Once again we have a higher ranked team playing away gf - solution:

Remove this Banner Ad

Well we beat the H&A ladder leaders in Perth to make the GF in 2015 and we beat Sydney at the SCG everytime we go there...……. so sure.
I mean you also lost to the eagles in Perth in 2015 three weeks before..... so sure

I mean you also lost to the eagles in Perth in 2015 three weeks before..... so sure

And we also beat them about 5 weeks before that in Perth.... and played the GF in a 30 degree+ day which should have suited the WCE....so sure.

And we also beat them about 5 weeks before that in Perth.... and played the GF in a 30 degree+ day which should have suited the WCE....so sure.
Wow equalisation solved right here, have the GF on a hot day to suit the interstate team.

Wow equalisation solved right here, have the GF on a hot day to suit the interstate team.

Well you still weren't good enough and it's a missed point anyway but at least we've moved past the venue. Well done. It's a step forward.

Well you still weren't good enough and it's a missed point anyway but at least we've moved past the venue. Well done. It's a step forward.
I actually want the GF to stay at Melbourne, I also want victorians to stop pretending it’s not a huge unearned advantage.

I actually want the GF to stay at Melbourne, I also want victorians to stop pretending it’s not a huge unearned advantage.

Have you been to a GF? I have...….. the support for Freo was defeaning for example. There is no 'home' crowd in a GF. The ticket allocation doesn't allow for it. So it comes down simply to the patch of grass. And the non-Vic sides 'qualifying' higher also needs to be put in context for the fact it's easier to do so due to the GENUINE home ground advantage they have during the season with most Victorian clubs bar Geelong don't get.

There hasn't been a GF won or lost yet due to it being played at the G.

The only ones who pretend are the ones that dont truly believe their side would've won on the day.

I'm Victorian, support a big Victorian club and know full well it's a massive advantage. If it wasn't then why'd they change the contract? If there's no advantage you'd still be playing home semi finals etc at the G as well.

Reality is it's a massive advantage but it favours Victorians and their clubs so their fans interest in solving it is minimal.

Have you been to a GF? I have...….. the support for Freo was defeaning for example. There is no 'home' crowd in a GF. The ticket allocation doesn't allow for it. So it comes down simply to the patch of grass. And the non-Vic sides 'qualifying' higher also needs to be put in context for the fact it's easier to do so due to the GENUINE home ground advantage they have during the season with most Victorian clubs bar Geelong don't get.

The home ground advantage they get is easily combatted by the disadvantage of having to travel every second week. The GF being in Melbourne is a seperate advantage that is undeniable despite the support being even.

Are we really doing this. Complaining over the G being the
GF venue.

Why build a 60k capacity stadium if you want to birch and moan about not being able to host a GF. You dumbheads should’ve built a 100k then had a real argument.

I see both sides of the arguments. But seriously , I’m sure upon entering the competition the eagles were aware of the small details of the G hosting the GF

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't care the GF is at the MCG but both Prelims should be played on the Saturday. It is criminal that West Coast who finished second after the H&A season have a day less recovery than the Pies on top of having to travel from Perth.

heck the TV Rights deal

Are we really doing this. Complaining over the G being the
GF venue.

Why build a 60k capacity stadium if you want to birch and moan about not being able to host a GF. You dumbheads should’ve built a 100k then had a real argument.

I see both sides of the arguments. But seriously , I’m sure upon entering the competition the eagles were aware of the small details of the G hosting the GF

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
You dumbarses should realise that capacity is irrelevant to hosting a grand final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You nailed it right there. In terms of of club supporter 'atmosphere' the Preliminary final is much better than the GF. I have seen plenty of GF over the years and the actual day for crowd support is flat or even feels weird. In 2010, the difference between the drawn GF and the replay was amazing in terms of club supporters. The replay had heaps more atmosphere due to more club members being allocated seats.

And like last year, I say the same thing.

It’s wrong how they just make it the mcg every year

However, my solution would have resulted in it there this year anyway.

Defending champions state

Americas Cup style... with 10/18 sides that are Vic it would be at the MCG more than half the time anyway while the other 4 capitals get the occasional GF, and best of all, it's all based on on field merit, not some bidding system, while adding a bit of randomness each year to who is home/away/neutral at the GF... ex. Freo could "steal" WC's home GF spot next year if WC won this year... similar to how Collingwood "stole" Richmond's spot this year, hypothetically speaking

Just need the 5 capitals to all have stadia of at least 80k capacity

Last edited:
Play the Grand Final in Perth but home state bias umpiring during the season must go!

Lets see how many grand finals get played in Perth when that happens.

I don't care the GF is at the MCG but both Prelims should be played on the Saturday. It is criminal that West Coast who finished second after the H&A season have a day less recovery than the Pies on top of having to travel from Perth.

**** the TV Rights deal

They should use Docklands if there are 2 Vic prelims... finish higher and get the reward of an MCG prelim over Docklands

Docklands just sits there in September doing SFA after all the boasting the AFL made about owning it now

What better time for the interstate teams to make a stand, West Coast forfeiting the game and not turning up, that would hurt those corporate f**kers at AFL house

Do it Weagles, we are all behind you

Remove this Banner Ad

Back