Gawn or Grundy?

Remove this Banner Ad

No argument Tulip - different types of ruckman and we are blessed to witness two great young ruckmen this year.
Gawn’s not really what you’d consider young though really, is he? Obviously not old, but he will be turning 28 next year

Gawn’s not really what you’d consider young though really, is he? Obviously not old, but he will be turning 28 next year
He's 26, turns 28 on December 30, 2019 lmao. I swear BigFooty doesn't understand how age works.

There's no wrong answer here. And I think a healthy Natanui would deserve to be in the discussion as well.

3 completely different styles of players and ruckmen - all of whom are elite game changers in their own way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no wrong answer here. And I think a healthy Natanui would deserve to be in the discussion as well.

3 completely different styles of players and ruckmen - all of whom are elite game changers in their own way.

Nick Nat even at his peak and injury free, has not got Grundy or Gawns endurance, Nick Nat you might argue has the best highlights real out of the 3.
However he is not in Grundy or Gawns level.
Ranking wise it would probably go
1. Grundy Gawn even
then daylight
2. Nick Nat
then Daylight again
3. Ryder Stefan Martin

It’s like Pies fans are desperate for Grundy to be validated.

Who cares, both are great does it really matter?

As has been said, Gawn is the better Ruckmen and Grundy is better around the ground.

Since this thread was started by a Collingwood supporter to have his tires pumped up, and is full of other Pies supporters doing just that, I'm going to say Gawn.
You sound like a real fun guy, Mark.

I was genuinely interested in other supporters' opinions, because I KNOW I am biased. Seems it is pretty 50/50!

Gawn has a crap game and Grundy has a good game, so let's start a thread.

Genius

Was wondering why you were getting salty and realised it's cause I've written "right now" instead of something else.

How about this: "which player would you bring to your club next year and why?"

Happier now?

It’s like Pies fans are desperate for Grundy to be validated.

Who cares, both are great does it really matter?

As has been said, Gawn is the better Ruckmen and Grundy is better around the ground.
Oh Andy you're SO right. Please please please validate Grundy! I need it! I'm desperate for your opinion to align with mine!

Grundy for mine
When he came out of contract a couple of years ago, i wanted Essendon to throw the proverbial kitchen sink at him.
Competitive ruckman who doubles as a midfielder.

Has grown since then.

Big fan. As much as i like Gawn, Grundy has far more impact on games.

Nick Nat even at his peak and injury free, has not got Grundy or Gawns endurance, Nick Nat you might argue has the best highlights real out of the 3.
However he is not in Grundy or Gawns level.
Ranking wise it would probably go
1. Grundy Gawn even
then daylight
2. Nick Nat
then Daylight again
3. Ryder Stefan Martin
NicNat at his best is more influential than Gawn or Grundy. He doesn't have the endurance, sure, and that's a consideration. But his silver service took a b-grade midfield to a grand final in 2015.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back