hate Hinkley.
Not personal but he's been the worst coach in Port's history with good cattle and keeps his gig!

Been a great season so far but everyone at the club knows its down to a certain assistant coach who has come in and roughed the joint up - hence Daddy Donuts is on the bench hugging his boys. The media pretends Ken is coaching them ;)

If this system works and Stinkers is happy with a Choco style role then great, other wise he's welcome to go to GC.

There was a heavy dew last night. (Someone had to say it).

Do you think all club environments are the same?

Or that the expectations of coaching a massive club like Richmond might be different to a club like the Gold Coast?

Queensland is a lovely place, different lifestyle and not being under a microscope like in Melbourne. Sounds great for him.

It's a win-win all round if they can get it done.

He can hang out with Warrick and the meter maids!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back