Preview Discussion surrounding the Geelong Game at the Spuddery

Remove this Banner Ad

Just did a ladder predictor with us winning all three. Picked obvious winners in all games. Pies beating Crows in Adelaide being the most contentious. We finish 8th and play GWS first round. A lot needs to fall into place, most unlikely, but not impossible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We haven't beaten them at that s**thole since 2015.

With Geelong continuing to bomb the ball deep into its forward line, the Roos took full advantage and mustered numerous counter-attacks where they exposed the Cats on the rebound.

North defenders Sam Wright (31 disposals), Ben Jacobs (23) and Robbie Tarrant (23 and nine marks) were the main beneficiaries.

The Roos were also dominant around the ball as one of Geelong's key flaws was exposed yet again, with the Cats trounced in the contested ball count (118-150)

Skipper Andrew Swallow (27 disposals), Ben Cunnington (20) and Jack Ziebell (20) got the better of their midfield battle with Joel Selwood and co.

Screenshot_20190804-193647_Samsung Internet.jpg

Just did a ladder predictor with us winning all three. Picked obvious winners in all games. Pies beating Crows in Adelaide being the most contentious. We finish 8th and play GWS first round. A lot needs to fall into place, most unlikely, but not impossible.

Our best bet is for * and Adelaide to fall in a hole and us and the Dogs to win out and take their spots in the 8.

Essendon has fluked it’s way to a top 8 spot and their % reflects that. Not sure they beat the Dogs this week or Freo in Perth. Or even Collingwood final round.
Yesterday could be the breaking of them.

Adelaide could lose their last 3 with West Coast and Pies next two weeks. Dogs in Ballarat last round.

Port is too flakey that I reckon Sydney will give them a touch up. You can’t possibly trust them. We can end their season in two weeks time.

Dogs and Freo are in the same position as us. Win all 3 and make it.

I'm just looking on Ticketmaster at seats available, it appears my North membership doesn't give me any entitlement to a North area at the ground. Looks like iii have to go general admission and just wondering what area are North members are being allocated to, see if I can get a seat close to my fellow Roo Boys.

I dont think North members are allocated anywhere are they? from previous visits the Gary Ablett terrace is more of a mix of fans, where as the rest is mostly Geelong

Just did the ladder predictor also. l had us finishing 7th, if Sydney can beat Port Adelaide nest week, we win all 3 and other games go our way also...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s actually quite interesting just how many realistic options could play out. As well as us playing finals, quite possible that Essendon miss out and Geelong fall out of the top 4. Could well see 1-2 teams jump into the 8 in the final round.

Would love to see us finish 8th and come up against a hopelessly out of form Geelong the first week.

We bashed them in round 8, and poor kicking and putrid umpiring was the difference.

I don't reckon they will be too overjoyed about running in to us 3 weeks out from the finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back