Remove this Banner Ad

EVW-Tarrant-McKay
Williams-Thommo-Macmillan
Polec-Jacobs-Hall
Dumont-Wood-Anderson
Ziebell-BBB-Simpkin
Goldy-Cunners-Higgins

Ahern-Majak-Atley-LDU

Obviously if one of Newman or Finlayson come, that'll put them on a back flank and we shuffle the side.

EVW, Tarrent, Williams
Polec, McKay, Daw
Atley, Cunnington, Dumont
Hall, Wood, Garner
Ziebell, BBB, Simpkon
Goldstein, Higgins, Jacobs

I/C LDU, Ahern, Anderson, LMac

Thompson, Walker, Murphy, Wright, Zuhaar, Turner, Newman and Finlayson (if we get them) as interchangeable with McKay, Garner and Atley

Ok here is my start of trade week team:

Back Williams Tarrant Thompson
Half Back EVW Mc Kay JMac
Centres Polec Cunnington Dumont
Half Forward Atley Daw Higgins
Forward Ziebell Brown Simpkin
Followers Goldstein Jacobs Anderson
Interchange McDonald Ahern Walker Hall
Emergencies Wood Zurhaar Murphy LDU

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hey guys just curious how is LDU Tracking ?
Will be starting best 22 in your team next year?

Borderline for start of next season. Will depend on who we bring in and his pre-season. We also tend to be conservative with playing youngsters in the ones.

Showed some good signs early but didn't set the world on fire, but his last few VFL games were outstanding so he's right on track.

In theory, Jacobs, Polec and Hall would give us some of what we need outside and defensively to improve our midfield.

Indirectly, with the above selected, pressure would be applied to Hrovat and Turner.

Simpkin, Ahern, Walker, LDU have higher ceilings than Hrovat and Turner and warrant selection.

Best 22 is a work in progress.

North have shot for that stars and also become more ruthless with the Hartungs and Clarkes much like Gibson.

IMHO, one dimensional footballers are in a spot of bother.

Update
B: Daw McKay Williams
HB: Macmillan Tarrant EVW
C: Hall Cunnington Polec
HF: Ziebell Wood Higgins
F: Simpkin Brown Atley
Foll: Goldstein Tyson Jacobs
Int: Dumont, Anderson, Pittard, Ahern

Emergencies: LDU, Walker, Garner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who do all these players we have got in push out?

Or are they recruited as purely depth and may play in the VFL at times during the year depending on injuries etc

Who do all these players we have got in push out?

Or are they recruited as purely depth and may play in the VFL at times during the year depending on injuries etc
Pittard is depth,

Polec and Tyson and Hall would start, replaces clarke, hrovat and maybe waite, go with just wood and brown up forward with ziebs

With Hall probably the only one left to add, we have a better idea of what this could look like now.

This is if everyone's fit - even Garner - at Round 1, 2019.

B: Williams - Thompson - Daw
HB: Pittard - Tarrant - Vickers-Willis
C: Dumont - Cunnington - Polec
HF: Hall - Wood - Simpkin
F: Ziebell - Brown - Turner
FOLL: Goldstein - Higgins - Jacobs

I: Garner - Anderson - Atley - Macmillan

E: McDonald - Wright - Tyson - Ahern

*! That was actually ridiculously hard. But backing Turner to get back to his early 2017 form, and hoping Garner will be fit, but he probably won't be, so swap him for someone in the emergencies. Probably Tyson or Ahern as now I look at it, that team could use another mid rotation.

Pre-season and fitness is going to be so important next year. Whatever happens, there is going to be a number of AFL-quality players playing in the VFL. It's up to Scott to pick who's in form.

I mean, I'd be happy with any of those emergencies, LDU, Walker, or Zurhaar into that team, so most of this thread is going to come down to a matter of preference. We've finally got the AFL-quality depth we've needed for so long.

Pittard is depth,

Polec and Tyson and Hall would start, replaces clarke, hrovat and maybe waite, go with just wood and brown up forward with ziebs

Agree with most of that. Suspect there is a place for McKay for most of the year if he grabs it so there will be someone else floating through the forward line (possibly Maj or Larkey if injuries lead to that). Hard to see how Polec, Tyson and Hall as replacements don't improve us. Waite obviously a big loss but I think we can work around that.

Guys like Turner are also up for significantly more competition now.

With Hall probably the only one left to add, we have a better idea of what this could look like now.

This is if everyone's fit - even Garner - at Round 1, 2019.

B: Williams - Thompson - Daw
HB: Pittard - Tarrant - Vickers-Willis
C: Dumont - Cunnington - Polec
HF: Hall - Wood - Simpkin
F: Ziebell - Brown - Turner
FOLL: Goldstein - Higgins - Jacobs

I: Garner - Anderson - Atley - Macmillan

E: McDonald - Wright - Tyson - Ahern

****! That was actually ridiculously hard. But backing Turner to get back to his early 2017 form, and hoping Garner will be fit, but he probably won't be, so swap him for someone in the emergencies.

Pre-season and fitness is going to be so important next year. Whatever happens, there is going to be a number of AFL-quality players playing in the VFL. It's up to Scott to pick who's in form.

I mean, I'd be happy with any of those emergencies, LDU, Walker, or Zurhaar into that team, so most of this thread is going to come down to a matter of preference. We've finally got the AFL-quality depth we've needed for so long.
Out 1 of pittard or Macmillan in Tyson

Don’t need both pittard, Macmillan, evw and Marley. Only 3

Anyone leaving Ahern out of the 22 after a full pre season(providing he has one) is a ******* moron.

This is the bloke that racked up 37 disposals, 22 contested, 6 score involements and 520m gained against the Premiers. In his 8th game...

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone leaving Ahern out of the 22 after a full pre season(providing he has one) is a ******* moron.

This is the bloke that racked up 37 disposals, 22 contested, 6 score involements and 520m gained against the Premiers. In his 8th game...

Haha cheers, mate.

Nah, that was definitely the one I had the most trouble with, well, he and Tyson. As I said, with the depth we have now it's just going to come down to a matter of preference and opinion. As I said, I would have no issue with any of those other boys in the emergency list being in there or a handful of guys outside it.

It should be tough for Brad to pick the side next year.

Haha cheers, mate.

Nah, that was definitely the one I had the most trouble with, well, he and Tyson. As I said, with the depth we have now it's just going to come down to a matter of preference and opinion. As I said, I would have no issue with any of those other boys in the emergency list being in there or a handful of guys outside it.

It should be tough for Brad to pick the side next year.
Lol

You have picked with your head imho as Scott's will almost certainly pick experience. Its who he is.

Wright, Taz, Williams
Pittard, Thommo, Jmac
Polec, Cunners, Higgins
Ziebell, Daw, Dumont
Atley, Brown, Hrovat

Goldy, Tyson, Jacobs

Wood, Anderson, Lmac, Turner

Round 1 team

That's our most experienced team I think.

Lol

You have picked with your head imho as Scott's will almost certainly pick experience. Its who he is.

Wright, Taz, Williams
Pittard, Thommo, Jmac
Polec, Cunners, Higgins
Ziebell, Daw, Dumont
Atley, Brown, Hrovat

Goldy, Tyson, Jacobs

Wood, Anderson, Lmac, Turner

Round 1 team

That's our most experienced team I think.

I’d agree that 21 of those are possibilities for R1 if we have a full list available. However, I’d be prepared to bet a couple of grand that Hrovat wouldn’t be picked, in the event of no injuries.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back