Player Watch Darcy Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get what you're saying but unfortunately I don't believe the Player/Entertainer management industry operates in a world of high integrity and best interests. I like Liam as a media performer but his chequered history as an Agent is on the record (just ask Clarko).

Also Horse isn't just a mate, he too is a client - one of his oldest.
I don't think its integrity stopping him; it's self interest.

If he stuffs up Moore for some nefarious reason and it comes out, they'll be enough others won't touch him and be going elsewhere.
That's bad for business.

n
we are about to play for a grandfinal spot.
surely having a fit darcy moore on the sidelines is crazy.
surely the club would put him through severe match simulations to see if he breaks or not?
Is it?
I get the love for Darcy - it's based on potential and I suspect a little bit of nostalgia.
But the facts are that Darcy has not been a regular member of the team and when he has been the team has more often than .not, lost. Yes he could come out and play a blinder. He could also twinge his hammy in the first 10 minutes and sprint off.
To play him is a huge risk that may pay off three times out of 10. It is by no means a cut and dried decision one way or the other. If he comes in - he comes in for Mihochek who always gives 110% is durable and has a habit of bobbing up and kicking a goal when needed. Big call

His biggest problem this week is that we are playing Richmond.

You don't typically bring in an extra key defender against the Tigers, you usually drop one. If it were Melbourne or West Coast, I would strongly consider it.

His better spot may be as a key forward, but it would be an extraordinarily brave call to drop Cox or Mihocek for a guy that hasn't trained there or played there this year, and hasn't got any match practice for 2 months.

We'll go in unchanged unless Sier doesn't come up.

His biggest problem this week is that we are playing Richmond.

You don't typically bring in an extra key defender against the Tigers, you usually drop one. If it were Melbourne or West Coast, I would strongly consider it.

His better spot may be as a key forward, but it would be an extraordinarily brave call to drop Cox or Mihocek for a guy that hasn't trained there or played there this year, and hasn't got any match practice for 2 months.

We'll go in unchanged unless Sier doesn't come up.

It's a real conundrum as he could be the "Tom Boyd" of a GF against West Coast but really needs a game leading in. Us making the GF is obviously not a given but , while I agree with all the reasons that we shouldn't play him, I have this nagging feeling that we should :) I think the club have likely already settled on an unchanged line-up subject to injury as you point out.

massive call to play him or not this Friday. I dont think we can beat Richmond without him as he offers a point of difference . Maybe Bucks needs to pull him aside and see if Darcy is willing to "man up", no more of this sprinting of with hamstring awareness rubbish anymore. If he pulls out halfway through or in 1st quarter I would trade him for whatever we can get. Dont think his hearts in it to be honest.

n
Is it?
I get the love for Darcy - it's based on potential and I suspect a little bit of nostalgia.
But the facts are that Darcy has not been a regular member of the team and when he has been the team has more often than .not, lost. Yes he could come out and play a blinder. He could also twinge his hammy in the first 10 minutes and sprint off.
To play him is a huge risk that may pay off three times out of 10. It is by no means a cut and dried decision one way or the other. If he comes in - he comes in for Mihochek who always gives 110% is durable and has a habit of bobbing up and kicking a goal when needed. Big call
Why would he be coming in for Mihocek?

i can't see him playing back and he won't be replacing Cox
If he plays it will be defence. They’re not going to throw him forward when he’s been training all year as a defender imo.

Cut throat games (Finals) you play your best 22. IMO Reid and Moore are both best 22, if they are fit enough to play a full game then they are in, simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

massive call to play him or not this Friday. I dont think we can beat Richmond without him as he offers a point of difference . Maybe Bucks needs to pull him aside and see if Darcy is willing to "man up", no more of this sprinting of with hamstring awareness rubbish anymore. If he pulls out halfway through or in 1st quarter I would trade him for whatever we can get. Dont think his hearts in it to be honest.

But where does he go and who does he replace?
As you said - its a massive call at the selection table.

In most other situations, I would be playing Moore and replacing either Aish or Greenwood. (I have to be frank- I think Stephensons name could also be discussed, but I would definitely not drop him because of his x-factor and run).

But I dont think we can have all of Moore, Goldsack and Langdon in our backline - the Tigers will run circles around them. I think Goldy has to go to Jack, and then who else does Darcy go to? And is he good enough defensively to be able to match up on any of the smalls?

And I dont see him in the forward line - I just can't see Cox or Mihocek (maybe just) getting dropped.

Against most other teams you could make space for Darcy. Against Richmond? Going too tall will hurt us, and our bigs are not good enough to take advantage of the situation. (In comparison, West Coast's "bigs" probably are)

In most other situations, I would be playing Moore and replacing either Aish or Greenwood. (I have to be frank- I think Stephensons name could also be discussed, but I would definitely not drop him because of his x-factor and run).

But I dont think we can have all of Moore, Goldsack and Langdon in our backline - the Tigers will run circles around them. I think Goldy has to go to Jack, and then who else does Darcy go to? And is he good enough defensively to be able to match up on any of the smalls?

And I dont see him in the forward line - I just can't see Cox or Mihocek (maybe just) getting dropped.

Against most other teams you could make space for Darcy. Against Richmond? Going too tall will hurt us, and our bigs are not good enough to take advantage of the situation. (In comparison, West Coast's "bigs" probably are)
This.

Then there's no spot for him against Richmond (maybe/possibly Caddy? )
There may be a week later if we're still alive
Definitely a week later, if we survive, l don’t mind playing Darcy at chb this week, mainly if struggling forward he is interchangeable with Brodie

Yep, it's pretty much he comes in at the expense of Goldsack - which isn't going to happen - or he gets brought in to play forward with the potential to swing him back if things are going awry with our defensive match-ups.

"Moore will be a gun."

Maybe he will. But he is not a gun right now.

We need to win games that are played now.

Part of the issue is that he played as a forward and then has played back.

If he comes in, he upsets a team that has:
  1. won 15 of 17 games; and
  2. only lost those two games without him: the first game against Richmond (Aish went down in 2nd half) and the Eagles loss last week. Collingwood played well in both games.
Daicos and Brown have potential, but we aren't playing them because of their potential.

This is all aside from the fact that if he does have a recurring injury we will have completely shat on our chances of beating Richmond, both of which previous games have been losses after sticking close until we ran out of legs in the fourth following injuries (Aish in the first game and Howe and Scharenberg in the second game).

He has missed too much football to be picked now,he has not played a game of any description for 6 or 7 weeks since the Swans.
Also it should be noted that he had only played 1 or 2 games for months now and people want him back for a cut throat final,crazy stuff.

I want Darcy to re sign and we do need him for the future but we should not pick him if he has had no game time.
I also know that we picked Treloar and Goldy when they had not played for months but we were forced too in Goldy,s case and Adz well we knew he would leave no stone unturned to get back which has paid off.

n
Is it?

Even people outside the club suggest he could be a superstar. We all thought he would be in the first couple of years, before injury got him. If he can remain fit, he's got the potential to be an All-Australian. Athletic, tall and fast.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...n/news-story/c639dfffc41394a5082b009069bc2233

Yep, it's pretty much he comes in at the expense of Goldsack - which isn't going to happen - or he gets brought in to play forward with the potential to swing him back if things are going awry with our defensive match-ups.

He could come in, play defence. Aish could play wing and Mayne or Greenwood could be dropped. Or Aish could be dropped even. Won't happen, but those are some of the coulds.

Even people outside the club suggest he could be a superstar. We all thought he would be in the first couple of years, before injury got him. If he can remain fit, he's got the potential to be an All-Australian. Athletic, tall and fast.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...n/news-story/c639dfffc41394a5082b009069bc2233
The operative word is could. On exposed form and recent sporadic evidence could is not a convincing case.
Phil Carman could have been the greatest ever
I could have been a professional musician.
Hilary Clinton could have been President.
So could have Bernie Sanders.
There's a massive difference between potential and results.

He could come in, play defence. Aish could play wing and Mayne or Greenwood could be dropped. Or Aish could be dropped even. Won't happen, but those are some of the coulds.
Both Mayne and Greenwood are playing solid roles. Mayne was quiet but he made some really useful contributions last week and not sure that Moore brings that coming back from injury and some time out of the game.

The group gel well at the moment and would be reluctant to drop anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back