The Suns have set on Dew

Remove this Banner Ad

The narrative about the GC board being disingenuous saying Dew was safe and they were fully behind him and how could they say that then they sacked him, I don’t really get.

All boards in any sport say that, they are all fully behind the coach, until they are not.

This comes up every time a coach is sacked, is anyone ever happy with how a club handles a sacking. Always seems a hard done by narrative, it’s very rare there isn’t.

Maybe there wasn’t a narrative like this around Noble last year, any others?

The narrative about the GC board being disingenuous saying Dew was safe and they were fully behind him and how could they say that then they sacked him, I don’t really get.

All boards in any sport say that, they are all fully behind the coach, until they are not.

This comes up every time a coach is sacked, is anyone ever happy with how a club handles a sacking. Always seems a hard done by narrative, it’s very rare there isn’t.

It looks like they made up their mind he was gone and told Caro and then waited an extra 2 weeks so the Chairman could holiday in Europe.
They waited until he finished his holiday and came home before they actually did it.

Disgraceful. Bob East looks like a real flog.

It looks like they made up their mind he was gone and told Caro and then waited an extra 2 weeks so the Chairman could holiday in Europe.
They waited until he finished his holiday and came home before they actually did it.

All clubs support coach until he is fired. As Blight said what were Suns supposed to say after Caro's report?

Bob East was already out of country when Suns played Magpies (probably final nail in coffin). Obviously, you need board to meet with his chairman and vote. I bet Dew would be gone immediately after Magpies game if East was on Gold Coast.

In the end Dew was well aware if the team does not improve this year he's gone. Considering our minimal injury list and sometimes clueless performances, it is a right call, IMO. Dew got more than enough time. Time to move on. It's a very good list, next coach will benefit from groundwork, just need to take next step which for whatever reason Des was not able to oversee.

Just a reminder to the clueless out there …the Australian Football League owns ..

1. Sydney Swans
  2. Greater Western Sydney Giants
  3. Gold Coast Suns
  4. Adelaide Crows
  5. Port Adelaide
The AFL elects seven of the nine board members, while the members then have a say in the remaining two.

And you wonder why that wretched soul Wilson knew about Dew before anyone else.
Just a reminder... the Australian Football League owns...
1. afl.com.au​

The TV broadcast rights are owned by...
1. Seven West Media​
2. News Corp​
So actually, yeah, it's a good question why an employee of Nine Entertainment knew about it "before anyone else", such as Barrett, Brown and Robinson.

They've set themselves up now the Suns.. the Hawks will get Dew in 2027 in the mid-season supplemental draft as the oldest player ever drafted and play him at FF. He'll kick 6 goals in a BOG performance in an elimination final against the Suns.

An Unlikely Bulky Hero 2

It always makes me laugh that Southerns ( of which I was once one) come up here and think Surfers IS the Gold Coast, Surfers exists to remove you Eskimos from your money, nothing more.

No one that lives in this tropical paradise ventures into SP. It’s like judging Melbourne on a visit to Frankston. You should try Mermaid, Nobbys, the Hinterland, Tally, Burleigh, Hope Island, Stradbroke, Morton, Cooley all beautiful and full of clean living smiling faces
Got love how people who live in buttf*ck nowhere regularly jump online too bag out one the nation's best places. Also FWIW SP is a great spot too!

Got love how people who live in buttf*ck nowhere regularly jump online too bag out one the nation's best places. Also FWIW SP is a great spot too!
So where did "Goldy" end up on the Economists list of most liveable cities in the world?
Melbourne ranked 3 by the way, Sydney 4th.

So where did "Goldy" end up on the Economists list of most liveable cities in the world?
Melbourne ranked 3 by the way, Sydney 4th.
I have lived in both Melbourne and Sydney and much prefer the GC ( everyone finds different things appealing). Personally I enjoy my frequent trips to both places.

The criteria for the most liveable city is stability, healthcare, culture and environment, education and infrastructure, no doubt Melbourne and Sydney are well ahead of the GC in many of these 5. I rank living 200m from one of the worlds best beaches, unbelievably good weather, clean air and water, unclogged roads and no dictator Dan as a big tick. You know doubt may see it differently

I have lived in both Melbourne and Sydney and much prefer the GC ( everyone finds different things appealing). Personally I enjoy my frequent trips to both places.

The criteria for the most liveable city is stability, healthcare, culture and environment, education and infrastructure, no doubt Melbourne and Sydney are well ahead of the GC in many of these 5. I rank living 200m from one of the worlds best beaches, unbelievably good weather, clean air and water, unclogged roads and no dictator Dan as a big tick. You know doubt may see it differently
Yeah I *in' hate the beach. Not a big fan of Danny Andrews either FWIW.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was taken aback when I found out that the Suns' general manager of football, Wayne Campbell, doesn't even live on the Gold Coast. He lives in Sydney.

I get that remote working is now more common. But a professional, 'elite' sporting club is surely one of the least suitable jobs for remote working. * me dead - what a joke of a club.

I was taken aback when I found out that the Suns' general manager of football, Wayne Campbell, doesn't even live on the Gold Coast. He lives in Sydney.

I get that remote working is now more common. But a professional, 'elite' sporting club is surely one of the least suitable jobs for remote working. * me dead - what a joke of a club.
Explains a lot TBH

Agree.
It's a disgrace and arrogant
Bloke should be in there 4 days a week and travel with the team for all games .

Cannot believe the AFL have ticked off on this.

No evidence he's any good anyways

Its nothing to with narrative its called dont lie and be upfront.

Or if you are going to lie be honest at the presser about why you lied and own up to it like an adult.

Dont pretend youre not lying like politicians do.

If i was mark evans or bob east's kids i would be very ashamed and id be saying 'dad youre irresponsible and you lack credibility, im not talking to you for a while'.

Im sure its more they knew they would lose Collingwood and Port so could drop him then and have a new coach bounce for Saints.

And someone on the board reached out to Hardwick to see if he was keen next year. Then Hardwick took off overseas to avoid the mess.

GCS board have literally never made any good decisions so I assume this was being managed by someone in the AFL.

Are you sure the roads are unclogged? I hear the M1 is a nightmare.

Agree.
It's a disgrace and arrogant
Bloke should be in there 4 days a week and travel with the team for all games .

Cannot believe the AFL have ticked off on this.

No evidence he's any good anyways
As I understand he actually lives on GC and visit family in Sydney on off days. How often I have no idea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back