VFL Game Day VFL Round 7: Sandringham vs Essendon, Trevor Barker Beach Oval, Sunday 19/05/19, 2:10 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw the first half, then had to leave, so in no way a full report. In terms of what I noticed

Clarke is an actual giant. Enormous. Took a couple of nice marks on the lead but as soon as there’s any type of body contact involved he’s shoved aside with ease. Probably should’ve played basketball or volleyball.

Mosquito was a bit quiet but cracks in.

Myers finds much more footy at this level, but still throws it onto his boot with little thought as to where it’s going. He has no surprises, we know what we’re getting with him.

Ridley for mine is a class above and should be playing seniors. Just when he gets the footy, looks a level above others.

It might be just his way, but not sure I’ve ever seen a more disinterested footballer than Long. He’s a bit like that kid in juniors who stands in position away from the play and stares into space.

Laverde seemed a bit quiet, probably needs a bit more time.

Some of our VFL players don’t seem the fittest (fat). Maybe just next to AFL athletes.

The skipper left at half time, same as me. Drives a Merc GLC.

Okay, full report on the players:

#14 Jordan Ridley: Yeah, initially said he was best on but on reflection he was probably 4th or 5th. Played mostly on ball and looked good.

#15 Jayden Laverde: Was only just going. Definitely needs another week in the two's.

#20 Zachary Clarke: A few good marks, goal kicking is terrible. Got beaten by Longer in the taps but Longer is probably the best in the VFL so eh.

#22 Irving Mosquito: Just lacks a little bit of polish, good player otherwise.

#23 David Myers: Very good, but not fantastic, Had some timely goals.

#24 Jodan Houlahan: Drifted in and out. Needs to assert himself.

#30 Brandon Zerk-Thatcher: Best game of the year but still dropped a few he should have taken.

#33 Brayden Ham: Was quiet playing off HB, Didn't notice his man either so eh.

#35 Jake Long: Dunno where the disinterested thing came for Long. Always runs hard and tackles hard but doesn't find the pill. Kicking was off.

#36 Michael Hartley: Would be in my revised top 3, although King kicked 4, one was a Long turnover and another was whilst he was off the grond. Was very good.

#37 Dylan Clarke: Finds the pill and hands it out. Matt Priddis of the VFL. Was very good

#49 Matt Dea: Typical solid Dea game.

Overall a good win, let's see how we go vs Richmond.

Okay, full report on the players:

#14 Jordan Ridley: Yeah, initially said he was best on but on reflection he was probably 4th or 5th. Played mostly on ball and looked good.

#15 Jayden Laverde: Was only just going. Definitely needs another week in the two's.

#20 Zachary Clarke: A few good marks, goal kicking is terrible. Got beaten by Longer in the taps but Longer is probably the best in the VFL so eh.

#22 Irving Mosquito: Just lacks a little bit of polish, good player otherwise.

#23 David Myers: Very good, but not fantastic, Had some timely goals.

#24 Jodan Houlahan: Drifted in and out. Needs to assert himself.

#30 Brandon Zerk-Thatcher: Best game of the year but still dropped a few he should have taken.

#33 Brayden Ham: Was quiet playing off HB, Didn't notice his man either so eh.

#35 Jake Long: Dunno where the disinterested thing came for Long. Always runs hard and tackles hard but doesn't find the pill. Kicking was off.

#36 Michael Hartley: Would be in my revised top 3, although King kicked 4, one was a Long turnover and another was whilst he was off the grond. Was very good.

#37 Dylan Clarke: Finds the pill and hands it out. Matt Priddis of the VFL. Was very good

#49 Matt Dea: Typical solid Dea game.

Overall a good win, let's see how we go vs Richmond.
Good reviews, thanks.

I would like to think Ridley and potentially D. Clarke come under consideration. I think Hartley deserves a go but not sure who you would leave out unless Hooker went forward.

lEb0DNS.png

SdKo5oY.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back