Mega Thread 2018 Trade Period Discussion part 2! (cont. in Part 3 - link in OP)

What are we going to do??

• 4 picks 21 and under? Back in Hamish!

Votes: 74 67.9%
  • Trade up! We’re getting Lukosius / Rankine / Rozee!!!

Votes: 35 32.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm surprised by how many people find this surprising. Footy is a job to a lot of players. They spend ridiculous amount of hours at the club, training, playing, PR etc. Gone are the days that people played footy for fun - today it is a business, and a full time job. And from that point of view I compare it to myself - do I prefer going to work five days a week or do I prefer playing Destiny 2 on the PS4? Easy choice there.

For what it's worth - and it may not be much - the criticism I read was not that he plays Fortnite per se, but that on away trips he would sit in his hotel room, playing Fortnite, instead of being / bonding with his teammates. How much that's a serious/legitimate criticism of his attitude I don't know, but it's not just "he plays Fortnite LOL".

Can someone explain to me how people keep trying to claim that Port have had an awesome trade period?

They traded Wingard, Polec, Pick 30 and 48 for 5, 15 and Ryan Burton

That would be pitchfork type stuff if we had a trading period like that.
They thought the same thing last year as the AFL industry thought they were in premiership contention and traded accordingly, they are now in a rebuild so they did okay from the trade, if they got overs for Polec (i.e. pick 8 in a strong draft) and Wingard (i.e. pick 4 and Burton) then that would have been awesome.

I'm loving how we are getting some good trade action that isn't seconds before the deadline

Agreed, is it almost a bit of an FU to the AFL for trying to over showcase the period by making it prime time.

Looks like all the important stuff will be done by the time the last hour comes round and now that clubs can continue to swap picks, it’ll just be a few minor player trades.

Beams and Shiel the only major deals to be done? Am I right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back