Player Watch #21: Noah Balta

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t wait for Balta to have a solid purple patch in a game like he did in that JLT one

Even in the VFL every now and again he would put together these games that are just off the chart

We all know he can do it it’s just a matter of when
Against Collingwood please

Balta shows great promise and has most of us excited
I had a little flash back and Jay Schulz was not dissimilar as in burst onto the scene and showed great promise
Jay's best was very good but could also be very quiet

I know people were excited about Noah watching him in the U18's

I got excited when I saw him in a VFL game

More people got excited from our first JLT game

More still got excited when seeing him in the AFL

I hope we are right and he will continue to develop and not stop halfway up the tree something like Jay did

As much as I love what he does on field going by his Instagram he seems like a little bit of a muppett
Hopefully I’m getting the wrong impression but if I’m right he’s not going to be interested in doing the team thing when it’s contract time

As much as I love what he does on field going by his Instagram he seems like a little bit of a muppett
Hopefully I’m getting the wrong impression but if I’m right he’s not going to be interested in doing the team thing when it’s contract time

what parts you talking about? I've only checked it now so can only see last 24 hours of his story and that seems fine but that's all i've seen

what parts you talking about? I've only checked it now so can only see last 24 hours of his story and that seems fine but that's all i've seen

No one thing in particular more just the vibe I guess some of the way he responded to the questions came across a little arrogant to me but hey I couldn’t be completely off the mark same has been said about any number of players and they are great club men

No one thing in particular more just the vibe I guess some of the way he responded to the questions came across a little arrogant to me but hey I couldn’t be completely off the mark same has been said about any number of players and they are great club men

He is 19, most 19 year olds are like that.

I agree with ND it's mostly just a 19 year old being a 19 year old in 2019. Clubs will have all different types and I'm sure we can keep him focussed and he'll buy into our culture and if not he won't be a tiger for life. Nothing worried me though just a kid trying to be all "random" and funny to impress his followers. Though I do wonder what he did to get dropped for 1 game (apparently was a club suspension type thing)

His insta story / Q&A was quite mind numbingly entertaining I thought (as far as AFL players go). He’s another strange cat to add to our burgeoning bunch of ‘unique characters’ at the club by the looks of things. Reading between the lines I think a fair few of the Qs came from tigers players who were giving him sh1t, hence his sarcasm. :thumbsu:

Maybe I'm alone in this but I reckon Balta's best spot might end up being the old Richo running loose role. His size and speed would make him virtually impossible to match, and then his kicking would regularly tear defensive structures apart. But he'd need a lot more endurance to do it.However I reckon Balta running as a ruck rover type could be a great thing for us. Creates weapons and also give him a couple of jobs to do on taller players and we have a winner.

We’d have to change our entire playing style and structure to allow him to do that. Can’t see it happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have always wanted Balta playing on the wing

* Pushes up to HB for the Richmond kick ins out of defence
* Has the ability to chop out Nank all over the ground
* Has a booming kick to get the ball 30 out from goal from the wing
* Very hard to out mark when switching play
* Can push up foward to create a mis match

Was awful again. A few moments of absolute quality and the rest of the time looking lost and making poor decisions. Not the type of player you play when trying to win games and play finals.

Was awkward af when he wanted to box on after getting belted by Naughton for a lot of the night.

Plays too loose down back. Needs to be a permanent forward

I think he thought noughton punched grimes in the throat. Was just a push.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is shortsighted to evaluate Balta on his current contribution as he is one of the most athletically gifted big men in the league, and might even be number 1. He also has done a few extraordinarily good things which proves he can play.
Fully support his selection because the only thing he doesn’t have is craft. But that can be learnt.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back