Teams 2019 Fantasy - Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted in the other thread the other day, but posting here for finality so I can be held to account if I flip and make any changes, haha.

Barring team selection (which everyone looks locked at this stage after the confirmations of Drew and Duursma), this should be my final team (with Scott coming in for Atkins/Constable if one isn't selected, & Archie Smith possibly being used for some extra cash if needed/not named, to get Scrimshaw on the bench)

Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 1.23.44 pm.png Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 1.24.42 pm.png

Here is my current side, my midfield is fairly weak with 3 rookies on the field but I think they will all play and score fairly well.
Any suggestions?

1552962884933.png

Last edited:
Def:
Whitfield, Witherden, B.Smith, Z.Williams, Clark, Duursma (Hore, Collins)

Mid:
Coniglio, Cripps, Angus Brayshaw, Rockliff, B.Crouch, Libba, Walsh, Butters (Constable, Scott)

Ruck:
Gawn, Goldstein (Fort, Cameron)

Forward:
Danger, Heeney, Billings, L.McCarthy, Setterfield, Drew (Burgess, Balta)

Thoughts?

1552963328178.png

This is my team as of this morning, leaves $27k. I've had Goldstein all pre-season but changed to Gawn and I've had Devon Smith all pre-season but changed to Billings (which is scaring me after last year) and I also recently changed Dustin Martin to Taranto for some reason. I've been tossing up on Macrae vs. Coniglio for a while but have so far stuck with Macrae.

I'm a bit undecided on if I'd rather take a punt on Worpel instead of Billings, which leaves me with $165k to turn a ruck rookie into Archie Smith (to hopefully generate some cash) and some spare cash to correct any major errors next week.

I know I have a bit of work to do as I am only really happy with my Def, but have a few back up options.
Any thoughts or suggestions are welcomed.

DEF: Laird, Lloyd, Smith, Williams, Clark, Duursma (Hore, Burgess)
MID: Macrea, Treloar, Brayshaw, Rocky, B Crouch, Sheed, Walsh, Bewley (Atkins, Scott)
RUC: Grundy, Phillips (A. Smith, D. Cameron)
FWD: Danger, Telly, Billings, McCarthy, Setterfield, Drew (Petrucelle, Parker)

I know this team will get ripped to shreds and I totally understand why. But for some reason I keep ending up back at the same lineup.

DEF - Lloyd, Williams, Smith, Ridley, Duursma, Clark (Scrimshaw, Burgess).

Ridley is super risky at $301k, but I really like the look of him.
Basically loading up on rookies in the backline to avoid playing many forward rookies.

MID - Macrae, Cripps, Treloar, B.Crouch, Sheed, Liberatore, Walsh, Cousins (Scott, Constable)

Hard for me to go past the value in Crouch, Sheed and Liberatore. Taking a punt on Cousins breaking out in a midfield role. Can easily trade him down to a cheaper rookie if it fails.

RUCK - Gawn, Witts (Fort, Flynn)

Will probably regret not starting with Grundy. Enough said.

FWD - Dangerfield, Dunkley, Worpel, Elliot, W.Rioli, Setterfield (Parker, Petruccelle)

Look, I know what you are all thinking. And you are probably all correct, but I really see a lot of upside in all of Worpel, Rioli and Elliot. Elliot has gone 75-80 before and he is priced at around 53. Rioli I feel is in for a much increased role when ot comes to time around the ball and possessions. He too is priced around 53-54.
I’m also backing in Worpel to continue on from his end of last season with an icreased role due to Mitchell being out.

It also means I am only playing one forward rookie on field in Setterfield.

I know this team will get ripped to shreds and I totally understand why. But for some reason I keep ending up back at the same lineup.

Basically loading up on rookies in the backline to avoid playing many forward rookies.

MID - Macrae, Cripps, Treloar, B.Crouch, Sheed, Liberatore, Walsh, Cousins (Scott, Constable)

Hard for me to go past the value in Crouch, Sheed and Liberatore. Taking a punt on Cousins breaking out in a midfield role. Can easily trade him down to a cheaper rookie if it fails.

FWD - Dangerfield, Dunkley, Worpel, Elliot, W.Rioli, Setterfield (Parker, Petruccelle)

Look, I know what you are all thinking. And you are probably all correct, but I really see a lot of upside in all of Worpel, Rioli and Elliot. Elliot has gone 75-80 before and he is priced at around 53. Rioli I feel is in for a much increased role when ot comes to time around the ball and possessions. He too is priced around 53-54.
I’m also backing in Worpel to continue on from his end of last season with an icreased role due to Mitchell being out.

I see a lot of merit in your fwds strategy. Personally won't be touching Rioli but there are other blokes around that price that could do well still - McCarthy, Newnes .etc. I think this strategy can actually pay off this year as opposed to other years. Obviously huge risk involved. You'll be ahead if it pays off but it's a big ask needing 3 midpricers to go bang.

I've been tossing up with a similar structure. Keep changing from a 3-1-2 forward line to a 2-3-1 forward line meaning the only rookie I would have to field is Setterfield in that last iteration. I have worries Drew will make way for Wines and that last iteration gives security in case that happens, which in your case means you'll be laughing if he does end up getting dropped.

Yeah it is risky as hell but back yourself. I don't like all of your picks but don't mind the strat, especially getting the forward rookies off the ground.

I see a lot of merit in your fwds strategy. Personally won't be touching Rioli but there are other blokes around that price that could do well still - McCarthy, Newnes .etc. I think this strategy can actually pay off this year as opposed to other years. Obviously huge risk involved. You'll be ahead if it pays off but it's a big ask needing 3 midpricers to go bang.

I've been tossing up with a similar structure. Keep changing from a 3-1-2 forward line to a 2-3-1 forward line meaning the only rookie I would have to field is Setterfield in that last iteration. I have worries Drew will make way for Wines and that last iteration gives security in case that happens, which in your case means you'll be laughing if he does end up getting dropped.

I can see why you wouldn't touch Rioli, but for some reason I just feel like he can push that 75 range which is a good 20pts up on his price. Obviously a very risky pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually realised after re reading your response that my FWD bench is actually Drew/Petruccelle.

Is starting Andrew Phillips insanity?

I don't have much confidence in Grundy right now so i'm looking away from my initial gawn - grundy duo. It's either the safer option of Witts or go for cash with Phillips.

I actually realised after re reading your response that my FWD bench is actually Drew/Petruccelle.
You should still have him as he has been named and has good scoring potential compared with other fwd rookies. Just means you won't have someone not playing on your field IF he ends up losing his place. But it's also sort of wrong of me to assume he will be the one to cop the axe

My structure keeps changing and it's starting to do my head in. Need some assurance.

D: Lloyd, Crisp, B.Smith, Z.Williams, Ridley, Clark (Scrimshaw, Burgess)

A lot of mid price mayhem going on down here but see more value in those guys and the defender rooks rather than forwards and originally had English rucking but that scares me so went Newman down to Ridley.

M: Cogs, Brayshaw, Crouch, Crouch, Libba, Walsh, C.Jones, Duursma (Constable, Hind)

Happy with mids.

R: Grundy, Goldy (Fort, Xerri)

Tossing up between Goldy and Witts, could even get Gawn if I were to go Ridley down to Hore and play Scrimshaw?

F: Danger, Heeney, Boak, Worpel, Setterfield, Drew (Balta, Parker)

Happy with forwards.

Ok, currently have this:

B: Lloyd, Mills, Smith, Z Williams, Duursma, Clark - Hore, Scrimshaw

M: Macrae, Treloar, Brayshaw, Sheed, B Crouch, Libba, Walsh, B Smith - Scott, Atkins

R: Grundy, Gawn - Fort, Flynn

F: Danger, Dunkley, Boak, Setterfield, Petruccelle, Drew - Parker, Burgess

My final lineup after all the back and forth over the last couple months but I’m finally comfortable. Gone a bit lighter down back to save the cash but at the same time I think my 3 mid pricers can all go 85 ave and keepers till become premos.

Back: Lloyd, Houli, Smith, Williams, Clark, Duursma (Hore, scrimshaw)

Mid: Macrae, Coniglio, Brayshaw, Rockliff, crouch, Libba, Walsh, Scott (gibbons, Constable)

Ruck: Grundy, Goldstein (fort, Flynn)

Fwd: danger, Dunkley, boak, McCarthy, setterfield, drew (burgess, petrucelle)

Managed to get a bye structure of 8/10/12 without even putting too much thought into it so that’s a bonus too!

Ballsy but beautiful. Love the Rioli pick, he has been very impressive the last few weeks including in intraclub matches.

Ok, currently have this:

B: Lloyd, Mills, Smith, Z Williams, Duursma, Clark - Hore, Scrimshaw

M: Macrae, Treloar, Brayshaw, Sheed, B Crouch, Libba, Walsh, B Smith - Scott, Atkins

R: Grundy, Gawn - Fort, Flynn

F: Danger, Dunkley, Boak, Setterfield, Petruccelle, Drew - Parker, Burgess
Needs more Bulldogs mids.

My final lineup after all the back and forth over the last couple months but I’m finally comfortable. Gone a bit lighter down back to save the cash but at the same time I think my 3 mid pricers can all go 85 ave and keepers till become premos.

Back: Lloyd, Houli, Smith, Williams, Clark, Duursma (Hore, scrimshaw)

Mid: Macrae, Coniglio, Brayshaw, Rockliff, crouch, Libba, Walsh, Scott (gibbons, Constable)

Ruck: Grundy, Goldstein (fort, Flynn)

Fwd: danger, Dunkley, boak, McCarthy, setterfield, drew (burgess, petrucelle)

Managed to get a bye structure of 8/10/12 without even putting too much thought into it so that’s a bonus too!
Like the Houli pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back