Our next coach

Who should be our next coach?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
to me teague appears the natural choice ..happy to wait until end of season to assess properly...which caretaker coach apaprt from shaw at north has turned a side into a competitive side with such a high win loss ratio...if teague keeps up these performances you just cant go past appointing himi reckon..

Last edited:
Over the past 2 days I have been told by three different people that it's Clarkson or Lyon or Scott. Going to be a long 7 weeks or more

Of course every club in the land would take Clarkson. But if Teague performs the next 6 weeks and we still go Lyon or Scott I can see it blowing up in our face.

to me teague appears the natural choice ..happy to wait until end of season to assess properly...which caretaker coach apaprt from shaw at north has turned a side into a competitive side with such a high win loss ratio...if teague keeps up these performances you just cant go past appointing himi reckon..
Much as I have sung the praises of Teague. Its too early yet. A lot to play out.
They have announced a process and panel and have to do it properly. Which basically means anyone can apply and some will get an interview.

Much as I have sung the praises of Teague. Its too early yet. A lot to play out.
They have announced a process and panel and have to do it properly. Which basically means anyone can apply and some will get an interview.

Been impressive but there is a big difference between being interim coach and having the senior job full time.

All coaches we are discussing have question marks. I just hope we get the right one for us. Clarkson is the safer bet but a part from him I’m not in any camp. I’ll just see how it plays out

Been impressive but there is a big difference between being interim coach and having the senior job full time.

All coaches we are discussing have question marks. I just hope we get the right one for us. Clarkson is the safer bet but a part from him I’m not in any camp. I’ll just see how it plays out
Safe seems to me to be what we have done far too much of in the last 20 years. The club became great on the back of risks.
The Bolton rebuild was a risk and now its time for the next big risk.
I say be bold Blues. Don't listen to the noise. Just look hard for the important facts and follow instinct.

Safe seems to me to be what we have done far too much of in the last 20 years. The club became great on the back of risks.
The Bolton rebuild was a risk and now its time for the next big risk.
I say be bold Blues. Don't listen to the noise. Just look hard for the important facts and follow instinct.
The biggest mistake about bolton was expecting him to be the man to oversee us winning again. It never works that way. The guy that takes over at ground 0 of the rebuild is never the guy the that leads the team to success (unless you're an all time great like clarkson/malthouse).

The start of the rebuild was the time for the experienced coach.

I feel like the board is just scarred from the bolton appointment so they're making irrational decisions now out of fear of getting it wrong again. I can't see any objective reason why voss would even be considered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some money on Voss. Current Sportsbet odds:

Michael Voss 1.50

David Teague 3.50

Paul Roos 5.00

Brad Scott 6.00

Ross Lyon 8.00

Alastair Clarkson 9.00

Brett Ratten 15.00
Betting agencies just responding to media reports with Voss and Roos.....Roos at $5.00, seriously???
Put your hard earned on Teaguey....unless the wheels completely fall off between now and the end of the year, he'll be our next coach.

Most commentators say Bolton was let go because of Win:Loss ratio and although bearable when losing close ones it became an issue when we had big losses (Giants, North and Bombers)

The decision makers I suspect were told that we need to get an experienced coach in to turn this around BUT now we have Teague who has made a few tactical changes and shown we can be competitive.

The experienced coach may have been pitched as they could:
  • be better tacticians in game BUT maybe Bolton just went too far with developing the kids and we don't need an experienced tactician just not a stubborn one
  • or is it because an experienced coach can bring some better assistants MAYBE BUT what if the experienced coach costs too much OR what if the assistants we have aren't to bad it's just Bolts didn't listen to them or the developing kids strategy (Murph and Ed out of the middle just meant playing with one hand tied behind your back) was just too hard no matter what else was tried
I fear like the Malthouse deal, there is already an experienced coach lined up

I don't like Lyon (I don't mind defense but gee once his offence is figured out he doesn't have a plan B plus I would hate a return to the Malthouse media strategy)
Not keen on Roos as I think like Malthouse he is here for the money and he knows we have the list and wants to look good
Scott - he hasn't done anything of any note, yeah a couple of prelims but that was when he went all in with mature players, our list is different and why are the Roos looking so good after he left
Vossy - I can't stand the black and white figjam and it has taken 5 years as head coach for him to figure out that the sun shining out of his arse won't make a champion team, why do we think the Paddlepop version will be any different and I don't want to waste this premiership window we have opening up

My vote is for Teague
- he seems to be a nice bloke
- he is a strong media performer
- he seems to have strong connection with players
- but most importantly he seems to be willing to change tactics and the changes are either working or giving us a chance to win.

Edit - forgot to add Clarkson is a prick (Battle of Britain) and I am not keen on the messiah coach who costs too much and I think he won premiership with a lot of help from his assistants and no guarantee that will repeat

There may well be backlash, but as taken we are with Teague right now, how would we feel should we lose to Adelaide, West Coast, Geelong, Richmond and even St.Kilda by 50+ points? How would we feel about Teague then?
Good point. I’d most likely end up swinging my preference once again if that happens.

'Foxfooty.com.au understands Voss was interviewed by the Blues on Wednesday'.

maxresdefault.jpg

Betting agencies just responding to media reports with Voss and Roos.....Roos at $5.00, seriously???
Put your hard earned on Teaguey....unless the wheels completely fall off between now and the end of the year, he'll be our next coach.
Why would there even be a bet on Roos? That seems to me like a bookie accepting bets on a horse that isnt actually entered in the race.

Worth keeping in mind that Teague is yet to actually fully commit to wanting the role full time.

“If at the end of the year I’m ready to go then yes, but I’m learning a lot about myself right now and I’m really enjoying that process,” he said.

“At the end of the year I’ll have a chat and see where I’m at and I’ll have a better understanding of whether I think I’m ready to go or not.”

He seems to be enjoying things at the moment, but at this stage the club has to act as though Teague may not want the role, or consider himself ready for the role. If he does, I'm sure he'll have a strong case to make. But if he doesn't, and we've neglected to sound out the other available options, then we fall behind 2-3 other clubs in the hunt for a new coach.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back