Preview Changes: R9 2019 v Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Just jumped on their board to look at their pre match thread and most of their supporters are confident they will beat us this weekend. The worry is that the last 2 games with such a high defensive press might leave us a bit flat. I think our best v their best and we win every time but footy is not like that so I hope the guys are on the ball as to be 6-3 after this really starts to set a good platform for a run at finals

The way I see it Gibbs, McHenry and Douglas all fighting for the two HFF spots currently held by Knight and Galluci.

Milera and Seedsman fighting for the two wing spots held by Atkins and MacKay.

I don't want to see Jones hidden in a forward pocket next time he comes back. Put him in the middle in his natural position. He's our highest draft pick on our list, back him in and show some faith.

Our midfield shouldn't be seen as untouchable or a finished article. Port's mids spanked ours.

There is work to be done in the midfield. Most of our mids don't have a much higher ceiling so the slack will have to be made up with changes in personnel and method.

Just jumped on their board to look at their pre match thread and most of their supporters are confident they will beat us this weekend. The worry is that the last 2 games with such a high defensive press might leave us a bit flat. I think our best v their best and we win every time but footy is not like that so I hope the guys are on the ball as to be 6-3 after this really starts to set a good platform for a run at finals

Its interesting, we have won the past 7 games head to head v Lions, which includes winning our last 3 games at the GABBA.

We last lost to them by 10pts under Sando in 2012 at the GABBA.

Could Seeds come straight back in?
Could come straight back in for Gooch.

Tex mentioned this morning on the radio that we have Duncan Kellaway at the club this year in the fitness department and one of his main roles is to ensure injured players are kept at a high fitness levels to ensure they are ready to go once over their injury. So it would just come down to weather he needs a week in the 2s to get some confidence and match fitness up.

The way I see it Gibbs, McHenry and Douglas all fighting for the two HFF spots currently held by Knight and Galluci.

Milera and Seedsman fighting for the two wing spots held by Atkins and MacKay.

Probably would prefer Gibbs and McHenry if we are talking HFF options. The wing spots being filled by Seed and Junior make us look pretty scary to be honest

Who is your 7th defender in your ultimate team?

Either Milera or McHenry can float back there, depending on need. Send Milera back for silky ball use. Send McHenry back for extreme pressure.

I can understand why some would feel Kelly should stay as he’s more of a lockdown type. I actually thought he was really good against Port too. However, those games are few and far between from Jake. I don’t see him as best 22.

Prior to Brown coming in for Gibbs, we found a way to have 7 defenders without Brown. Finding a way to have 7 defenders with Brown in place of Kelly shouldn’t be difficult.

Exactly.. not worth my time don’t bother me unless your willing to actual read a full message and understand the full point of it. Instead of being petty over one word which realistically gooch is senior not A SENIOR senior compared to jones and McHenry in regard to experience and games played.. not that difficult to understand really you’re just choosing to be difficult, petty and argumentative.

Ps gooch has been trash your staunch defence over him compared to McHenry and Jones having a game says to me you have a vested interest or your just bad at football. Either way not wasting any more time on you m7

:D:D
.....ummm

I haven't uttered a word about Mchenry nor Jones, big fella.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could come straight back in for Gooch.

Tex mentioned this morning on the radio that we have Duncan Kellaway at the club this year in the fitness department and one of his main roles is to ensure injured players are kept at a high fitness levels to ensure they are ready to go once over their injury. So it would just come down to weather he needs a week in the 2s to get some confidence and match fitness up.
Hasn’t Duncan Kellaway been at the club for years in that role.

Either Milera or McHenry can float back there, depending on need. Send Milera back for silky ball use. Send McHenry back for extreme pressure.

I can understand why some would feel Kelly should stay as he’s more of a lockdown type. I actually thought he was really good against Port too. However, those games are few and far between from Jake. I don’t see him as best 22.

Prior to Brown coming in for Gibbs, we found a way to have 7 defenders without Brown. Finding a way to have 7 defenders with Brown in place of Kelly shouldn’t be difficult.
I agree with you on Kelly coming out with Brown back, as we need another good ball user. If the opposition has a smaller forward line, then I would swap Kelly for Hartigan.

We usually play 7 dedicated defenders, but would prefer if we play more midfielders who rotate both through defence & forward to help with rotations & options depending on how matchups are going. The best Hawks & Cats sides did this.

My best side without the injured Doedee at the moment... but likely to change with form:

B: Brown, Talia, Hartigan
HB: Smith, Keath, Laird
C: Seedsman, Mrouch, Milera
HF: Lynch, Walker, Knight
F: Betts, Himmelberg, Greenwood
R: O'Brien, Sloane, Brouch
I: Gibbs, CEY, Atkins, Murphy

Probably need more speed once the weather fines up after winter.

Probably would prefer Gibbs and McHenry if we are talking HFF options. The wing spots being filled by Seed and Junior make us look pretty scary to be honest
Yep those would be my preferences

I agree with you on Kelly coming out with Brown back, as we need another good ball user. If the opposition has a smaller forward line, then I would swap Kelly for Hartigan.

We usually play 7 dedicated defenders, but would prefer if we play more midfielders who rotate both through defence & forward to help with rotations & options depending on how matchups are going. The best Hawks & Cats sides did this.

My best side without the injured Doedee at the moment... but likely to change with form:

Once we sort our attacking route’s we’ll be scary.
Seed & Milera helps this.
We’ve got some good depth. In addition to that team named there’s 4 x 1st rounders running around in the 2s.

Once we sort our attacking route’s we’ll be scary.
Seed & Milera helps this.
We’ve got some good depth. In addition to that team named there’s 4 x 1st rounders running around in the 2s.

And hopefully throw in a Top 2 pick in November and we are nicely rebuilding without doing a Carlton.

Why havent you got Jones Mchenry Fog Stengle in that team of yours

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

But tbh alrhough im not a huge fan Mackay on form definetly deserves to be in that 22.

When picking a team you need to put aside bias and 90% of people would agree he is having a great year even at the expense of atkins or gibbs or murphy

But tbh alrhough im not a huge fan Mackay on form definetly deserves to be in that 22.

When picking a team you need to put aside bias and 90% of people would agree he is having a great year even at the expense of atkins or gibbs or murphy

Who do you think had the better game and year, Mackay or Atkins?

No point bringing up Murphy, plays completely different role.

Gibbs I’ll give you but he’s had a stinker through form and games missed.

Name your team Marty.

Put up or shut up!

Name your team Marty.

Put up or shut up!

Believe it or not if you wanted the best team on the park I agree with you besides Mackay, and only because Mackays form has been outstanding this year, he is clearly the hardest working player in the team can run both ways and although some call him soft he is one friggen gutsy unit, he definetly puts himself in harms way without any consideration for his safety

As for the nuff nuffs who want to play Jones Mchenry Fog Stengle infront of those you have chosen I would play that youth if we needed to develop if the coaching staff think we are genuine contenders, your team apart from Mackay selection is correct. But the Mackay selection is based purely on this moment in time and his form

Last edited:
Who do you think had the better game and year, Mackay or Atkins?

No point bringing up Murphy, plays completely different role.

Gibbs I’ll give you but he’s had a stinker through form and games missed.

Stop being so biased, its like the Fonz saying sorry when you have to say Mackay is playing well

Mackay is ranked in the top 10 wingers in the league ATM based on his form, give him credit when credit is due

Take the blinkers off

Remove this Banner Ad

Back