Game Day JLT series Game 2 vs Hawthorn - 7:10pm, UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

There are some concerns like Dimma said this time last year we were flying,but we need to work on a few things I like it better that way.Hawks cut us up through middle to easy first half just like our looses last year that cannot happen we need to be switched on defence wise and coaching has to counter it.

We cannot give teams that much of a positive start last 2 weeks , you'll be put away in the real stuff need to be straight of the blocks.Defence needs to function better to alot of guys were down, and that was a issue for us backend of last season.

There are some concerns like Dimma said this time last year we were flying,but we need to work on a few things I like it better that way.Hawks cut us up through middle to easy first half just like our looses last year that cannot happen we need to be switched on defence wise and coaching has to counter it.

We cannot give teams that much of a positive start last 2 weeks , you'll be put away in the real stuff need to be straight of the blocks.Defence needs to function better to alot of guys were down, and that was a issue for us backend of last season.

Thought haw bought us undone early , intercepting every thrust forward and bottlenecking our ability to forward handball , don’t discount the group going through the motions to get through to r1 . My major disappointment was a couple of yiungsters didn’t back up impressive jlt1 in Rossy and Balta , no greatshakes , plenty of time , just would have been nice ,,don’t be surprised if bellis comes back into calcs

Well, he should be suspended for 1 match if the AFL are fairdinkum

Riewoldt stayed down in the marking contest, took his eye off the ball, raised his leg and kicked Brand in the leg as he flew past.
Brand landed awkwardly as a result and stuffed his ankle.

It's the first time I've ever seen a player trip someone who was in mid-air, but that's exactly what he did.

But Jack is one of the media darlings and TV ratings drawcard for the season pipe-opener vs Carlton so I expect the AFL to say "Nothing to see here, folks"

Open the other eye and stop with your bias ,there was clearly nothing in it , he was trying to balance himself from falling over

How have you seen guys our ability to win centre clearances and first hand on the footy past 2 games this was a major issue last year and needs to be rectified.

How have you seen guys our ability to win centre clearances and first hand on the footy past 2 games this was a major issue last year and needs to be rectified.
I think it's a potential weakness for us. These new rules are going to punish sides who lose the centre clearance count I suspect.

Was good to see Graham finally have a decent game. I think we are going to need him up and about.

He was being held. I actually think he was kicking out at the football, not the player. Should probably be a free kick though. He’s getting nothing for it. And if they were “fair dinkum” he’d also get nothing for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who gut punched Graham, any footage

Shiels closed fist clear as day
Nothing really in it but with the afl trying to stamp out punching will be at least a week

Who gut punched Graham, any footage

Edit here it is, hmmmm looks like trouble

Yeah, the AFL media and Fox Footy have already done a pretty good job of getting Liam Shiels suspended for Round 1. Just an interesting double standard at play with Jack Riewoldt vs Kaiden Brand. e.g. I wonder what the reaction would've been if James Sicily did the exact same thing to Alex Rance and Rancey went off with an ankle injury

Yeah, the AFL media and Fox Footy have already done a pretty good job of getting Liam Shiels suspended for Round 1. Just an interesting double standard at play with Jack Riewoldt vs Kaiden Brand. e.g. I wonder what the reaction would've been if James Sicily did the exact same thing to Alex Rance and Rancey went off with an ankle injury
Shiels gets a fine for that I reckon

Shiels gets a fine for that I reckon
Hope so. Dwayno, Browny and Loinchop were pretty determined to see him miss a week.

Just to be clear, I like Jack, always have, so I don't really want to see him miss a match. But I'm just sick of the media & AFL double standards when it comes to Hawthorn. The last two players to be suspended for tripping/kicking were both Hawthorn players. Everyone else seems to get a warning or a fine.

2014 - Jarryd Roughead - 1 match
2015-2017 - nuthing to see here folks, move along...
2018 - Daniel Howe - 3 matches

edit: James Sicily also suspended last year for stepping on a Shaun Atley's leg after some 'trial by media'. That was a first.

Last edited:
Hope so. Dwayno, Browny and Loinchop were pretty determined to see him miss a week.

Don’t think he should miss a game personally but with all this talk about closed fist puch’s in the game I wouldn’t be shocked if he gets a week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back