2018 Trade and FA thread (opposition supporters post in Trade Hypotheticals thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wonder just how we will open up the 20 plus spots on the list for each of the random players being thrown up in his thread. Don't forget the 3 draft selections also, make that 23 plus players. ;)

Wasting time with Neale surely Cripps is a better option, younger, taller, stronger, etc.

Trade Idea ...
Trade 4 & 40 to Adelaide for 7 & 19
Then trade 7, our future 3rd and D.Rich to Freo for Lachie Neale.
Trade 58 to Richmond for Corey Ellis or
Trade 58 to Melbourne for Billy Stretch.
Take 19 22 to draft along with any late picks.
Take two kids with 19 22 and mature players with any late picks.
If by chance we get a mature age priority pick... take Michael Gibbons.
Pick up L McCarthy for nothing in pre season draft.

Trade Idea ...
Good in theory but if we get mature pick . It be the 4th probably to do so and he might be gone

Would not want Shai Bolton.

Apparently he's a talent who does well in the VFL but I dare you to find me a game or two where he isn't in the bottom bunch of players on the ground.
Can't break in to there forward line to much talent in front half for tigers . Be interesting to see how many games he played this year

I’d take Shai Bolton...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Last I heard only a couple of weeks ago was that he was going to re-sign, his manager came out and said he'd agreed to a new deal. Is only 19 and and lots of potential so I don't think Richmond would look to offload quickly even though he has only played a few games in the 1st team this year.

It's good for the game as well because it helps the salary cap work.

You just don't want them playing for your team.

The problem with McGovern and many others are you're paying them based on potential. Based on his performance you wouldn't be paying him much.
Very true, but you usually pay for potential. Not sure what we're paying Cameron, but based on trade value, we certainly paid Adelaide based on potential more than exposed form.

I have no issue with having a player playing for money being on our team, providing he's giving 100%. Same as a player playing for love of the game/team.

Edit: Cameron not a great example, but the other examples (Bell, Basti, et al) didn't support the point I was trying to make, so I ignored them. :p

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-21/giants-open-to-offers-on-contracted-defender-jeremy-finlayson

Interesting to see that Finlayson could fall out of GWS due to salary cap issues.

It doesn't make much sense. You'd think he'd be one of the lowest paid players in the league outside of his first two seasons.

It seems as though the Giants have to have a certain number of recent draftees on their list earning draftee wages in order to meet their commitments to the top of their list. It's pretty much a guarantee of depth issues.

I'm really worried about where they'll be in five years time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It doesn't make much sense. You'd think he'd be one of the lowest paid players in the league outside of his first two seasons.

It seems as though the Giants have to have a certain number of recent draftees on their list earning draftee wages in order to meet their commitments to the top of their list. It's pretty much a guarantee of depth issues.

I'm really worried about where they'll be in five years time.

They've pushed bloody hard for a premiership. Tom Lynch said during the week he would've stayed at the Suns for success. I think GWS were keen to win a premiership and then hope that sets them up as a strong club.

Like you say, once they drop back down the ladder it could get ugly in a few years.

Yeah I agree - I rate him but not really a need for us and I think that they'd want a reasonable draft pick for him. But interesting that they may be doing a salary cleanup with these sort of handy young depth players as Ironmonger says.

I think they'd rather lose a couple of non-best 22 players than Shiel in the hope they at least make the grand final next year and then Shiel, Kelly and Coniglio re-sign looking for success.

Trade Idea ...
Don't think Melbourne and Richmond would be happy sharing pick 58.

Who cares if he is taking the money if he ends up at a club down the bottom. That's the only way a club down there will recruit decent players. Would people rather he went to West Coast or Collingwood.
I think most people would rather he stay at the bloody club he saw fit to sign a heavily front ended three year contract at only 12 months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back