AFL Autopsy Rnd 6: ANZAC Day loss to the Magpies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sportsbet - if your team is 12 points up at any break, they pay out.
Betfair - 30 points up at any stage, they pay out.

If the Bombers had of gotten up in the last quarter Australia's two biggest online bookies would have had to pay out on both Collingwood and Essendon, in the biggest home and away match of the year, on a known big gambling day. $millions. Just let that sink in for a while.
I'd rather not think about it anymore honestly

Was probably the most horrible umpired game I have seen in a while.

But we cost ourselves the game too, get down by over 30 points against a quality side takes a bit to come back form it probably could have been more with just much they seemed to have our measure early/mid that 2nd quarter.

But, glad we stood up and fought it out. Think it was a game we had to learn to play to cope with their kind of pressure. Pressure that will be around for finals footy. Not perfect but I think their were some good signs that we held up kind of okay.

We, particularly in the 2nd half kept pressure on them the whole time. I think we forced a lot of their mistakes - as they did ours.

I feel like our poor disposal/decision making cost us though, there were a few kicks into the centre corridor that became loose balls up for a contest, both were from marks (may have been more) one from Joe, the other Walla.

2 our our players spoiling one another.

Shiel disposal has been pretty good but a few cost us, he kicked a point in I think the 3rd, on the run from wide on the 50, when I recall their being players free in the F50 .

We had players streaming through the middle late (last few minutes) a miskick went straight to a Pies player all on his own - a miskick I think but again costly.

The umpiring was poor but we blew plenty of our own chances.

Sportsbet - if your team is 12 points up at any break, they pay out.
Betfair - 30 points up at any stage, they pay out.

If the Bombers had of gotten up in the last quarter Australia's two biggest online bookies would have had to pay out on both Collingwood and Essendon, in the biggest home and away match of the year, on a known big gambling day. $millions. Just let that sink in for a while.
Perhaps a worse conspiracy than 5351

Yeah, I sincerely hope the AFL never has or has never had sports betting motivated corruption, but it is ******* naïve to think it is never a possibility.
Match fixing in sport is as old as sport itself. Name a major sport that has not had some form of gambling corruption?

Ever read Power without Glory?

I'm writing a book, how to umpire for dummies. Here is flow chart 1

View attachment 664263

Anymore complicated and you are ruining football

Nice work, you should email that HQ & maybe a couple of the shows, 360 etc.

Personally, it's time to do away with prior opportunity & while we're at it, 'intent' can * right off as well, seriously how did that word ever make it's way into a rule book??

Simplify this stuff so much that even umpires cant * it up...

Nice work, you should email that HQ & maybe a couple of the shows, 360 etc.

Personally, it's time to do away with prior opportunity & while we're at it, 'intent' can **** right off as well, seriously how did that word ever make it's way into a rule book??

Simplify this stuff so much that even umpires cant **** it up...
Intent only comes into it when the players don't make any attempt. Otherwise it's not a thing. I like that the players must intend to dispose of the footy and not just sit on it.

Intent only comes into it when the players don't make any attempt. Otherwise it's not a thing. I like that the players must intend to dispose of the footy and not just sit on it.

I personally love it when their 'attempt' is to kick their legs up and down and thrust their body like a fish out of water, or the oft used wwf fake repeated punch of the ball stationary ball.

I personally love it when their 'attempt' is to kick their legs up and down and thrust their body like a fish out of water, or the oft used wwf fake repeated punch of the ball stationary ball.
That's where the umpire can use the old "must make genuine attempt" if they think that the player isn't being fair dinkum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuine attempt if any team did it other than essendon.
When I was young and playing footy it was great. If you got tackled and didn't get rid of it. Holding the ball. You knew if you took possession you would be required to get rid of it. If you didn't think you could get rid of it leave the ******* ball alone

Genuine attempt if any team did it other than essendon.
When I was young and playing footy it was great. If you got tackled and didn't get rid of it. Holding the ball. You knew if you took possession you would be required to get rid of it. If you didn't think you could get rid of it leave the ******* ball alone

I agree mostly , but in the end, we should be a ball playing sport - I do think we should lean toward rewarding the ball player over the tackler where its a 50/50. With all the congestion nowadays if we are a reward the tackler sport itll become rugby scrums - or, the more desirable option, we knock the ball on/out more rather than taking possession and its flows better that way.

I think how it should be is:

* If you have prior - you need to get rid of it legally.

* If you don't have prior - you should either hold onto it or get rid of it legally.

If you make the decision to hold, then you had better be 100% sure that there was no prior or you'll get pinged.

That puts the risk on the players side of things and they can't have it both ways by simply dropping the ball.

I'll sort it for you.

5351 is a postcode in the Barossa region of South Australia, comprised of a number of small townships. Lyndoch, Barossa Goldfields, Pewsey Vale, Williamstown, Crawford, and Altona are covered by 5351, as is a small town known as Cockatoo Valley.

Cockatoo Valley was discovered on March 3rd, 1838 by a group of four Europeans who camped there on the first overland expedition to reach the Murray River from Adelaide. It was swarming with cockatoos, seven of which were shot for supper.

Number of European explorers venturing through SA = 4.

Number of Cockatoos minus weird Collingwood poster's posts on this page = 4.

Margin on ANZAC Day = 4.

Collingwood highest individual possession count minus Essendon highest individual possession count.
Pendlebury's 38 MINUS Shiel's 34.

Number is 4.

As such, only one man can save this team from the disgraceful umpiring with his imposing presence.
The number 4.

LANGFORD%20Kyle%20updated.png

THE DA VINCI CODE IS SOLVED.
THE ANSWER IS KYLE LANGFORD.
Oh my god I’m laughing like a ******* drug addled crazy person and I’m on the Frankston train. I fit right in.

Yeah, I sincerely hope the AFL never has or has never had sports betting motivated corruption, but it is ******* naïve to think it is never a possibility.
Match fixing in sport is as old as sport itself. Name a major sport that has not had some form of gambling corruption?

Ever read Power without Glory?
What’s in place to stop it? Seems to be very little accountability or transparency...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back