The Suns have set on Dew

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah, it all makes sense now why I saw Bevo out polishing his surfboard this morning.

The Suns sure picked a bad time to play Collingwood and Port Adelaide in consecutive weeks - but it wasn't like they lost by 20 goals to the 17th placed team and 28 goals to the 15th placed team. That is when you question whether you have the right guy coaching your team. Beat St Kilda this week and the Suns are still an outside chance to make the finals.

When you hear the President/Chairman/CEO of (insert club name) say that the coach has 'the complete and total support of the board', in reality, you know that the coach concerned doesn't (in political terminology) have the numbers for the job and is now a dead man walking. Chalk another victory up for Caroline Wilson.

A little surprised. It has been a long time without really achieving anything but to be fair, I don’t think they’ve ever had the list to achieve anything. They’ve always sort of finished in the range I’ve expected them to. Maybe even above what I’ve expected the last two seasons.

Thought he would’ve seen out the year at least but they must be confident that they’ve got a big name lined up and wanted to get in early. Think they’ve been building well the last couple of seasons and I think with Anderson and Rowell entering their fifth year and a bunch of other young players getting to similar stages that it looks like a good job to have and they should be finals contenders for the foreseeable future.

6 years and no finals = Sacked

Dew has done well to last beyond 4 years with that performance
Dimma will have them playing finals 2025 and beyond at the latest
Scott took over a basket case in Essendon and will probably make finals. If Hardwick takes I can see him being successful very quickly I can see them just making the 8 next year.

Straight Swap

We'll take Dew as an Assistant to Josh Carr

They can have Ken Hinkley.
A pretty astounding take on a coach who's got 13 on the bounce. At least wait until this season ends in a Prelim or less before dumping him!

How come Caroline Wilson knows about Dew getting sacked before Dew does? Would it be a Victorian cabal that runs the club now?

Let me guess now they aren't interested in taking Hinkley off our hands because no Victorian club would touch "Supercoach Hinkley".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How come Caroline Wilson knows about Dew getting sacked before Dew does? Would it be a Victorian cabal that runs the club now?

Let me guess now they aren't interested in taking Hinkley off our hands because no Victorian club would touch "Supercoach Hinkley".
So your coach has won 13 straight and sitting equal top of the ladder and you want him gone some people are hard to please

I just realised why Port supporters are so interested in getting rid of Hinkley, he's a Victorian.

I just realised why Port supporters are so interested in getting rid of Hinkley, he's a Victorian.
Of course it's because he's Victorian. The fact he holds the record as the longest serving coach at one club never to make a grand final has absolutely nothing to do with it. ( soon he will break the all time record )

Currently on the longest winning streak for Port Power of ALL TIME.

Kenny Hinkley IS Port Power.

They don't really want him gone, they want to be able to blame everything that goes wrong on the Victorian.

And they want to live in the dream that Port would dominate the competition if not for that the evil Victorian holding them down.

Maybe she took her teef out and got under Evans desk. How dare anyone call her out

I had no idea Stuart Dew was so fat. The stress must have got to the poor bloke. Hope he gets another gig

So your coach has won 13 straight and sitting equal top of the ladder and you want him gone some people are hard to please
Poor Hinkley - "They kicked me out of the box" The very week we started on a 13 in a row winning streak after 10 years of mediocre. Why would we want him gone? A man who hates the club supporters calling them white noise. But I'm hard to please we should be happy with mediocre.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back