Remove this Banner Ad

Fogarty watch:
Just watched 1st quarter

1 handpass
Better 2nd quarter:
2 Mark's, 2 kicks, 1 handpass
For a half time tally of 4 touches

Update:
5 touches in the second half and his goal was from a dubious throw free kick in which he seemed to be randomly picked out to take the kick as he wasn't directly involved in the play.

As I first thought this afternoon he had a thoroughly inconsequential game

Last edited:
Can tell you speaking to frampton and Wilson after the game. It is concussion for McKenzie. Had some tingling in his arm and hand and sick as a dog but no shoulder

I reckon McKenzie missed a number of games in the latter half of last season with concussion issues, and I have recollections of him leaving the field early after a couple of weeks off and then needing more recovery time on the side lines.
It may be time where both he and the club need to consider he wears some type of head protection.

I reckon McKenzie missed a number of games in the latter half of last season with concussion issues, and I have recollections of him leaving the field early after a couple of weeks off and then needing more recovery time on the side lines.
It may be time where both he and the club need to consider he wears some type of head protection.

Forget a helmet, that's not exactly going to do a whole lot in the grand scheme of things. If he's been dealing with concussion related symptoms on and off for the better part of the last 6-8 months, he really should be taking an extended break from the game.

This is just blatantly untrue. Prior to the tragedy with his father, Marshall kicked as many goals in three and a half games last year as Fogarty kicked in ten.
Carn.

In Marshall's first year he had kicked 1 goal across 3 games. Fogarty kicked 9 across 10 games . The point is there's no realistic and arguable difference between them at the moment. Marshall has had an extra year and arguably done bugger all more. The Fog may be no good, Marshall may be no good, or they might both be superstars, who the hell knows, but this pissing contest about Marshall being clearly great V Fogarty who's apparently definitely going to be a hack is just a bit naive and biased, and I prefer to live in the real world and not be consumed by that bias.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the first half live and the second half on youtube.
This game was only a tad higher than Snafl level so not getting to carried away.
Plenty to like. I think our first 3 drafts are all very good players and I wouldn't be surprised to see them all debut in the first third of the season.
Mahoney is an absolute beast and Mead looks a talent.
Plenty of other good stuff but will get a better gauge over the JLT.

This is just blatantly untrue. Prior to the tragedy with his father, Marshall kicked as many goals in three and a half games last year as Fogarty kicked in ten.

I don't look at Marshall's production to rate him. I look at how he brings other players into the game, his ability to tackle, to harass and to work inside our system. He's got a higher work rate, is much, much quicker, great below his knees and therefore more adaptable across the field.

Fogarty doesn't do any of that. He's your typical focal point forward. I don't think he's poor by any stretch of the imagination, but if you asked anyone in the league who they would rather build a team around, everyone would pick Marshall precisely because of his adaptability. Fogarty needs his midfield to get him the ball - Marshall just needs half chances to create something.

Ironically, he was selected with the pick we traded to Brisbane to get picks that got the Marshall/Powell-Pepper deal over the line. So they are always going to be linked.

I trust early year stats for developing KPFs like I trust a used car salesman's recount of previous owners. Using that reasoning, John Butcher is the greatest dead eye dick to roam the field and John McCarthy would be a GOAT key forward while Warren GT watches him on TV.

The eye test tells me Fogarty is a fat, slow throwback from a previous footballing generation, while Marshall has the agility, height, tank and skills to thrive in the modern game. With that said i fully expect Fogarty to inexplicably kick 5 on us in an upcoming showdown.

Bar one situation in the backlines, where he fell over and presented an easy goal, I thought Frampton was a massive and influential competitor.

Funny how people see the same thing but think differently.

I can't see that Billy is going to make it. OK as a forward at times, can tackle, but poor value as a ruck or anywhere else.

Depth player only IMHO.

Having watched the game again the turn around in the third quarter had a fair bit to do with Butters going into the centre square and winning 2 clearances that directly lead to goals in the space of about a minute.

Just watched the 2nd 1/2 again and for all you doubters Amon was very good.
The debate over Marshall v Fogerty?
i'm really glad we've got Todd who imo is a rare talent.

Kudos to the coaching group for getting us to play VERY differently.
New style of game, lots of newbies to watch with interest and a good result.

Best mood i've been in for ages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back