List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets rumours 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think we need to look more at quality that only has a couple of years left. Someone that will come cheap but is A grade. Pick these guys up from lower based teams cheaper due to age and who have no use for them in a rebuild. We are in our flag window and need to add another quality midfielder to our side IMO.

Murphy would have been perfect last year IMO.
Good shout. Sydney and Norf are about to enter some dark years, so I’d take Josh Kennedy and Shaun Higgins.

Shadow of his former self
That’s kind of the point. We don’t have the cap space to lure a gun in their prime. Kennedy is still three times the player Jack Graham is, who is regularly given games for us. Kennedy had 36 touches and kicked 2 goals three weeks ago. I’m sure he could do a job for a year or two. Fills a massive hole in our midfield while Collier-Dawkins develops.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends on the quality of the draft on how active we will be in the trade period.

Weaker draft in 2016 and we went hard in the trade period.
Last 2 years the draft pools have been very strong so we turned over 30% of our list to bring in players plus got the best free agent.

Do they have to reduce the list by four each year?
Is there a mandatory number?
I like Francis at Dons. KPD.
A-Rance ain't getting any younger.

Last edited:
Do they have to reduce the list by four each year?
Is there a mandatory number?
I like Francis at Dons. KPD.
A-Rance ain't getting any younger.
Markov
Grigg
Menadue
Butler/Ellis

Some of these players may be under contract, but may look at trading. You're on the money , finding 4 is difficult. Wow... just seems a few years ago I could get to 7-8 without stressing!!

Thanks.
I wrote at the start of the year, before the Rance injury, we need to recruit a future KPD.
Grimes is a great player but he needs assistance, immense responsibility week-in week-out, if he falters in finals we are done.
Out: Butler, Grigg, Markov.

Lose Ellis as a free agent, and I'd have Butler and Short on the table. There's 3 first round picks there.
Would be be lucky to get an end of first round pick if Ellis went to another club. For comparison, the Eagles got an end of first for Lycett - Port paid 600K for 5 years.

Pretty happy with our list atm wouldn’t be going looking at anyone in particular

We have some great talent developing across all lines
If the club got any knocks from players unhappy they should investigate but wouldn’t want to loose anything but depth similar to last year and maybe Ellis if he gets a nice offer via free agency but I would still offer him something within our means and wouldn’t be upset if he stayed with us

Back in the recruting team and hit the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back