Club History Port to wear prison bar guernsey twice in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The former CEO in question simply didn’t care one iota about the club’s history and was happy to sign it all away.

Jumping Jupiter that's infuriating.

All the more reason to enshrine these questions in our constitution and force a members vote if it ever wants to be changed.

The former CEO in question simply didn’t care one iota about the club’s history and was happy to sign it away.
My money would be on that nothing is or was ever signed but as the AFL approve uniforms for each match they have the ability to say yes or no for every single game. Collingwood have a lot of clout and McLaughlin is a wimp.

this saga is very boring. it's nice we're wearing it more than once in regular season fixtures. i am 100% certain this will be a saga next season too so we'll see each other all there for that

Jumping Jupiter that's infuriating.

All the more reason to enshrine these questions in our constitution and force a members vote if it ever wants to be changed.

Surely there must be a statute of limitations on the policies and sins enshrined into legislastion by former, long gone employees of the club...

but not beyond 2020. Will likely be worn in both Showdowns.

Totally unsubstantiated.
Derwayne being a dick and doing Eddie's work for him by drawing it into a brawl. Eddie likes brawls, he doesn't like reasoned discussion.

Doesn't the AFL control everything? I can't see how 2 clubs can write some sort of pact or agreement separate from the league? If the Bulldogs and North Melbourne made an agreement to play in tutus and and knickerbockers, I'm sure the AFL would tell them to shove this agreement up their own arses.

Yeeeaaah you say that. Buuuutt......

HERO_120319MarvelWood.jpg

1) this will be the 5th & 6th time the prisonbar has been worn since 2003. has the sky fallen over Collingwood at any stage? any unsuspecting Pies fans hoodwinked into buying Port memberships? anyone coming home from Rebel Sport Prahran only to discover their Collingwood guernsey is actually a Porp Hour number?

2) O LORT, gimme the strength to navigate the various social media comments sections greeting this news. the number of salty Crows/Pies fans who apparently hold PhD’s in Port Adelaide Football Club history is staggeringly high.

1) this will be the 5th & 6th time the prisonbar has been worn since 2003. has the sky fallen over Collingwood at any stage? any unsuspecting Pies fans hoodwinked into buying Port memberships? anyone coming home from Rebel Sport Prahran only to discover their Collingwood guernsey is actually a Porp Hour number?

2) O LORT, gimme the strength to navigate the various social media comments sections greeting this news. the number of salty Crows/Pies fans who apparently hold PhD’s in Port Adelaide Football Club history is staggeringly high.

Suddenly everybody is a ******* expert in the Port Adelaide Football Club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suddenly everybody is a ******* expert in the Port Adelaide Football Club.

The usual “why don’t they wear pink/magenta” stuff I can pad-up to, but at a bare minimum apparently the club didn’t merge in 2010 and “Port Power have nothing to do with Port Adelaide”.

Uhhhh...

The usual “why don’t they wear pink/magenta” stuff I can pad-up to, but at a bare minimum apparently the club didn’t merge in 2010 and “Port Power have nothing to do with Port Adelaide”.

Uhhhh...

Uhhhh...

The comments section of Adelaide Now is inhabited by probably the worst scum of the Internet, and it’s barely even moderated. But it’s ok, because Rucci and Graham Cornes derive an income from that particular medium.

Big Footy tho.....

Port will wear the prision bars on occasions in the future, no doubt special events. We have the back in black jumper, and thats still a great jumper, and everybody likes it. Collingwood and the afl dont want us to wear the prision bars, its just a small price to pay for joining the afl. The adminstration and the club are pushing the case hard for the prision bars, something they will never win, but if every so often we get a game in the prision bars, as supporters we need to embrace it, buy our tops, make sales spike, because thats how we can get the afl onside and guarantee a few more games in the future.

Totally unsubstantiated.
Derwayne being a dick and doing Eddie's work for him by drawing it into a brawl. Eddie likes brawls, he doesn't like reasoned discussion.

A couple points:
1) There is no indication when the supposed agreement was signed. I think Dwayne is blaming the current administration, when my recollection is there was talk many years ago of an agreement being signed - well before the 2014 elimination final .... (which we wore the guernsey in)
2) While he keeps going on about wearing it twice next year and then never again, he's playing chicken little .... because he then goes on to say he thinks the agreement then says we can in extreme circumstances.

My take:
1) I suspect neither Gil nor Dwayne have seen the "agreement"
2) I think Port likes it to be known that there is 'some' agreement in place meaning its not easy to wear the PBs
3) I think Collingwood like it to be known that they own the rigths to black and white
4) I think both clubs butt heads, but when we need to wear it we generally seem to ... but it wont be allowed as a 'regular' thing

EDIT: Hearing Gils actual words he refers to TWO agreements:
* the first AGREEEMENT he refers to, is an agreeement he "believes" we signed upon entering the competition
* the second AGREEMENT he refers to is an agreement to allow us to wear the PBs twice next year
He makes no statement to say that agreement also stops us wearing it after that (his only reference to that is in the context of the FIRST agreement)

Hence - if we want to blame people for the first agreement, we are probably blaming Bucky, Boults and co .... but they had to do what they had to do to get us in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back