St Kilda parts ways with coach Alan Richardson: report

lol I bet whoever decided to get dan han to the saints still has a job
That guy be like...

giphy.gif

Bizarre how the turning point was their slaughter of Richmond in July 2017.

Under his tenure till that point they'd been steadily progressing upwards and looked headed for finals. Certainly after night most would've expected them to finish ahead of the Tigers that year.

And yet they barely have a yelp after that, won something like 12 out of 45 games and are miles off finals. Would be fascinating to learn what went wrong after that.

On a broader level, it just shows how the AFL has probably become too conservative in how long they hold onto coaches (it's usually been the opposite historically).

Pretty good cases that all of Bolton, Scott & Richardson could've departed last year (or in Scott's case, end of 2017) but didnt want to for wanting to protect image of stability.

Bizarre how the turning point was their slaughter of Richmond in July 2017.

Under his tenure till that point they'd been steadily progressing upwards and looked headed for finals. Certainly after night most would've expected them to finish ahead of the Tigers that year.

And yet they barely have a yelp after that, won something like 12 out of 45 games and are miles off finals. Would be fascinating to learn what went wrong after that.
Yep lol has been all down hill since there

They were beating them for awhile. Richardson shouldn't be the scapegoat for players who don't have the will, the desire, the eye of the tiger!!

"For a while"

Kicking 60 points due to your overly defensive system (game plan, selections, structures, communication) every week limits who you can beat.

You can hold the Suns to 60 points and infate your ladder poistion in doing so - but you're just never going to beat the good teams.

Has to be one of the least impressive people in footy. You can't be serious
Dual brownlow medallist and club great not impressive?
I'd trust buckleys judgement in making him senior assistant as far as I understand ahead of yours tbh.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

St. Kilda are a disgrace. No loyalty or patience whatsoever.
No loyalty of patience? He's our 2nd longest serving coach.

And he's been unable to correct the two glaring issues over his entire span - delivery to the forward line and goal kicking.

I was amazed that he has been coach for 6 years.
With their record he did a good job to last that long.
Seems like a good bloke and would probably get a job somewhere else in industry if he wanted

So a bloke that has taken a team from 5 wins in 2018 and has managed 6 wins with 6 rounds to go gets the boot- despite having a horrible run with injury to many key players.

YET, A guy who had 14 wins in 2018 H&A season and has managed 5 wins this year, with arguably less serious injuries has no pressure and the football manager says the season is an outlier??

Lethlean to bring in his mate Brad Scott?
He's only won two of the last eleven, one by 13 points and one by 4. Saints started incredibly well but have crashed and burned since then. Clearly need a fresh voice at the top.

He's only won two of the last eleven, one by 13 points and one by 4. Saints started incredibly well but have crashed and burned since then. Clearly need a fresh voice at the top.
Fair points- what is your position re: injuries and possibly white-anting by powers that be? Was he truly given the chance to do his job as he would ahve liked?

Ross did leave the club in a world of pain playing short term plan - hard for Richo to do much more given the circumstances i wouldve thought? Hardwick and Buckley spring to mind

Back