Club History Port to wear prison bar guernsey twice in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the end it pretty much comes down to this.

Do you want to stand behind a strong, solid, 150 year old brand, or do you want to forlornly try and change your identity with each passing fad? I think football clubs that choose to stand proudly behind a strong identity while retaining some flexibility are the ones who thrive.

Ok, I am only using the data from the petition, the data from the Facebook and Insta sites, data from the club and my own experience working with young people to make the assertion.
And I disagree

You fundamentally misunderstand sports branding.

You don't expand your market with branding, you expand your market with winning.

Branding is used to engage your existing supporter base, to turn casuals into die hards that part with their money year in year out.

Nobody but nobody, anywhere, is going to start supporting the Power FC if we suddenly drop all reference to our history. Your theory will turn off the die hards and won't win a single extra casual fan, let alone hardcore supporter.
I never said drop history.

But don't hate on others for following us because of not caring for it...

Do you want to stand behind a strong, solid, 150 year old brand, or do you want to forlornly try and change your identity with each passing fad? I think football clubs that choose to stand proudly behind a strong identity while retaining some flexibility are the ones who thrive.
South Australia has an aging population tho

You have to tell the kids (not yours specifically) we may have been the dominate force /big fish in a little pond that was the SANFL, have moved to a tougher national comp ( from 8 then 10 then 9 teams to a 16 then 18 team league), but you don't forget your history. If you don't know who you are and where you come from, you don't know where you are going.

You tell them the reason why you want the PB's to remain is because it's the best footy jumper ever and we forced to give it up against our will and we will fight for it forever. A bit like the Jews, kicked out our their homeland about 600 AD and finally got it back in 1948 after massive struggles. We are in for the long fight.

You tell them that the PB's are unique. They aren't just black and white vertical stripes. They represent the wharf and pylons at the Port. Ask them which other of the 90 odd national sports teams in Oz have a jumper/jersey that is designed specifically to represent the area they were started in? How do stripes, or V's or hoops or a sash specifically represent Collingwood or North, or the Port or Fremantle, or Geelong or Adelaide or Essendon or Richmond.

If they want their footballers to get a hard ball on field, then why do they want the supporters to give up and not chase a hard ball off it??

Which others are designed to represent the area they're from? You mean like Sydney?

Its not that special when another club already does it and was doing it before we joined the AFL.

We need to be more than just our history.

This here is why we need to expand our reach:
We have a solid membership base, but we dont have nearly enough many fans to turn into members. Focusing on our history will increase the fans into members numbers but not overall fans.

We're with the bulldogs, saints, dees and North This shouldn't be acceptable.

Which others are designed to represent the area they're from? You mean like Sydney?

Its not that special when another club already does it and was doing it before we joined the AFL.

We need to be more than just our history.

This here is why we need to expand our reach:
View attachment 727148
We have a solid membership base, but we dont have nearly enough many fans to turn into members. Focusing on our history will increase the fans into members numbers but not overall fans.

We're with the bulldogs, saints, dees and North This shouldn't be acceptable.

Those figures are rubbery af.

Who is included in Sydney and Brisbane fans? People who happen to live in NSW/Qld?

Richmond is also comically low. Tiges fans are everywhere.

Who is included in Sydney and Brisbane fans? People who happen to live in NSW/Qld?

Agree with Sydney and Brisbane, everyone knows that....

But the rest are a pretty good guide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See that looks better but is it the realistic render or a different shade of teal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's just a rough indication of our colour, but needs to be 'bluer' as per our current use of teal.

There's also this...

Port-Guernsey-Ideas_Silver-PB_SD1_11232-5500x5500.jpg

Yeah, it’s the same garbage data Fagan reaches for everytime he claims the crows have 800,000 supporters.

Just my opinion, but I don’t think the PA works on the guernsey. The 1870 diamond as way more classy.
The diamond is great, but will never be used. PA might.

Like Collingwood is doing re the PBs.

I disagree with them because I'm on the other side, but jesus I wish our club stood as staunchly as they do on certain things.

Just my opinion, but I don’t think the PA works on the guernsey. The 1870 diamond as way more classy.

I usually agree with you, but not on this.

Also...

Classy is a word that is more often used to describe things that aren't.

It's just a rough indication of our colour, but needs to be 'bluer' as per our current use of teal.

There's also this...

View attachment 727154
I love this, but the time of this should have been 97.

Instead of changing guernseys every other year all long... I'm sick of us chopping and changing. I think our v and it's 3 variants are all we need, bar the special occasion....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back