Preview Changes: R10 2019 v West Coast - NOW WITH POLL!

Will the match committee opt for Jenkins or Himmelberg this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised re Gibbs, can only surmise he isn’t following instructions.

I like that they’ve given DMac an extra week to lay a tackle.

Side has been playing well before last week.

Back the boys in!

Love that Jones & ‘Berg are being backed in and a massive lol to Jenkins, coaches obviously saw what a lot of us saw last week in the SANFL, Port played McKenzie and then some skinny 187cm bloke on him last week and didn’t care that he got the ball.

Your prediction 5 weeks ago that Jenkins would be straight back in is starting to look a bit silly :rolleyes:.

So we have backed The KIDS;
The BERG, Smurph, Gallucci, ROB and The Chayce.

It’s a disappointing night for the Tools and Trolls :).

Yep, got that wrong, but it's not a disappointing night at all. The reason many of us thought Jenkins would be straight back in is we always seemed to rate his shithouse performances. Seems we've turned a corner and the club has aligned to our view that he sucks.

Now we have to wait for the club to make the same realizations re: Atkins and Mackay

This proves it for me. There is something extra going on with Gibbs. Whatever it is, mental, physical, outside influences, the AFC has to work to help get rid of it because his undeniable talent is being wasted while he’s like this. Should be a star for us.
Very, very strong word around Gibbs turned up way out of condition for pre-season training and finished with the tail enders in the 2km run...don't think that would have gone down too well with Pykey as opposed to many of the players returning P.B.'s for the run.

Gibbs has looked totally unenthusiastic all year, last week was better, but he is a shade on last year's performance.

Reckon he sees out his contract in the SANFL. Such a waste.

I'm shocked Milera returned without a SANFL game. I like that we've opted to retain Himmelberg and Gallucci though. Hopefully Gooch gets more midfield minutes, he ain't a half forward at AFL level.

Last edited:
My theory that I've mentioned before:

Even though Atkins barely touched it in the first half, him racking up the kms in the GPS tracker means we can't drop him because that's a KPI for us. Same with Mackay.

Wonder what Gibbs' GPS numbers were like. Must be shocking considering he had 16 touches and 2 goals in the first half which was a far large contribution than Atkins last 15 minutes.

I think Atkins should be out too, but they're different players.

Your prediction 5 weeks ago that Jenkins would be straight back in is starting to look a bit silly :rolleyes:.

Huge pivot after the North game. It was business as usual up until then. Delighted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the F***. I like Jones and Gooch and EH, they all have a future, but seriously the AFC selection process is ridiculous.

Gibbs has turned into the new whipping boy. He was easily more effective than Gooch and Jones combined last week and EH looked like a witches hat. Murphy did his standard pressure game, have we not learnt he is the new Petrenko

No JJ, no Seeds, no Stengle

Back in the kids is good, I like it, but there is some decisions to leave players not performing and cut players like Gibbs that was pretty good. All I can put it down to is that Gibbs was give the role on Neale and failed

Looks like they have finally worked out wins and losses don't count

Develop and see if we have what it takes if not make some serious cuts and rebuild

Gibbs obviously not doing what coaches are asking of him

Glad JJ isnt back in after one good performance

Glad Easy hasnt been dropped after one down performances

Gooch, DMac and Rat all luckh and playing for their spots

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gibbs made some defensive howlers at stoppages in the first half on Neale last week. CEY also made some.

Gibbs was then removed from the midfield rotation in the 2nd half in favour of Jones. Neale’s disposals subsequently reduced by 100%.

Just sayin.
Yep in the first quarter was standing right next to Neale at a centre bounce, by the time the ump bounced the ball theres was 3 metres separation between the 2 and suprise suprise, Neale got a clean clearance

Seedsman and Douglas not ready - tick.

Not risking Matt Crouch - tick.

Himmelberg over Jenkins - tick.

Gibbs goes out for Milera - which one would you prefer delivering from half back?

Atkins right on the edge. Named on the bench with Seedsman and Gibbs breathing down his neck.

Excellent selections.

About right
I am so excited right now
I mean seriously over half back and through the middle Milera is the man and digi round too love it

Are these selections a concession that the coaching staff don’t think we can win the premiership?

This is the closest thing we’ve seen to “backing in the kids” on a selection night in about two decades.

Definitely seems like there has been the idea to focus on the future with these selections. Can cut a bit deeper but that can wait for a month or two.

Are these selections a concession that the coaching staff don’t think we can win the premiership?

This is the closest thing we’ve seen to “backing in the kids” on a selection night in about two decades.

Or maybe they think we can win the premiership, but just not with the same players as last time.

Looks like we are cycling through some guys which is great news.

how did you know?

He was the 22nd player selected last week, and his defensive stuff in the midfield was so poor in the first half that the coaches removed him from the rotation in the 2nd half of the game in favour of a teenager.

He repeatedly ignores coaches instructions, and it was obvious he would be dropped if a first choice midfielder was returning.

The situation now is pretty dire for him. No SANFL game this week. All of M Crouch, Seedsman and Jenkins will be thinking they’re a big chance for a gig against the Dees. Douglas, Knight and McHenry all in the frame too.

Bryce might find himself in the twos for a month, minimum.

Back