Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Staying for 2024, Lyon’s Cryin’

Will Simpson be Head Coach at WCE in 2024

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weather had nothing to do with us getting smashed. Looks like there are some on here who need a bail out excuse for our poor performances. Truth is we have been garbage for all bar 1.5 games this year.
Body of evidence for 5 games now suggests that the Collingwood game was an aberration. We steel ourselves for the biggest game when we feel like it.

Still time to turn it around, but it needs to come quickly.

And can't see it happening v Geelong.

Gotta take the good with the bad...

Simmo did a wonderful job last year, but in this instance he really does need to wake up and come up with a better plan for wet weather football. As we all know this is not the first time we’ve been badly exposed in a wet slog-fest...and this is a winter sport after all.

Extremely frustrating to see this happen time & time again.

That is the worst attitude to have. If any player or coach is happy to just rest on laurels of last season they can GTFO. Everyone must strive to improve including coaches.

Again we were beated at the selection table and out coached on match day with conditions playing a major role. AGAIN went too tall in wet conditions. Dont get beaten by what you know........well a big fat F on that Simo.

Last edited:
Rd1.We got beat up by Brisbane
Rd2. Giants had a LOT more inside 50s and opportunities than a 52 point loss wpuld show... saved by our backline.
Rd3. Our best win.
Rd4. Horrible Derby. Freo kick straight and things could be different.
Rd5. Yuk

3-2

Haven't really started playing ANY decent footy yet.

Im interested to see how we go v cats. I for some reason feel like we match up better v them and we'll push them.

Next 5 games:

Cats away
Suns home
Saints away
Dees home
Crows away

Would love to be 7-3 after 10 but would take 6-4

5-5 or worse is bad bad.

Go Eagles

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

The biggest issue with that game is it's a real blueprint on how to beat us. And it's an easy method for other teams to copy. Manic, manic pressure.

Simmo has been great for us, but his methodical stick to the plan style can come unstuck if the opposition execute like port did last night because there isn't much of a plan b - or at least there doesn't seem to be.

Gaff needs to move to the wing, where he is one of the best in the competition. He's not strong enough to be at the coalface over and over, and it takes away his biggest strength - finding space and running into it. I know some people deride him for getting cheap uncontested possessions, but who cares - he is a seriously damaging wingman.

At least Gaff laid a tackle last night

solid argument.

Its not actually knocking Gaff, he's probably the leagues best wingman, play him in his position.

Sheeds been an inside mid his entire football life, was in potential Brownlow form playing there the first few weeks, and nearly won a Norm Smith playing as one. But yes let's play him as a forward.

The biggest issue with that game is it's a real blueprint on how to beat us. And it's an easy method for other teams to copy. Manic, manic pressure.

Simmo has been great for us, but his methodical stick to the plan style can come unstuck if the opposition execute like port did last night because there isn't much of a plan b - or at least there doesn't seem to be.

Gaff needs to move to the wing, where he is one of the best in the competition. He's not strong enough to be at the coalface over and over, and it takes away his biggest strength - finding space and running into it. I know some people deride him for getting cheap uncontested possessions, but who cares - he is a seriously damaging wingman.

The thing is Collingwood play a very aggressive handball happy game style too - but our gameplan seems to limit them.

Not sure why it doesn't work against Brib/Freo/Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rd1.We got beat up by Brisbane
Rd2. Giants had a LOT more inside 50s and opportunities than a 52 point loss wpuld show... saved by our backline.
Rd3. Our best win.
Rd4. Horrible Derby. Freo kick straight and things could be different.
Rd5. Yuk

3-2

Haven't really started playing ANY decent footy yet.

Im interested to see how we go v cats. I for some reason feel like we match up better v them and we'll push them.

Next 5 games:

Cats away
Suns home
Saints away
Dees home
Crows away

Would love to be 7-3 after 10 but would take 6-4

5-5 or worse is bad bad.

Go Eagles

If we are serious we should go 4-1 in that period.

The game against the Cats will be a loss.

solid argument.

Its not actually knocking Gaff, he's probably the leagues best wingman, play him in his position.

Sheeds been an inside mid his entire football life, was in potential Brownlow form playing there the first few weeks, and nearly won a Norm Smith playing as one. But yes let's play him as a forward.
Definitely don’t think we should play him forward but he’s not the BBIBWBLF. Our defensive pressure in tight will go down even further with Sheed at the coalface.

If we are serious we should go 4-1 in that period.

The game against the Cats will be a loss.
We should be serious but at the moment we're treading water a bit (thats what i meant by wins wallpapering the cracks)

Id LOVE us to be 7-3. Would be a HUGE result before the bye

30 scoring shots to Port yesterday to 13 from us. We got destroyed, think we got worked out pretty good last night. Seems like we have no plan B at all, how many times yesterday did I see Hurn kick down the right hand wing?

30 scoring shots to Port yesterday to 13 from us. We got destroyed, think we got worked out pretty good last night. Seems like we have no plan B at all, how many times yesterday did I see Hurn kick down the right hand wing?
The problem now is that will Simo develop a plan B or continue using a plan that has probably already been worked out by other teams. The lose of key defenders in 2015 saw the rise of the web, could Simo come up with something new to combat the curse of the 6-6-6.

Lol commentary here reminds me of the same comments about Worsfold - common thread is they both delivered a premiership for us and had no plan B. Facts are we've lost two games - yes last night wasn't pretty for many reasons but we did recently go over and belt Collingwood at the G. If we bounce back against Geelong everyone will be back on the bandwagon.

The "No Plan B" thing is so lazy IMO and can be said about just about everyone when it's convenient to do so. The same criticism was aimed at the Wildcats this season during their form slump, and of course history shows that they went on to win the title. Regardless of what your Plan A is, the important thing is everyone being on the same page, giving maximum effort, and actually executing the plan correctly. Picking a side capable of best executing your Plan A also helps a lot. But let's be honest, last night it's not like we were suddenly going to win the game by switching to Plan B. We were rubbish.
Learn the lessons, make the changes, and get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back