Mega Thread 2018 Trade Period Discussion part 2! (cont. in Part 3 - link in OP)

What are we going to do??

• 4 picks 21 and under? Back in Hamish!

Votes: 74 67.9%
  • Trade up! We’re getting Lukosius / Rankine / Rozee!!!

Votes: 35 32.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You cannot be serious with that view on what the situation was can you?

We had two chances to meet Levers demands for wages and have him stay. By that, had we wanted Lever to be a crow in 2018, he would have been.

First at 650k, second at highest paid. By not doing so, we forced him out. Similar to how the poster in question attributed to Port forcing Polec out. It's by virtue of both clubs not valuing a player anywhere near an adversary does.

Don't get me wrong. We did the right thing by not signing Lever. Lets not pretend this is a retention, the club is horrible and we really wanted him to stay situation.

Saints have said they want 8, 13 and 16 for 4. Would you do that? I'm not sure I would
I wouldnt. No way. The draft won't consist of 5 elite talents, and the rest of the draft complete trash. There will be players that get taken inside the top 20 that are considered A graders in a few years time, and probably a handful of players outside the top 20 that also go on to be considered elite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Gold Coast's hand is 2, 3, 19, 24, 29, and most likely pick 6 for May

There losing players left right and centre they should 100% do 2 and 3 for 8, 13, 16, 21 and a future pick.

This would leave GC with a hand of 6, 8, 13, 16, 19, 21, 24, 29

That would means they have 8 players in the top 30. Perfect for them rebuilding

My thinking entirely plus if they are from Vic they have 10 sides to choose from and can get better value rather than just 2 in SA.

Were up to something.

We were suggested to be apart of several deals that would help Brisbane, Freo, St Kilda.

Yet none of them were taken either we don't think it's worth giving up a strong hand to move up or we are working on something with GC or St Kilda

It wouldn’t surprise me if we’re back at HQ, feet up, brewski’s in hand, chilling in front of Netflix...

not only big for freo getting two bigs in, but it releases pressure on the ones already there in mccarthy and especially tabener.

All of a sudden McCarthy becomes the third forward. I think he will do much better having the 3rd best defender too.

A lot like how Gov got the third one, after Tex and JJ.

On the weekend they said Crows had 8 & 13 but they'd be looking for something more than that

You know what, they probably may have tried and Suns said no thank you.

Not much you can do aside from having a Port garage sale.

Trade paperwork officially lodged. North Melbourne trade Rd 2 (31) to Fremantle for Rd 3 (47) (on traded from GWS Giants), Rd 3 (49) (on traded from Port Adelaide), Rd 3 (55) (on traded from Brisbane Lions).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back