No Oppo Supporters Double-Death-Riding Carlton 2019 Edition - Currently Pick 1 and 19

What month will Bolton be sacked?

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • June

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • August

• September

• He won't get the sack this year

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve had a quick peak on their board and noted a couple of things.

1. They’re downplaying the potential Pick 1 lost. Apparently they’ve had so many top picks, that another 1 wouldn’t have made a difference.
2. Stocker is now trade bait if he doesn’t work out.

Lolololol

Another Pick 1 wouldn't have made a difference for for Carlton, so point No. 1 is correct.

Point No. 2 would be great news for Stocker. Apparently there have been four players selected at Pick 19 who have played in winning Grand Final teams - but three of them enjoyed success only after they were traded from their original club.

I’ve notice since the event of last year’s pick swap, there has been a direct correlation with less fan whipping of our own players. A very useful rant diversion.

Thank you SOS and CFC.

Carlton board expecting to get a priority pick so losing pick 1 doesn't matter. A case study on the perils of welfare dependency.

Might be time for me to start a new thread.

Fun Tips to Fix Carlton with Grotto. :drunk:

We wanted him in his draft year but missed out due to Curnow tanking due to his drink driving. Our hope was Carlton would take Curnow first, allowing us to take McKay when we took Milera and to hope Milera made it to the pick we used on Doedee. After the drink driving, Carlton knew interest in Curnow had dropped so took McKay first knowing we were keen. It worked out well for us with the 2 guys we got, but I think Harry McKay is something special and will be more important to Carlton than Cripps.
Whats happened to Ben? Mckay from north? Is he a bust?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not that they're wrong, it's just that the logical follow through of this is that they're done as a football club.

Prime move to Tasmania candidates.
Dont put ideas into the AFL’s heads... next minute it will be Carlton to Tassie with a free hit to grab all tassie the talent they want no questions asked with a larger salary cap to help them easily lure those players.

Bye bye Chayce Jones..

Watching the Bolton presser after the match I got the impression he's not hard enough on enforcing standards in the team. Fatal mistake. Once the players sense a lack of authority (and he has no results to show his methods are working) then you are well on the way to 'losing the players'. It's too late to start trying to instil fear and respect, if you change persona they'll respect you even less.

It's hard to be a leader and a 'friend', or in his case a lover ("I'm falling in love with these boys").

Mitch McGovern's previous biggest losing margin at AFL level was 48 points.
Glad he went to a professional club, imagine if he didn't.
Mitch: I want to change clubs to get more game time/play in a premiership/get more media gig after retirement.
Anonymous: yeah but why Carlton?
Mitch: ok you me! It’s for the cash and extra KFC Zinger burgers!

Why would we do that we've just drafted two youngsters in Jones and McHenry who project to be quite possibly superior players to Fisher, we need a young mid now with some size about them IMO and Fisher is not that.
You mean like Anderson?

Carlton board expecting to get a priority pick so losing pick 1 doesn't matter. A case study on the perils of welfare dependency.
But it would be funny if the AFL said it comes after your 1st pick...no SOS, not the pick you traded put, the one you traded in

Damn, I'd love for them to approach the AFL for a priority pick. Can you imagine the melting from the other 16 clubs .. woohoooo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back