News The Presser at Midday

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad did the job he was brought in to do admirably ( getting the club on a stable footing financially and from a media point of view and being competitive). Let's hope our next coach is able to perform half as well to the present focus (winning premierships).
Well said Caracas, I think some in here have failing memories of where we were at 10 years ago.

The reason that opinion is shared by the majority of AFL viewers is because they don't take more than a passing glance at our list.

Higgins
Brown
Cunnington
Tarrant

There's your 3-4 A graders mate.

We currently have a perceived hole in our 21-25 age bracket partly due to injury, but mainly due to Brad's refusal to play these players.

These are the only guys in that age bracket to consistently play under brad:

Williams (108 games)
Wood (47 games)
Turner (68 games)
Garner (37 games)
Anderson (53 games)
McDonald (103 games)
Dumont (70 games)
Simpkin (44 games)

The others are:

EVW (15 games)
Durdin (10 games)
Ahern (13 games)
McKay (4 games)
Murphy (4 games)
Zurhaar (16 games)
Wilkinson (0 games)

Our under 21s are:

Larkey (7 games)
Walker (4 games)
LDU (14 games)
Thomas (8 games)
Taylor (1 game)
Scott (4 games)
Watson (0 games)
Xerri (0 games)
Hayden (0 games)
Crocker (0 games)
McKenzie (0 games)
Og Murphy (0 games)

We only have 2 players 25 & under at or close to 100 games! Only 5 of them are above 50 games as well.

I take more then a passing glance at our list, and can tell you - we need more then the 4 A graders you’ve named if we are gonna win a flag. With Higgins and Tarrant both in their 30s, their time is right now (not when Larkey, TT, LDU etc mature). Cunnington and Brown a good mix of age and talent, but they aren’t enough.

Noted we have a lot of sub 21 players, but you can not categorically be sure that any of them will be A graders. You can hope that a couple will, but there is no certainty around them at this point. Which is why we need more young talent.

Brad has handled himself incredibly well. Thank you for your service Brad.

It sounded like a job interview, it was all about how he had done it tough and dragged the club kicking and screaming out of mediocrity and into the light at the end of the tunnel.
It was all about him, sure he thanked people but if he didn't he would have looked like a total dickhead.
It was pure media spin for his next gig, hey Carltank, Saint Fiddler look at how I got north to rise up I can do better with the lists you guys have as you have way more talent than this s**t club.
Just wait and watch he will be coaching one or the other by years end.

Add to that you don't try to "clip" media personnel with your elbow or shoulder if you aren't pissed that they highlighted your inadequacy.
I have never seen anyone do that in the AFL before...
Then to try and put the boots in about a no show for a presentation for good measure.
This bloke is an impetuous manchild.

It sounded like a job interview, it was all about how he had done it tough and dragged the club kicking and screaming out of mediocrity and into the light at the end of the tunnel.
It was all about him, sure he thanked people but if he didn't he would have looked like a total dickhead.
It was pure media spin for his next gig, hey Carltank, Saint Fiddler look at how I got north to rise up I can do better with the lists you guys have as you have way more talent than this **** club.
Thats exactly how i read it too.

I must admit I have had a bit of a gut full of all this already. It really does show what friends in high AFL places Brad Scott has.

We have been pilloried in the press for parting ways with Brad. In near TEN years we have had 4 finals appearances with no home and way top 4 positions, and a 106-105 win loss record. As a whole, I think North and its fans have been remarkably patient. Yet the media portrayal is that North have just killed and gutted bambi.

This is not a shot at Brad, it has not worked, so move on. But the media diatribe towards OUR club is utterly ridiculous.

Last edited:
It was pure media spin for his next gig, hey Carltank, Saint Fiddler look at how I got north to rise up I can do better with the lists you guys have as you have way more talent than this **** club.

Absolutely felt the same as well

Even though he’s done some good things at North he has used this conference for his next gig. It was all fluff with hardly any facts.

The stats don’t lie he hasn’t done much in regards to success on the footy field in 10 years

I get a gut feeling that we may trade some club favorites at the end of the year to have multiple first round picks
This crossed my mind too. The idea that Brad might have to trade away a few of his sons whom he'd reared since their teen years (Cunners/ Ziebell / McDonald / Tarrant / Dumont/ Thompson ) whom he'd mentored for years.. perhaps finding an amicable way out rather than being the one who signed their marching orders was a factor in saying someone else needed to come in.

Add to that you don't try to "clip" media personnel with your elbow or shoulder if you aren't pissed that they highlighted your inadequacy.
I have never seen anyone do that in the AFL before...
Then to try and put the boots in about a no show for a presentation for good measure.
This bloke is an impetuous manchild.

That was the weirdest behaviour from a coach. His response made no sense either and neither did his post conference

He could be flexing his muscle and showing how much power he has in the AFL. He can do what he want

This crossed my mind too. The idea that Brad might have to trade away a few of his sons whom he'd reared since their teen years (Cunners/ Ziebell / McDonald / Tarrant / Dumont/ Thompson ) whom he'd mentored for years.. perhaps finding an amicable way out rather than being the one who signed their marching orders was a factor in saying someone else needed to come in.

that was how I was reading it, time will tell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it was heartfelt.

I think it was heartfelt.

Well we will have to agree to disagree, but I just say this the proof will be in the pudding and his actions spoke volumes in how he acted.
Even the bs about being dragged along to sing the song, we had a 10 minute wait while they got his family together.
We couldn't even give Boomer (club and league games record holder) and co a proper send off because of how Brad and the board handled it.
Yet this muppet goes looking for his family to ensure they are there to see him sing the song to prove he is a club man and been dudded.

The fun part is working out which answers go with which unspoken questions.

For example, which of Brad's comment would best apply to, 'What are your weaknesses?'

Or, 'Tell us about a time where you have had to overcome adversity in your role'

Or, 'Why do you think you will be a good fit for this organisation?'

Hey Brendon and Alan, you just saw somebody interview for your position live on the air. How does it feel?

Anyway, Ben Buckley, you're a legend. I'm calling the club tomorrow to buy another membership.

Didn't think you guys had the balls to reign Brads in. Well boy was I wrong. And thank god for that.

I fundamentally disagree with this opinion. The opinion I have, which is shared by the majority of AFL viewers is that we do NOT have the talent to push for a flag.

With the quality of sides running around in the league currently - North will not win a flag without 3-4 A graders. I can put my house on that.
What was your opinion on Richmond at the end of 2016?

Well we will have to agree to disagree, but I just say this the proof will be in the pudding and his actions spoke volumes in how he acted.
Even the bs about being dragged along to sing the song, we had a 10 minute wait while they got his family together.
We couldn't even give Boomer (club and league games record holder) and co a proper send off because of how Brad and the board handled it.
Yet this muppet goes looking for his family to ensure they are there to see him sing the song to prove he is a club man and been dudded.

Yes some will disagree, and there are a few in here rejoicing far too loudly.

I am one that agrees with Cool Kangas

BTW Boomer asked the question and got an honest answer, Brad's integrity can not be questioned.

Yes some will disagree, and think there are a few in here rejoicing far too loudly.

I am one that agrees with Cool Kangas

BTW Boomer asked the question and got an honest answer, Brad's integrity can not be questioned.

So did Brad and tried to bulldoze a media commentator out of spite.
Doesn't sound like the actions of a man at ease with the answer he got...
But hey he got to sing the song one last time..

My main concern is that Shaw shapes the team, we get a few wins and we end up mid table again.
We need to bottom out now and take advantage of this situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back