Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leon Cameron (2020)

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Stuart Dew (unsure about contract)

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure there are any in that situation?
interesting if no coaches out of contract my guess is it will be another year of no sacking

especially with the bottom 4 imo locked in as suns blues saints and freo.

the only way someone gets sacked in contract is if a team outside those 4 finish bottom 4 imo

interesting if no coaches out of contract my guess is it will be another year of no sacking

especially with the bottom 4 imo locked in as suns blues saints and freo.

the only way someone gets sacked in contract is if a team outside those 4 finish bottom 4 imo

The only intrigue is if some of the 2020 contracted coaches (e.g. Lyon, Richardson + Cameron) have some kind of performance clause or pay out option for 2020. In that case it may not be so costly to axe them after 2019.

The only intrigue is if some of the 2020 contracted coaches (e.g. Lyon, Richardson + Cameron) have some kind of performance clause or pay out option for 2020. In that case it may not be so costly to axe them after 2019.
I doubt it in our case. There was a ridiculous expectation and focus on us after 2016. I think Leon's contract was extended so he could ignore the crap and focus on his job. Those kind of clauses negate that.

Port will fire Hinkley as they likely won't win more than 10 games. Will be good for the club and hopefully Koch goes to as they have bastardized that teams playing style and attitude post 2014. Something needs to click in their heads because they are soft, play ugly football and are chokers recently - they are better than that dross they serve up. The permission to play on instinct needs to come back in as the regimented low scoring slogfest Port are attempting is stifling players ball movement, freedom to play the corridor and flair.

Until the Blues have a solid and relatively uninjured lineup judging Bolton properly is next to impossible. I think his time starts now. He needs another full season with Teague by his side and guys like SPS and Dow going to the next level. Throw in Andrew Russell with a new approach and I'm hoping we see a vastly improved side. There's still going to be quite a number of issues such as the ruck department (can kruez keep it together) and the settling down of our defence with Doc at the helm. If we can't stick 6-8 wins by seasons end than I think the big questions will come. I see the nucleus of very good side. I'm hoping Bolts can be around long enough to see it evolve and see these green shoots become giant redwoods.

He doesn't have to set the world on fire, even 5 wins with some form of game plan like in 15/16 would probably see him keep the job but....

McGovern and another preseason in to Curnow, McKay and some smalls surely means there's enough of a forward line not to be completely inept.

Docherty back in to a backline that has spent big assets on Marchbank, Plowman, Weitering and still has Simpson with a nice addition of Nic Newman can't be completely hopeless.

The midfield won't be great but in year 4 of a rebuild it can't be terrible either. Obviously Kreuzer and Murphy fit would help and the youngsters can't do 22 rounds but some of the reclaimed pick ups have to keep their spots.

If everything goes horribly again then either the coach has to go or Sos' top heavy on high picks and ex GWS talents recruiting methods should see him sacked. Not sure who wins that blame game.

I just feel like firing coaches is no longer in vogue now. Buckley and Hardwick showed that instead of firing them, you give them more support, more quality assistants, and that makes a difference.

That’s not to say that coaches won’t ever be fired; I feel like if the Saints don’t improve Richardson is in massive trouble, but some of the coaches people are suggesting like Hinkley and Beveridge there is no chance. There’s just no reason too in this day and age unless they have 100 percent lost the players.

How the f is Richardson contracted to 2020. I hope for his sake he pulls out of 360...excruciating watching him have to explain another loss every week!

He is a big sook and I hope he gets sacked first. A s**t coach that thinks he is that. The way he complained about the Eagles this season booooing and causing the difference for a lopesided free kick count was just bullshit and shows how unprofessional he is. Didn’t once take into account that maybe his team was just playing s**t and couldn’t match us. Can’t have a guy like that coach a club. Excuses excuses excuses will never win premierships. Brings a very negative attitude to the saints is what I see and can imagine being a player. No wonder all the young players like Billing’s are unperforming.

Port will fire Hinkley as they likely won't win more than 10 games. Will be good for the club and hopefully Koch goes to as they have bastardized that teams playing style and attitude post 2014. Something needs to click in their heads because they are soft, play ugly football and are chokers recently - they are better than that dross they serve up. The permission to play on instinct needs to come back in as the regimented low scoring slogfest Port are attempting is stifling players ball movement, freedom to play the corridor and flair.
I see where you’re coming from, they’re basically Richmond 2014-16.

He is a big sook and I hope he gets sacked first. A s**t coach that thinks he is that. The way he complained about the Eagles this season booooing and causing the difference for a lopesided free kick count was just bullshit and shows how unprofessional he is. Didn’t once take into account that maybe his team was just playing s**t and couldn’t match us. Can’t have a guy like that coach a club. Excuses excuses excuses will never win premierships. Brings a very negative attitude to the saints is what I see and can imagine being a player. No wonder all the young players like Billing’s are unperforming.

Not going to argue that Richo is a good coach but he had every right to complain about the lopsided free kick count. It wasn't just that game either, over the past 4 games we've played against West Coast in Perth you've had 56 more free kicks at an average 14 more free kicks per game, that's a ridiculous advantage.

Richardson does I'm pretty sure.

Not going to argue that Richo is a good coach but he had every right to complain about the lopsided free kick count. It wasn't just that game either, over the past 4 games we've played against West Coast in Perth you've had 56 more free kicks at an average 14 more free kicks per game, that's a ridiculous advantage.
Stop being so s**t then.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simpson after the Eagles lose round 1 away from home :D

Richardson, Bolton (if Saints and Blues continue bottom 4) and Hinkley (if Port don't play finals) are the three for me.

Lyon should be under more heat. If they keep defensive footy with Hogan and Lobb inside 50 than he needs to go. Needs a re-jig of the game plan.

Its got be Buckley the players don't like him, excuses excuses after every loss, FIGJAM, * him should of stayed at the lions, * him for turning down the Kangas job, He's Buckley, we all hate Collingwood, he's got a hot wife, he's earn s**t loads more than me, he's not overweight fore his age, he well be the next premiership coach. Yep its Bucks.

Richmond will be out of the 8 at the half way mark, their fairweather supporters will be once again burning their membership cards and baying for blood.....Hardwick gone by the end of the season

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Smell the fear.

If Hardwick is gone by the end of the year, Buckley will follow the next year, after all he has copied everything else we have done, oh except win a flag:$

Its got be Buckley the players don't like him, excuses excuses after every loss, FIGJAM, **** him should of stayed at the lions, **** him for turning down the Kangas job, He's Buckley, we all hate Collingwood, he's got a hot wife, he's earn s**t loads more than me, he's not overweight fore his age, he well be the next premiership coach. Yep its Bucks.
Well that was the popular opinion on your board after rnd 2.
Not sure how long he will be able to maintain the roid rage and keep that happy Hardwick inspired persona?
CaqyOweUkAA-C3x.jpg

The coach who should be under the most pressure is Ross Lyon but they'll manage another 7-8 win season off the back of an imbalanced H&A draw that sees them play 10 games a year at home against interstate sides and the heat will be kept off him again. If Freo played in Melbourne, they'd struggle to win 4. Going there was genius for his career. He'll always manage to sit in the middle of the ladder.
We had the same number of interstate wins as you guys in 2018

How many highly touted potential coaches are floating about these days? If one club sacks a coach late in the season we could see a chain reaction as they all want to rush to "get their man."

Back