Autopsy Roast & Toast vs North Melbourne Rd 11, 2019, & Changes for Geelong rd 12

Best players vs North Melbourne

• Ryan Garthwaite

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • David Astbury

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Dylan Grimes

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Nathan Broad

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Shane Edwards

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Bachar Houli

Votes: 139 80.3%
  • Brandon Ellis

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Dion Prestia

Votes: 56 32.4%
  • Kamdyn McIntosh

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Jack Higgins

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Jason Castagna

Votes: 20 11.6%
  • Dan Butler

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Dustin Martin

Votes: 135 78.0%
  • Tom Lynch

• Noah Balta

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Ivan Soldo

• Trent Cotchin

Votes: 52 30.1%
  • Nick Vlastuin

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Sydney Stack

Votes: 117 67.6%
  • Liam Baker

Votes: 63 36.4%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • Josh Caddy

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a very good comeback from the skip. I’ll give him a few games back BUT he just looks so bloody slow and some of his decision making in questionable. Maybe play him forward

Too many passengers that didn't stand up in Norf's final.

Out Butler, Bolton, Higgins, Garthwaite
In Naish, Rioli, Lambert, Graham
Who’s our third tall defender with Garthwaite out? I know the club wants to develop Balta has a defender but I really do think his best position is ruck/forward.

Remember what happened last time we kept a third tall defender out of the side?

Granted he had as much presence this week as he did that week.

Good - Baker, cotch, Houli, prestia, stack, Martin, ellis, butler, vlas

The rest can ga gf

Outs. Higgins in rioli

Lambert if fit but I’m hearing 6 weeks minimum
Coaches got out coached again

Astbury should be the General in defence but he is so soft for a big man, Rance made him look good sold the kids down the river
Astbury seems so lost without Rance. Even in games where the rest of the defence has played well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The woest thing tonight was the fact we resorted to the corralling style rather than the tackling game. Too often we achose not to tackle.

When we did, they broke them too easily.

And of course our kicking. Where is the low, flat kicking to advantage? Why go the high, loopy kicks that do not service the teammates at all, allowing a spoil or an intercept. Too many kicks to players in space should have been hit but the kicking just sat it on their heads. Dusty, Houli, Baker and Stack the only ones who kicked the football to advantage tonight.

oh and that umpiring? I don't give a **** about every other free on the night, but that HTB decision on Broad was absolutely disgraceful.

I think our performance fell off after that.

It's hard to say that was the moment that turned the match but it was definitely the point of no return.

Pathetic. A really poor game

4 of our top 5 margins this year are losses. I’m sorry but this team is struggling way too much to be in contention. Geelong and Collingwood have not been thrashed all year and GWS have been thrashed twice, but put some big margins on other sides as well. Unless our team shows some changes in our trajectory, then those are the contenders and we aren’t on their path.

Negatives:
- Caddy, Broad and Lynch are seriously on notice. I don’t care how many touches Caddy or Broad get, but the amount of poor efforts I have been seeing from them this season is just not acceptable. We can’t exactly drop any of these three because of our needs, but they need to get better.
- Garthwaite cannot be carried. We need to find another option quickly because we are losing to many contests with our current defensive set up.
- Ellis loses his cool under pressure way too much, so as good as he was lately, I just cannot see him handle the heat enough to be selected in finals should we make it.
- Soldo wasn’t that bad in the end, but maybe we should try CCJ again. His 0 disposals and mark in a half was just not on.
- Sorry but I think it’s time to drop Higgins. His game was just not good enough and he hasn’t had much of a highlight reel this year. Once he performs better then he can come back in. I think he needs to prove himself again.

Positives:
- Houli is in some type of form. Love his game right now and is in career best form.
- Stack continues to impress me even though he didn’t have the best game today.
- Vintage Dusty is back! Loved his game and so happy to see him play well again.

Gee - after Martin, Houli and Stack, it's pretty hard to find anyone. Baker tried and George was our most creative and dangerous forward. was almost going to give Garh a vote halfway through the 3rd, but let's say his performance fell away a bit after that.

I'm not going to name who should be dropped tonight, because I'm not thinking straight after that show. I put a lot on the coaches, because we were just destroyed in the clearances and packs all night.

The guy I'm really concerned about this year is Caddy. I was shocked by his stats, because I hardly noticed him tonight. He's absolutely lost without Jack. He's gone from being a dangerous 2nd option in 2017-2018 to just another small forward. It may be because we are too Lynch-focused with our entries.

We always get smashed by the minnows it just shows how mentally weak they are.
Not mentally weak, not interested.

Watch us come out and at least put up a contest against Geelong next week.

We can be sure next Friday that if (when?) we lose it won’t be because of lack of effort.

Hopefully Rioli has a good game tomorrow. If he does he’ll probably be straight back in against Geelong.

I think we really did miss his pressure tonight, he would have at least chased North’s back line.

Wouldn't have made a difference. Pressure is a collective thing, one pressing the player with the ball, others pressing the options he has ahead of him. Tonight the pressure on the ball carrier was a little off but the pressure up the field was none existent especially in the second half. Which this issue stem from not being physical enough in the midfield, Cunnington wins the ball on his own while drawing 2 or 3 of our players meanwhile their opponents spread from the stoppage and everyone is playing catch up.

Back