Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Western Bulldogs > 30 pts

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Quietly confident, happy to go in as underdog though. I think our mids should control the play. Our scoring capacity has improved since last year, and a few more inside 50s should help this as long as we can capitalise.

Dogs by 17pts
Result was about what I expected :D

Nice melt there from Sicily. As if one sketchy free kick is the reason his club coughed up a five goal lead and conceded nine in a quarter. But it just goes to show how entitled Hawthorn are, and how quickly they turn to water once the umps and entire AFL don't bend over backwards to favour them. We can expect a very angry coffee session between Clarko and the head of umpiring on Monday.

Have to laugh at Hawk morons here and elsewhere stating the umps decided that game.
You conceded 9 goals in the last quarter. That's on your team, not the umps.

On an unrelated matter. Suffer in your jocks.

This is irrelevant to Sicily throwing his toys at the umpire like a 3yo. All players get bad umpiring decisions most dont lose their crap. Bloke is a loose cannon.

But he didn't do anything wrong. The first free kick when scores were level wasn't there, was a horrible knee jerk reaction by the umpire. The second one in the goalsquare was probably a free (need to rewatch) but was soft regardless. Then Sicily just talked about the decision in general without verbally attacking the ump personally, who then decided to take offense and give the 50. Sicily got extremely hard done by

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Enjoy the circle jerk Dogs, don't mind you as a club but this was a bullsh*t win and you'll be found out soon enough.

Hmm fair enough. Personally I think we dominated for 65% of the game and deserved the win. And the momentum shift in the final 15 minutes was obvious, umpires or no. Hawthorn looked very slow and out of stamina, not helped by being 2 down on the bench for the qtr.

We would have won by more on a dry deck, and we would have got home anyway without that Schache free, which was the only one I'd consider not paying.

Scully shouldn't have played, and you guys are desperately missing Titch.

Hilarious to focus on one suss decision from ill discipline rather than in the last 5 minutes just falling asleep at the wheel, disgraceful effort....well done Dogs for bringing the pressure on...

But he didn't do anything wrong. The first free kick when scores were level wasn't there, was a horrible knee jerk reaction by the umpire. The second one in the goalsquare was probably a free (need to rewatch) but was soft regardless. Then Sicily just talked about the decision in general without verbally attacking the ump personally, who then decided to take offense and give the 50. Sicily got extremely hard done by

Agreed, I'm no fan of his, but he simply asked where was the push. In the end, the umpire couldn't even answer it, and decided it'd been paid for a hold. That umpire shouldn't be out there if he can't even figure out what he's paying the frees for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no idea what happened as Hawthorn were up by a lot and I switched over to Gold Coast vs Fremantle. Then I check back and it is 87-87.

On a side note though I know I may be overreaching here but there is something about Sicily that makes me super uncomfortable. Reminds me of a person I used to work with where you could actually see the suppressed rage within him.
Yeah but you're a lefty and so easily triggered😂

Then handle the disappointment like an adult not a child. Bloke is selfish and frequently costs his team by getting suspended and having fights with other players and umpires.

Agreed, I'm no fan of his, but he simply asked where was the push. In the end, the umpire couldn't even answer it, and decided it'd been paid for a hold. That umpire shouldn't be out there if he can't even figure out what he's paying the frees for.
Regardless of that, you can’t swear at them like he did.

Great comeback, but I hate seeing free kicks paid for jumper punches. They've been part of the game since antiquity.

I don't want to see the game I love being turned into soccer :thumbsdown:

The F%&#N word was used just prior the 50 metre penalty.Not good for young viewers to hear.

This is irrelevant to Sicily throwing his toys at the umpire like a 3yo. All players get bad umpiring decisions most dont lose their crap. Bloke is a loose cannon.
In fairness, he did ask the umpire two or three times without using any profanities 'how was that a push?' to which the umpire standing right next to him just blantantly ignored his question. I think what caused him to snap and swear at him wasn't the free itself but the fact that the umpire was flat out ignoring him (probably afraid that he may have had a point).

Back