GC & Carlton Given Priority Access to State League Players

Should GC and Carlton be given priority access to state league players?

• Yes

Votes: 73 44.5%
  • No

Votes: 91 55.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Much prefer this over a priority pick so I am pretty happy with that. I don't reckon there is much chance we trade these on, we will bring in some good big bodies around the kids and protect them... What we should have done 8 years ago...

Absolutely...get some mature blokes that would absolutely give anything for an opportunity at the level rather than another kid who,thinks their entitled and who,will likely bugger off.

If there has to be some form of priority than this is as the option

You, anyone else on bigfooty and any other draft gurus can tell me 1000 times because the person I heard it from out ranks them by the length of the Flemington straight.

The first step in what I told you would happen - allowing the priority access players to be traded - just came true today. If Carlton or the GC were going to keep their priority player(s) why would that stipulation be included?
Maybe Carlton want to Trade their mature age players and GC don't .

So is this going to be applied in the future or is it a one-off? What are the criteria for determining who gets this access next year? If the answer is 'we have a secret formula', I don't want to know.
What Damien Barrett wrote (I know...) it sounded like the bottom 2 teams each year will get it. I may have misunderstood though.

Definitely better than getting Mitch McGovern

Going to benefit us far more than a third tall. Who are the main options?
Apparently... according to the very salty Sam McClure in the last hour or so (who is Carlton’s mouthpiece)... the Mitch McGovern negotiations have gone too far now and Carlton can’t back out, they’ve committed, so they are going to now have to find another way to get Adelaide what they want..

Looks like it could get costly for the blues..

Carlton really need to beg for handouts so it's great for them to get them
I just can’t believe how salty some of their supporters are because the AFL dared to not give them the handout they wanted.. and on top of this they had already spent the priority pick on MM before they’d even got it and were demanding that adelaide must simply accept it... it’s astounding!!

Just how entitled can they get?... gimme, gimme, gimme!

Apparently... according to the very salty Sam McClure in the last hour or so (who is Carlton’s mouthpiece)... the Mitch McGovern negotiations have gone too far now and Carlton can’t back out, they’ve committed, so they are going to now have to find another way to get Adelaide what they want..

Looks like it could get costly for the blues..
Pick 1.

The AFL won't be happy until they've completely screwed state leagues into the ground, if they haven't done so already. One of these days the AFL will do something that actually benefits the health of the game in this country ...... for a nice change.

As for clubs like Gold Coast and Carlton, stop behaving like homeless people and do something to help yourself for a change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the point then is they get an extra/earlier pick by trading it rather than bumping others down the order.

Generally I don’t mind it. Gives them a leg up without really shafting everyone else.

If they get a priority pick in addition that’s a joke.

This.

If they want to take the state level player for immediate impact eg Tim Kelly then they can; otherwise they trade with a club who does want them without every other club getting shafted by the priority pick system.

Much better alternative, and gives more of those state league guys a chance to get drafted by sticking at it.

Yeah true, South Australian football has dominated the last 20 years...
Considering a Crows team with no Tex, Sloane, Smith, Talia, Brad Crouch, Dodee at your home ground, without wanting to win as a win could see us drop one spot down the draft order, destroyed you, I think you would struggle in any State League at this point.

Considering a Crows team with no Tex, Sloane, Smith, Talia, Brad Crouch, Dodee at your home ground, without wanting to win as a win could see us drop one spot down the draft order, destroyed you, I think you would struggle in any State League at this point.
So you're saying you failed at tanking?

Back