B: LMac Pink Corr

HB: McKercher Comben Sheezel

C: Stephens LDU Scott

HF: Zurhaar Greenwood Duursma

F: Stephenson Larkey Curtis

R: Xerri Wardlaw Simpkin

IC: CCJ Phillips Goater Shiels*

S: Powell/Tucker

*TT comes in for one of the bench blokes if he's cleared of wrongdoing and shows an interest in proceedings at North after this latest saga.

Tried to guess where blokes are in the pecking order based on training reports, the scientifically proven gut feeling, exceedingly limited footage and so on. Can't really separate the last five mentioned. Upset that Bergman hasn't trained the house down. Assuming that Ford doesn't come straight back in.

Absolutely pointless exercise but man is it satisfying to look at a team you've made up with limited resemblance to reality

One of Comben, CCJ or Biggie have to play as the chop out RucK/Fwd (Nominated as %%%)

LMac - Corr - Goater
Z.Fisher - Biggie/Comben - Mckercher (Goater)

Scott - LDU - D.Stephens (T.Powell)
Xerri - Wardlaw - Simpkin (W.Phillips)

Ford - Larkey - Sheezel
Stephenson - (%%%) - Zurhaar (P.Curtis)

Sub: Duursma/Tucker

TT

One of Comben, CCJ or Biggie have to play as the chop out RucK/Fwd (Nominated as %%%)

LMac - Corr - Goater

Ford - Larkey - Sheezel

TT

Greenwood has been sent forward for the fwd/ ruck role. Hes no stranger to that role of course so I think he’s the likely option unless CCJ comes good post concussion but he’s not even back yet

It won’t be Chom or Biggie.

I have Greenwood at CHF in my early team but plenty of time to go.

Greenwood has been sent forward for the fwd/ ruck role. Hes no stranger to that role of course so I think he’s the likely option unless CCJ comes good post concussion but he’s not even back yet

CCJ has been in full training the last 2 weeks since the break and played match sim on Friday

Mistake imo if Chom has had a run out it this PS

Play chom fwd over a 33yr old Greenwood in a side thats ranked bottom 2 with every bookie

Pick more of Dawson, Biggie, Pink down back next to Corr

LMac - Corr - Goater

Ford - Larkey - Sheezel

TT
Only thing I’d change about this team is Duursma in for ford who has had an interrupted pre season

Mistake imo if Chom has had a run out it this PS

Play chom fwd over a 33yr old Greenwood in a side thats ranked bottom 2 with every bookie

Pick more of Dawson, Biggie, Pink down back next to Corr

It’s more about getting his body right for a career long term.

It is what it is but I’m sure he’ll be back forward at some stage.

When everyone is fit to choose from

B: Corr Logue Mcdonald
HB: Sheezel Comben Fisher
C: Stephens Phillips Tucker
HF: Stephenson CCJ Duursma
F: Zurhaar Larkey Curtis
R: Xerri LDU Simpkin
I: Wardlaw Powell McKercher Scott
Sub: laz/Ford

Emg: Taylor Harvey Shiels

Only Logue potentially missing round 1

When everyone is fit to choose from

B: Corr Logue Mcdonald
HB: Sheezel Comben Fisher
C: Stephens Phillips Tucker
HF: Stephenson CCJ Duursma
F: Zurhaar Larkey Curtis
R: Xerri LDU Simpkin
I: Wardlaw Powell McKercher Scott
Sub: laz/Ford

Emg: Taylor Harvey Shiels

Only Logue potentially missing round 1
Love the midfield depth.
My only changes would be Scott starting on the wing, Tucker out and Goater/George in as an extra defender on the bench.

Love the midfield depth.
My only changes would be Scott starting on the wing, Tucker out and Goater/George in as an extra defender on the bench.
Yeah, if Scott is right he'd be on the wing before Tucker. Not sure about George (Brayden) as a defender though. He'll be more useful forward.

Yeah, if Scott is right he'd be on the wing before Tucker. Not sure about George (Brayden) as a defender though. He'll be more useful forward.
That's not just my preference (re George), like Comben, he has played all pre-season as a defender.

Edit:
I think the end game with George is to find a lockdown type for the medium/small forwards who can also provide drive. They probably also see his booming kick as a weapon out of defence too.

Last edited:
AFL

B: McDonald, Pink, K.Dawson
HB: Sheezel, Corr, Fisher
C: Scott, Wardlaw, Stephens
HF: Thomas, Comben, Ford
F: Zurhaar, Larkey, Curtis
Foll: Xerri, LDU, Simpkin
Int: Powell, Phillips, Tucker, McKercher
Sub: Goater

VFL

B: Archer, W.Dawson, Bergman
HB: Hardeman, Nyoun, Drury
C: Taylor, Greenwood, Downie
HF: Harvey, CCJ, Stephenson
F: Duursma, Maley, George
Foll: Free, Shiels, Lazarro
Int: Goad, Hansen Jnr, Watkins, Sellers

LTI: Louge

Still think of his isn’t far off. Few changes with Thomas gone. Goater, Lazz and Sellers into the 22.

AFL

HB: Sheezel, Corr, Mckercher
HF: Simpkin, Sellers, Stephenson
Foll: Xerri, LDU, Powell
Int: Lazzaro, Phillips, Goater, Fisher
Sub: Tucker/Greenwood

VFL

HB: Hardeman, Nyoun, George
HF: Harvey, Comben, Ford
F: Duursma, Maley, CCJ
Foll: Free, Shiels, Watkins
Int: Goad, Hansen Jnr, Drury, D. Smith

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still think of his isn’t far off. Few changes with Thomas gone. Goater, Lazz and Sellers into the 22.

AFL

HB: Sheezel, Corr, Mckercher
HF: Simpkin, Sellers, Stephenson
Foll: Xerri, LDU, Powell
Int: Lazzaro, Phillips, Goater, Fisher
Sub: Tucker/Greenwood

VFL

HB: Hardeman, Nyoun, George
HF: Harvey, Comben, Ford
F: Duursma, Maley, CCJ
Foll: Free, Shiels, Watkins
Int: Goad, Hansen Jnr, Drury, D. Smith
Ruck relief?

Best Line up

McDonald, Logue, Coor
Sheezel, K. Dawson, McKercher
Stephens, Wardlaw, Scott
Stephenson, Comben, Simpkin
Zurhaar, Larkey, Curtis
Xerri, LDU, Powell
Lazarro, Goater, Ford, Fisher
Phillips (Sub)

Lots of flexibility in the bench. Laz (fwd/mid), Goater (def/wing), Fisher (def/ fwd) and Ford provides flexibility for our talls. If Comben pinch hits in the ruck or has to go to defense if a key defender goes down, then Zurhaar can go to CHF and Ford plays as a tallish fwd pocket.

So much depth in our squad right now. You could easily write 10 different names in that line up and not lose much at all.

Best Line up

McDonald, Logue, Coor
Sheezel, K. Dawson, McKercher
Stephens, Wardlaw, Scott
Stephenson, Comben, Simpkin
Zurhaar, Larkey, Curtis
Xerri, LDU, Powell
Lazarro, Goater, Ford, Fisher
Phillips (Sub)

Lots of flexibility in the bench. Laz (fwd/mid), Goater (def/wing), Fisher (def/ fwd) and Ford provides flexibility for our talls. If Comben pinch hits in the ruck or has to go to defense if a key defender goes down, then Zurhaar can go to CHF and Ford plays as a tallish fwd pocket.

So much depth in our squad right now. You could easily write 10 different names in that line up and not lose much at all.

I get the love for Chom forward , we all have it but it ain’t happening.

Fantasy best 22/3 is something I do daily but as a real prediction it puts your team out

I get the love for Chom forward , we all have it but it ain’t happening.

Fantasy best 22/3 is something I do daily but as a real prediction it puts your team out

When Logue comes back, if Comben isn't outperforming Coor and K. Dawson as a key defender, then he is more value as a forward for us. Didn't someone quote Clarke or one of the other coaches as saying that Comben's move to the backline may not necessarily be a long term, set in stone move?

When Logue comes back, if Comben isn't outperforming Coor and K. Dawson as a key defender, then he is more value as a forward for us. Didn't someone quote Clarke or one of the other coaches as saying that Comben's move to the backline may not necessarily be a long term, set in stone move?

It was Barlow or Patch that threw that into an interview.

Ruck relief?

I’m sure sellers could compete for a few minutes per quarter. I just think the net benefit of having a two genuine Key forwards far outweighs the benefit of having CCJ in the side.

Personally I’d have Comben at CHF and pinch hitting in the ruck but that’s obviously not an option at the moment with him being trialled down back.

The other alternative would be to have Biggie in the side ahead of Dawson or Pink and have him rotate through the ruck the way Majak used to when he played in defence. That wouldn’t be a bad option as Biggie’s tap work and follow up is actually pretty handy.

CCJ

RF08 just not a fan so trying to not name him

It’s my personal best 22, I don’t rate CCJ. So what? It’s like you take it personally, which is weird.

Maybe but I’ve spoken to him personally twice about it and in his mind there is no grey about it.

You couldn’t rule annything out but it’s not part of the thinking/ planning/ practicing so it’s unlikely a 2024 thing.

People can think what they like of course and things change in life but it seems hopeful not factual

Maybe but I’ve spoken to him personally twice about it and in his mind there is no grey about it.

You couldn’t rule annything out but it’s not part of the thinking/ planning/ practicing so it’s unlikely a 2024 thing.

People can think what they like of course and things change in life but it seems hopeful not factual
I don't think Barlow/Patch was referring to 2024. It was more a down the track thing.

The idea is to get him to have the game in front of him and not have intercept players or ruckmen crashing into him.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I don't think Barlow/Patch was referring to 2024. It was more a down the track thing.

The idea is to get him to have the game in front of him and not have intercept players or ruckmen crashing into him.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Yeah protect his body from himself a bit and get a bunch of games under his belt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back