News The Presser at Midday

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think I was projecting back in time to a past North board?
You said 'North board', and then proceeded to make a statement which, when understood in the context you are now offering, is so obviously true that it needn't be stated in the first place.

As I said, play on :thumbsu:

The ending was interesting.

Thanking Joyce before he is also hopefully exited.

Then finishing off with some brown-nosing towards the media. Just letting them know that if he doesn't land a coaching gig, he's OK to end up in front of a camera or mic somewhere.

You said 'North board', and then proceeded to make a statement which, when understood in the context you are now offering, is so obviously true that it needn't be stated in the first place.

As I said, play on :thumbsu:

Good. Don't waste my time with your lack of comprehension again.

He got too close to his players.

Let this be a lesson Rhyce. If the opportunity presents itself, fly in to them at the first opportunity.

Didn't learn the lesson from Moneyball where Brad Pitt's character made the point that he needed distance from the playing group to manage them objectively.

that was how I was reading it, time will tell.
Just tank the s**t out of it! Thats what needs to be done! We won on Saturday arvo and I said to the mrs.. “WE CANT EVEN TANK PROPERLY” ... FFS, top 5 in this years draft are unreal PLUS we now miss out on a possible future prospect in the rookie draft monday because we’ve now jumped 3 spots on the ladder! Just stupid!

I get a gut feeling that we may trade some club favorites at the end of the year to have multiple first round picks
Better when we got currency then when their approaching retirement.
Wells was a good example. He was cooked (injury wise) but we ended with an early 30s pick.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Wells was a good example. He was cooked (injury wise) but we ended with an early 30s pick.

Yeh, hopefully not coub favourites but brads favourites.. i wonder if we could use MacMillan, McDonald and Wright in a package deal that would land us a first rounder

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh, hopefully not coub favourites but brads favourites.. i wonder if we could use MacMillan, McDonald and Wright in a package deal that would land us a first rounder
Pick 50, 75 and 78
You'd need to present Cunners to get a first rounder

Higgins is the one. Possibly has another couple of years of elite footy. Won't be part of North's next genuine top 4 team but could be the polish an existing contender is looking for. Could be worth a late first round plus a second round pick.

Excellent summary.

Hardly selfless - his manager gets to tout him to the highest bidder well before the 2020 season starts - also he gets to frame his “selflessness” in the media and relatively speaking took very little heat

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There is a fair chance that no other club would even use a fourth-round pick on those guys if they were available. Any list manager that could do that deal should rightfully become a trade week legend.

Hardly selfless - his manager gets to tout him to the highest bidder well before the 2020 season starts - also he gets to frame his “selflessness” in the media and relatively speaking took very little heat

All part of the deal to minimise pain to both parties. Scott agrees not to go hard for the full $1.2 million he could get on his contract and North agrees to happy families, mutual agreement, selfless Brad script.

Higgins is the one. Possibly has another couple of years of elite footy. Won't be part of North's next genuine top 4 team but could be the polish an existing contender is looking for. Could be worth a late first round plus a second round pick.
Higgins as good as he is would be an early second .

All part of the deal to minimise pain to both parties. Scott agrees not to go hard for the full $1.2 million he could get on his contract and North agrees to happy families, mutual agreement, selfless Brad script.

Don’t disagree but the beatification of Brad in the press is a bit spew inducing

Higgins as good as he is would be an early second .

What did the Pies give for Dane Beams? The clubs that would want him would need to trade into an early second rounder unless they had one coming from a previous year's trade. Two years of second rounders with one very high in the second round perhaps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back