Prediction Best Lineup for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the supporters of North Bigfooty need to think with there heads not hearts in thinking McDonald plays AFL Round 1 as I believe his no longer an Automatic pick each week and personally believe after seeing the improvement in are ball handling and quick ball against Collingwood I think it will be a backwards move to play McDonald in the AFL start him in the VFL and see how he goes.
But the thing is that they will play him and I expect him to stink up and bring others good work around them undone.
The thing is his played 1 good season in the last 5 years and only still at the club because of his father and had our club been a top club contendering and winning flags he would have been either delisted or traded.

I think the supporters of North Bigfooty need to think with there heads not hearts in thinking McDonald plays AFL Round 1 as I believe his no longer an Automatic pick each week and personally believe after seeing the improvement in are ball handling and quick ball against Collingwood I think it will be a backwards move to play McDonald in the AFL start him in the VFL and see how he goes.
But the thing is that they will play him and I expect him to stink up and bring others good work around them undone.
The thing is his played 1 good season in the last 5 years and only still at the club because of his father and had our club been a top club contendering and winning flags he would have been either delisted or traded.
He’s skipper and plays a more lockdown role to allow the others to play more attacking

He’s a lock for now

Think Tucker has been earmarked wing with stephens

Scott rotating there and hbf

Something like the below for round 1

B: McDonald Corr Dawson/Biggie
HB: Sheezel Comben Fisher
C: Stephens Phillips Tucker
HF: Stephenson CCJ Duursma
F: Zurhaar Larkey Curtis
R: Xerri LDU Simpkin
I: Wardlaw Powell McKercher Scott
Sub: laz

I think those of us who have him in the 22 are just begrudgingly accepting that he'll probably be selected for seniority. i don't think anyone's excited to watch him play this year

Please stop assaulting the English language

I think most people would agree with all of that - but he's captain, so he'll play.

I think most people would agree with all of that - but he's captain, so he'll play.
Yes but Tom Jonas was Captain of Port Power and how many games did he play as Captain.
We as a club have picked up some excellent talent in the last 2 Draft with our next Captain in Sheezel being one of them.
We have an President CEO and Coach coming in the last coming in the last couple of years with the talk of new attitude new ideas new beliefs that hopefully take this club forward to our 5th,6th and 7th Premierships.
I’m wanting change and I dare all North supporters should be thinking the same as I’m Fu:king sick of this club being a bottom club seeing this been degraded by all in the media and all other supporters .
This Club cant take the attitude things are just going to happen and can’t show any type of weakness otherwise will stay where we are unfortunately some players that are still on the list will not be there when we win the our next premiership and can’t be seen carrying players no matter who they are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rd 1 team pre Saints praccy:

B: Goater Pink Dawson
HB: McKercher Comben Sheezel
C: Stephens Davies-Uniacke Scott
HF: Stephenson Coleman-Jones Simpkin
Foll: Xerri Wardlaw Powell
Int: Phillips, Fisher, Lazzaro, Tucker
Sub: Shiels

I'm just going off pre-season form and what Charlie Comben post an event last weekend that Clarko prioritises consistency and availability. Meaning Corr and McDonald haven't played with this group enough over the summer and even though Tucker missed last week I think he'll make it back in the side considering the monstrous amount of work he's put in this pre-season.

I think this side covers all necessary technical sides to play the game we want to play and the only player that could be considered hard done by going off pre-season form is Cooper Harvey but his time will come.

Can you imagine how every player would feel after seeing the way laz has come back but then not even be given an opportunity?
Their motivation to improve would fly out the door. It would set us backwards.

We're not talking minor improvement here. He's a completely changed man.

There's literally no point in any of it if there's no reward.

How many times have you posted this team now with all your quirky favourites? We get it!

Phillips 1st rotation mid ahead of Powell we know is very unlikely. No one has Simpkin in our 1st mid rotation because we know it's not happening. He will be primarily forward.

Tucker on a wing ahead of Scott just makes you look silly but we all know why that is.

You're probably still silently hating the fact we took McKercher instead of Watson which is why you have in on the bench. Probably a similar reason why Wardlaw is on the bench even though everyone here can clearly see he is in our 1st mid rotation.

We're not going anywhere with CCJ in the team.

I know in your little dream world you think you know better than everyone else, including our coaching staff it seems, but the reality is very different.

^ solid melt

if i truly wanted my best 22 it wouldn't have had bailey scott in it like it did in the above

also getting pissy about where they are listed in the team is amusing, the point is they are in the team, they will rotate accordingly

Last edited:
Mckercher simply had to be picked.

Dursma over Watson is a 50/50 imo.

Could go either way.
I'm still flummoxed that the Whizzy was ever that high.

Hawthorn will hanging their heads for years overlooking Sanders.

We might.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I'm still flummoxed that the Whizzy was ever that high.

Hawthorn will hanging their heads for years overlooking Sanders.

We might.

I had Sanders, McKercher, Reid and Walter as the top tier but if Duursma works then he can be something special as a medium forward, so not too mad.

I had Sanders, McKercher, Reid and Walter as the top tier but if Duursma works then he can be something special as a medium forward, so not too mad.
I'm not unhappy at all. Way more knowledgeable people than me are making these selections.

My interpretation of the round 1 teams for AFL and VFL.

AFL
B, McKercher Dawson Corr
HB. Sheezel Comben Fisher
C. Scott Wardlaw Stephens
R. Xerri Powell LDU
HF. Stephenson Zurharr Ford
F. Curtis Larkey Duursma

INT. Goater Lazzaro Phillips Greenwood

VFL
B. McDonald Dawson.W Ngyon
HB. Bergman Pink Hardeman
C. Taylor Watkins Downie
R. Goad Tucker Shiels
HF. Hansen Maley Drury
F. Harvey CCJ Sellers
INT. George Davis Lowson Harrop Archer

NOTES.
Comben vs Pink is a 50/50 call for mine. I went Chom because of his intercepting prowess
Simpkin, Logue and Free on the injury list.
Greenwood over CCJ as 2nd ruck due to his versatility and ground level ability.
If I had to nominate a sub it would be Tucker.
Simpkin to replace Phillips when fit.

My interpretation of the round 1 teams for AFL and VFL.

AFL
B, McKercher Dawson Corr
HB. Sheezel Comben Fisher
C. Scott Wardlaw Stephens
R. Xerri Powell LDU
HF. Stephenson Zurharr Ford
F. Curtis Larkey Duursma

INT. Goater Lazzaro Phillips Greenwood

VFL
B. McDonald Dawson.W Ngyon
HB. Bergman Pink Hardeman
C. Taylor Watkins Downie
R. Goad Tucker Shiels
HF. Hansen Maley Drury
F. Harvey CCJ Sellers
INT. George Davis Lowson Harrop Archer

NOTES.
Comben vs Pink is a 50/50 call for mine. I went Chom because of his intercepting prowess
Simpkin, Logue and Free on the injury list.
Greenwood over CCJ as 2nd ruck due to his versatility and ground level ability.
If I had to nominate a sub it would be Tucker.
Simpkin to replace Phillips when fit.
I really like this line up 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back