Preview Round 20, 2019: North Melbourne v Hawthorn, 2 August 2019, 7.50pm @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its Monday arvo, we play on Friday night, and we need to start chatting about this game against Norf.

Lets hope Clarko has our forwards practicing goal kicking all week, and our defence looking out for the joe-the-goose out the back cheap goals.

Lets break their shins.

With Box Hill having a bye cannot see too many changes

In - TOB
Out - Cegs

Hope Birch can follow up and play 2 in a row

Hawks by 14points

IN: O’Brien, Cousins

OUT: Puopolo (omitted), Ceglar (omitted)

B: Stratton, Frawley, Hardwick

HB: Birchall, O’Brien, Sicily

C: Henderson, Shiels, Smith

HF: Wingard, Gunston, Burgoyne

F: Breust, Lewis, Hanrahan

R: McEvoy, O’Meara, Worpel

INT: Howe, Scully, Nash, Cousins

In: O'Brien, Roughead
Out: Ceglar, Howe

O'Brien needs to come in as a mobile key forward, was impressive against Geelong. I feel like Roughy could play as a true CHB, has experience in his earlier AFL career, and could free Sicily up as a more natural loose defender. Sicily has been bogged down in the recent weeks with TOB's switch forward, and cannot work his craft as one of the best roaming defenders in the league. Him firing is a one of our most dangerous assets. The only other option for CHB is maybe Brand, who is very error-prone at AFL level (maybe a future as a forward?).

Ceglar was too slow I felt and affects McEvoy's work. Howe was brilliant against Geelong, but was very quiet last week, probably not neccesary when North don't really have any mids screaming out for a tag.

It would be a big call to bring back Roughy down back, but we might as well give it a go as a hail Mary at this stage of the season. I know many will disagree, but I can't forget that 2008 moment when he was restricted Fev during the last quarter. Maybe I'm just optimistic... ;)

I can’t watch Stratts anymore... has to go
Poppy is cooked... out
Cegs is not a part of the future at all.

Gunston can go back behind the ball where he had some form & confidence last year.

Brand & Frawley get a look in.... again to get Sicily as the 3rd man up.

Cousins gets another crack

IN: O’Brien, Brand, Cousins

OUT: Puopolo (omitted), Ceglar (omitted) Stratton (omitted)

B: Birchall, Frawley, Hardwick

HB: Gunston, Brand, Sicily

C: Henderson, Shiels, Scully

HF: Wingard, O’Brien, Breust,

F: Nash, Lewis, Hanrahan

R: McEvoy, O’Meara, Worpel

INT: Howe, Smith, Burgoyne, Cousins

Let's play more AGGRESSIVE footy Not that soft utensil crap ex Brisbane game.
Show some authority BEN your our leader mate.

In: O’Brien
Out: Ceglar

Stratton had a bad game vs Brisbane but has had an otherwise solid month. We wouldn’t drop our captain anyway and he was in much poorer form earlier in the year. The game has gone past Poppy but we don’t really have a replacement. Minchington is injured and Moore is coming back from a 5-6 week injury. I don’t see many changes - and to be honest all we need is some accurate goal kicking rather than excessive changes.

B: Stratton Frawley Sicily
HB: Birchall Gunston Hardwick
C: Scully Wingard Smith
HF: Nash O’Brien Puopolo
F: Bruest Lewis Hanrahan
Fol: McEvoy O’Meara Worpel
Int: Henderson Sheils Howe Burgoyne

No playing two primary rucks, that's my only concern at the selection table this week.
100% i said it very early on into the season, the depth in this aera is a indictment on our list that we are forced to play a ruck at ff.

On a lighter note we did miss a chance on the weekend bad kicking is bad footy, if we can beat g.w.s away we are still a big chance to make the 8 in a average season.

If we lose this weekend i would like a farewell game for Roughy&Poppy together then continue to play the youth:)

Crows saints,eagles(away),pies,doggies(away)
Port- ess(away),swans,north(away),freo,
Doggies- bris(away),ess, gws(away),crows

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would've had a LOT more interest in this game had we won last week. Would be good to see a win, and a loss wouldn't sting that bad. 2x 6 day layoffs in the lead-up could potentially be an issue.

Wow cant believe no mention till now of the magnitude of this game.
The great man Shaun Burgoyne will become the indigenous games record holder on Friday night!!
What an absolute ornament to the game he is. Legend, love the man.
Had the 2 Monday night footy shows on in the background & surprise, surprise they haven't mentioned it either as well. Meh!
Caroline Wilson has a great head for radio- shouldn't be seen on TV!
The only mention of Hawthorn is that Carlton are still sniffing around Clarko & of course all the plebs are beating it up!
I'll be there Friday night, if you can make it for Silky's milestone get there!
I know lots of hawkers don't like getting to Marvel, but surely this has to be an exception.

Not sure who will win. Can guarantee that Kangaroos will smash in hard. Will be a bruising game from them.

IN: TOB ... and... um... not sure, but changes need to happen.
OUT: Ceglar ... and blood someone new, maybe?

* Actually, probably the wrong game for a debut. Kangas are crunching sides at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back