Autopsy Rd 8 Blues deserving but no reward again

Who played well in Round 8?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Some or our players out there need to be better. Need to be stronger at the core. In the last five minutes you have to :

1. Stay on your ******* feet
2. Lay a ******* tackle and when you do, don't let the other ****** break it
3. Get to the ball when it needs to be met.

Our players don't do this. It's about being better than the bloke in the other jumper when the ball is there to be affected and we simply don't ******* do it.......YET.

No you're a tosser mate,

Did we play one on one last quarter? tick - fail
Did we slow down the play last quarter? cross - fail

What did we do? Pushed players behind the ball one on one. What we should have done - spread, slow down the play for at least two minutes. But we went one on one as far as I saw. Against Collingwood with their quality.... we lost it in the coaches box prove it otherwise you can't.
You just contradicted yourself.

What a diff a week made.
We were competitive and that's made today gane enjoyable, except for the umpiring and the last 5 mins
But, we are very close to winning another game

Surely not the Pies today.

I know it's a bugbear of yours Thy, but let them vent. It's easy for one to ignore something they don't like, than for many to pulled up on something they truly believe, especially if no rules are being broken.
aye aye, cappen......

At the end of the day the rub of the green rarely goes our way. Cwood are a clean team and we are a bit rough. The effort was superb however.

Thought we lost momentum when we did that. 5 mins too early. Geez I was watching that clock when we were 2 goals up. 3 mins we held ln before it turned. (8-5 minute to go i think)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I thought the same. But the argument that we didn’t do it - as per the previous poster - is wrong. The better point is knowing when to slow the play and we did that wrong.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And in the meantime he causes terrible momentum killing turnover handballs or kicks that are not worth persevering at in the 1's. It's easier for him to work on his issues in the 2's.
I reckon you miss alot of the good work he does and as I said, gets the ball. Yes needs to work on disposal but so does 70% of our team. Best to do it at afl and not vfl. It will click.

However his set shot routine today was a shocker. If that's what the coaches have come up with, start again.

Much happier with this effort. Last playing first and we took it right up to them. Pies fans would have been sh!tting their pants at the 20 minute mark of the final quarter. What a shame Collingwood got some soft goals at the death - it marred what had been a really good, close contest. Regardless of who won, a winning margin of less than a goal would have been fitting.

I'm feeling optimistic again. Had the umpiring been less one-sided, who knows? It might have been a lot closer at least.

Not sure why people complaining about umpiring it didn’t cost the game.

Strategy 1 from opposition coaches - isolate Plowman as much as you can on the last line = goals.

A good 50 percent of their score went through him.

Can’t knock anyone else on the field today (yes even though Weitering’s kick and some other over use / delivery forward at times) Total turnaround in general from last week.

Really liked Silvagni’s game today. He’s working so hard to become a good, useful player.

Sorry tekno, I cant agree with much of this. I thought Plowman was very damn good considering the role he was asked to play, one out in the GS with either DeGoey or Stephenson. Of course the opposition coach will target his position if they know they can scragg and hold him without the ball and go unpunished. The ball comes wizzing in from some other dubious umpiring further up filed and he either has to be as swift as Stevenson, or as strong as De Goey. All things considered, he gets a big tick from me.

Agree about Silvagni, thought he was close to our best at half time

It's been said before, but it bears repeating: Carlton 2019 = Brisbane 2018. In fact we're currently ahead of where they were at this point last year.

Brisbane 2018 after 8 rounds: 0-8, including 2 losses by less than a goal and 1 thrashing (93 points). Ladder: 18th, 586 for, 795 against, 73.7%.

Us right now: 1-7, including 2 losses by less than a goal, 1 thrashing (58 points), and 1 big win (44 points). Ladder: 18th, 605 for, 713 against, 84.9%.

But sure, let's find someone to sakc.

Thought Elena must be umpiring! Before the presser I hope our media team cut up a video of all those shocking calls.. the Plowman non free was astonishing. Cop a fine so what...

This is the point in the season where we’ll just go all that effort for no reward and just pull one surprise win round 19 and end up 2/20 again.

Sadly Bolts just can’t get them to close a game... downfall.
When our players mature and put on some size we'll be just fine..

I can't agree. If the team effectively competes for 3+ qtrs but then capitulates under pressure in the final minutes (as we have done in several games) it seems to me the problem is not age, physical or skills based, but a mental (between the ears) one. The teams that win premierships at lower levels of AFL are the ones that can lift under pressure at critical times.
if you can't see the improvement in our play this season I'm not sure what I can tell ya.....

Was pretty good today (some of his kicking excluded)

Problem is we have too many who play 2 or 3 qtrs. Dow, setterfield, Fisher, cuningham etc.

Dow needs to take his first option. Too often he tries to do too much.

Back