Over exposed AFL identities

Remove this Banner Ad

David King for sure- mainly because he is held up as more expert than all the other experts and I am still not sure why

Basically seems now if you play 150 games or more you get a media gig if you want it

He's the Antony Green of football. Questions such as why are better not asked

The way he kind of takes the piss out of them then smirks into the camera with this 'he didn't even get that joke – aren't all us grown ups so smart?' is ******* infuriating.

Absolute knob shell, he just talks incessant trash. His football brain is non-existent. And he's more interested in talking up players we already know are very good and then talking about their home life. Toolio.

I remember a few seconds into interviewing Jack Higgins he gets this steely, extra-terrestrial look in his eyes as he realises he’s more intelligent than him. He then returns the topic of conversation to Jack’s average academic results after they’ve all moved on from on it.

Absolute campaigner.

I enjoy Riewoltd's comments, especially on 360 - didn't much care for him as a player, but I can see why he was a captain. Understands the game well, communicates well, is clearly no dummy.

Bob Murphy - are there seriously people who don't like Bob? Really? Loved him as a player, love him just as much now.

Kingy's good value too.

/shrug - each to their own I guess, but I really enjoy listening to those 3 on 360.

Fact

Never coached yet question coaches
Wife cheater
Was a slow full forward who wouldn't get a kick in today's game

All his credentials are media driven from the footy show

Healy, Brown, Whately, Robinson, Carey, etc etc all question coaches. It's their job to do so.

You obviously don't like him and that's ok but he was a seriously good footballer mate. 90% of todays players would be to scared to take the field in that era. He would easily get a game today.
Did he do something personally to you?

Astounding how Vic centric Fox Footy is. 3 x episodes of AFL360 and 1 x Episode of On The Couch without a single mention of the WA Derby from the weekend.

Don't get me wrong, I watch it because I love footy but I have to go to podcasts like The Duff & Quarters podcast for some Freo chat. They do a pretty good and balanced job.
The less said about that game the better. Worst game i have watched this year

...something strange with this recollection. Gawn went to a Government school all the way through to Year 12.

Yeah I don't know what the * old mate invented in his head, the comment was like all private school boys are a bit of a w***er. It was taking the piss aswell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Healy, Brown, Whately, Robinson, Carey, etc etc all question coaches. It's their job to do so.

You obviously don't like him and that's ok but he was a seriously good footballer mate. 90% of todays players would be to scared to take the field in that era. He would easily get a game today.
Did he do something personally to you?

I have the same problem with Healy for the very same reason, didn't put his hand up to try coaching, but often gets very critical of coaches and coaching moves during games.

I reckon it was for this reason Mick Malthouse once gave him an infamous spray about 'Leaving Melbourne in the lurch by going to Sydney for $$$$' (Healy amusingly was pretty rattled by that afterwards)

It's not the job of special comments people or commentators to critique the performances of coaching or coaches during games (that is what discussion shows like Talking Footy and Footy Classified are for)

And yes Garry Lyon is hands down, a top 5 most overrated player of all time, FWIW.

I have the same problem with Healy for the very same reason, didn't put his hand up to try coaching, but often gets very critical of coaches and coaching moves during games.

I reckon it was for this reason Mick Malthouse once gave him an infamous spray about 'Leaving Melbourne in the lurch by going to Sydney for $$$$' (Healy amusingly was pretty rattled by that afterwards)

It's not the job of special comments people or commentators to critique the performances of coaching or coaches during games (that is what discussion shows like Talking Footy and Footy Classified are for)

And yes Garry Lyon is hands down, a top 5 most overrated player of all time, FWIW.

So no different to any of us commenting about players ability and performance or anything to do with the AFL, none of us have played at that level so we should not be commenting.

Overexposed
David King - multiple avenues to spread his thoughts. Not sure he's that accomplished a media person to need all of TV, radio, print outlets. Somehow won a media award back in the day. Who votes on this s**t?

Kane Cornes - gets some slot on AFL.com.au weekly and other slots, just by being deliberately controversial and very dumb - although I'm not sure whether he's dumb deliberately or not. Mr retires-8-rounds-into-a-season-to-get-300-games-and-then-"has to"-retire-to-join-the-fire-service,-only-to-get-a-media-career has the gall to call Crouch brothers selfish (nothing more selfish than taking a list spot for 8 games to get a personal milestone!) and say Ollie Wines has put himself in an embarrassing position (hello Kane, have you met this kettle? What colour is it?).

I still remember Gawns dickish comment on AFL 360 about private school boys being better than public school boys.
Given the world is ruled by private school boys, particularly the West, gulaging them all as a preventative measure would probably usher in a utopian era of peace and prosperity.

Garry Lyon was not overrated. 3X AA, 2x B&F winner, Captain of State of Origin in 1994, Melbourne Team of the Century. Often played injured and sore.

If you think Lyon is a top 5 most overrated player then by your standards everyone is Wayne Carey or Gary Ablett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back