No Oppo Supporters Double-Death-Riding Carlton 2019 Edition - Currently Pick 1 and 19

What month will Bolton be sacked?

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • June

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • August

• September

• He won't get the sack this year

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cripes, 476 disposals to 288? I'm not sure how it's even possible to end up with that bad a discrepancy in disposals!

Is it a record?

This game will be broken up by AFL media into a million pieces.

There will be Fun Facts all over the place during the day and night, stay tuned.

As much as I love this thread, when we have secured Pick 1 or hopefully a Pick in the Top 5 which was our original goal the thread gets put to rest.

I do feel sadness and pity for Carlton. They had experience no chance of being close to a flag for over 2 decades.

I would prefer if they didn’t go into the Saints game with so much heat, it might galvanise them for 3 minutes

We want an honourable loss to ease some of the pressure on Bolton. If they're uncompetitive too often, they might sack him, which could be disastrous for us. I'm happy for them to put up competitive efforts in narrow losses every week for the remainder of the season.

Everyone carries on about Cripps, and yes he’s bloody good, but I love that young Fisher lad of theirs..

In such an unbelievably shite team, that must obviously put so much extra pressure on the young lad, Fisher just always looks cool and calm, has silky skills and very rarely does anything wrong.. think I’ve said it before that he’s a bit of a young Wingard type, before wingard became a lazy flog.

I imagine he’d be really good playing in a top 4 side... without fisher and Cripps it would be far greater carnage every week.

Would like to have him at the crows... we’ll give em pick 19 + JJ for him!...
He went after Galluci in the draft , monumental stuff up by our recruiting team that year . I’m saying it now in 3 years time Gallucci will not be on any afl list .

Still worried about North Melbourne and Gold Coast. They have their own pick so late season early surgeries and trying out some kids could be on the cards.

Reckon we are safe with all the others.

From the general draft chat on here it seems Pick 1 & Pick 2 are streets ahead of the next best (whoever that would be)

View attachment 677120
It’s easy to forget the suns have been competitive in quite a few games. Such a pity they blew it against Melbourne.

Hard to see their next win though. We’d want them to win a couple out of:

North home R12
Stk home R13
Syd away R15
Carl away R18
Ess home R19

That’s their best chances I think, the other games look beyond them. Geelong and GWS up next for them. Yuck.

Obviously the Carlton game is huge. Maybe we should tank our game up there.

If the ladder positions stay roughly the same, how good would Stocker have to be to make the trade a win for Carlton? An absolute champion, multiple all Australian? Even brownlow medalist?

He went after Galluci in the draft , monumental stuff up by our recruiting team that year . I’m saying it now in 3 years time Gallucci will not be on any afl list .

Er, no. Wrong draft year. Cripps did go at 13 but our first pick in that draft was Matt Crouch 10 picks after Cripps.

If the ladder positions stay roughly the same, how good would Stocker have to be to make the trade a win for Carlton? An absolute champion, multiple all Australian? Even brownlow medalist?

False premise

Nothing stocker can do, it’s not about stocker

Fact is he only went pick 19. He can be better than Michael Voss and Chris Judd combined, but he still only cost pick 19

Stocker's value only matters to carltons half of the trade. Our point of view of the trade was pick 19, or whoever we would of picked if the trade hadn't occurred which we won't really know. If we want to act like Carlton fans we can wait to see which available player at that pick is the biggest bust and say that's who we gave up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

False premise

Nothing stocker can do, it’s not about stocker

Fact is he only went pick 19. He can be better than Michael Voss and Chris Judd combined, but he still only cost pick 19
Oh don't get me wrong I agree. Was just thinking about what kind of player Stocker would need to be to make the end result for Carlton not a complete disaster.

Stocker's value only matters to carltons half of the trade. Our point of view of the trade was pick 19, or whoever we would of picked if the trade hadn't occurred which we won't really know. If we want to act like Carlton fans we can wait to see which available player at that pick is the biggest bust and say that's who we gave up.
Well considering we were not only happy to trade the pick carlton used for stocker but we also traded down our 2nd rounder with GWS and we ended up taking hamill it seems fairly obvious there was no one we really rated between our mchenry pick and hamill as we had not just 1 but 2 chances to get them. Tells me we really didn't rate stocker that high

Oh don't get me wrong I agree. Was just thinking about what kind of player Stocker would need to be to make the end result for Carlton not a complete disaster.
Or the other way to look at it..potentialky rowell or anderson (if we assume they will go picks 1 and 2 in no specific order) would have to be bog average or busts for us to lose the trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back