List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big call on Murphy. I think he was recruited for his kicking and marking.

Is Higgins gone? Should we happy to get something for him before it is too late?
Lol, have to laugh at Higgins Statement to McGowen this afternoon.
“....in terms of me rejecting an extra one year offer....are factually incorrect”
The only thing factually incorrect is he hasn’t formally rejected the offer cos he doesn’t have another formal offer.😂

He's slow for his size and he's 189cms. EVW & Crocker are ahead of him.

The retirements of Wright & Thompson might save him.
I’ve heard Crocker’s not ahead of anything other the lunch queue. Would be delisted this year if not for his old man..don’t shoot me, just what I heard.

Based on?

Based on the fact that he is rated very highly internally, and that’s coming straight from the mouth of one of our development coaches.

Not to mention the fact that he has been a consistent performer at VFL level despite having a limited pre-season and hardly any game time throughout the last 2 years prior to this year.

Based on the fact that he is rated very highly internally, and that’s coming straight from the mouth of one of our development coaches.

Not to mention the fact that he has been a consistent performer at VFL level despite having a limited pre-season and hardly any game time throughout the last 2 years prior to this year.
That development coach would be his Dad.
Certainly hadn’t been a consistent performer in VFL and can’t get a game ahead of Hrovat, how good can he be?

Thommo & Sam: Retired

Of course, I hope I am wrong about all of them

Dec Watson (delisted/Qld trade): Just hasn't.
Aaron Hall (?): How bad is his knee & other issues, and how long is his contract?
Ben Jacobs (potential delist/rookie) : Payout, and if retained & plays, he MUST finish next season strongly. Rookie swap for Zurhaar.
Sam Durdin (trade): Should be looked at if an S.A. offer arises.
Mason Wood, Taylor Garner & Kayne Turner (potential trade): Hard done by with injuries and bad deployment, but ultimately just cameo players at the moment. Can they bring more under Rhyce?

Rookies

Tom Murphy (delist): Isn't tall enough or quick enough.

That's enough for one year, but Xerri would want to show something consistently by the end of next year & Majak has to return to AFL with consistent footy.

Sam Durdin, Mason Wood, Taylor Garner & Kayne Turner (trade) do you mean trade for a packet of twisties or trade if the deal was fair? my opinion on Durdin and Wood is they showed enough to persist with.

He's slow for his size and he's 189cms. EVW & Crocker are ahead of him.

The retirements of Wright & Thompson might save him.
Different players to be honest. I think Murphy was recruited as a Tarrant/Thomson type replacement. I think the Tom Wilkinson and Tom Wilkinson are more at risk of delisting than Murph.

Lol, have to laugh at Higgins Statement to McGowen this afternoon.
“....in terms of me rejecting an extra one year offer....are factually incorrect”
The only thing factually incorrect is he hasn’t formally rejected the offer cos he doesn’t have another formal offer.😂
Higgs May think that he isn’t, but what about from a club perspective. Managing a players potential also getting the trade value out of them to enhance the clubs prospects next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Durdin (trade): Should be looked at if an S.A. offer arises.

No chance that is happening. With McKay in no man's land, Watson gone, and Thompson retired Durdin is a necessity. He's shown enough this season to get a shot with Tarrant. Otherwise we better get down to Arden Street and start pleading with Thompson to change his mind.

From What i hear Crocker needs at least another 10kg and fitness to run out an AFL game.

I'm content with a backline in 2020 that has Tarrant, Durdin, EVW, and Daw in it. EVW has the versatility to pull that off. Chuck in Marley and Atley/Pittard and we are good. Really need McKay to pull his finger out. Nielson and Watson being flops has left us in a bit of a bother. Even more so if EVW keeps picking up odd injuries.

From What i hear Crocker needs at least another 10kg and fitness to run out an AFL game.
He was described by a good source of mine recently as good work in progress. Coming along nicely but still needs some work.

Crocker was nearly 12 months behind as a junior - I'd be shocked if the club is't pleased with his progress.
I don’t doubt he’s work in progress but to put him in the same batch as EVW and streets ahead of Murphy is fictional.
If his surname wasn’t Crocker would he be on the main list or on the Rookie list as work in progress?

That development coach would be his Dad.
Certainly hadn’t been a consistent performer in VFL and can’t get a game ahead of Hrovat, how good can he be?

1. Crocker isn’t a development coach.
2. Comparing Hrovat and a first year player in Crocker shows you have no clue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back