Health Worst pain you have felt?

Remove this Banner Ad

:tearsofjoy:
I got sliced open through my skin, my abdominal muscles, and the uterus and then the cut was streeetched to pull my baby's big head (38cm diameter) out. s**t's f’ed!

You reckon you had it hard?
I felt so ill watching my wife getting sliced open, I took her oxygen mask off her and starting drawing breathe violently.
The nurses rested me on the floor just for me to have to see the remnants plonk onto the floor in front of me....Now that's tough. :)

ACL/Severe Bone bruising playing squash.
Watched my knee pop out and the next 10 minutes felt like hours.

You reckon you had it hard?
I felt so ill watching my wife getting sliced open, I took her oxygen mask off her and starting drawing breathe violently.
The nurses rested me on the floor just for me to have to see the remnants plonk onto the floor in front of me....Now that's tough. :)

ACL/Severe Bone bruising playing squash.
Watched my knee pop out and the next 10 minutes felt like hours.
Why on earth did you look??

Why on earth did you look??

Had no choice and could smell the flesh burn and a head being pulled out.
Went all wobbly and reached for the oxygen mask out of desperation before I passed out.

Not a good look on the day but a great story to tell now. We still laugh about it....or at least people laugh at me. :)

Had no choice and could smell the flesh burn and a head being pulled out.
Went all wobbly and reached for the oxygen mask out of desperation before I passed out.

Not a good look on the day but a great story to tell now. We still laugh about it....or at least people laugh at me. :)
Wow, they had a curtain up when I had my section. HBF took photos on my phone with his head turned the other way so he wouldn't see my guts :tearsofjoy:

Wow, they had a curtain up when I had my section. HBF took photos on my phone with his head turned the other way so he wouldn't see my guts :tearsofjoy:

There was a sheer curtain in place, but nothing one couldn't see through.
I looked....I saw and felt ill. The whole mix of smell and visual didn't serve me well.
Probably didn't help I'd just lost 150K thanks for someone going bust on me that week either. Anyway, all in good fun.

Compressed nerve in the back wasn't great.
Had a broken knee that was diagnosed incorrectly also. That wasn't cool either.

Having a bout of diverticulitis atm. Absolute campaigner of a thing.

Currently going through Guillian Barrè syndrome. Wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Went from being 100% ok to unable to move my arms, hands, legs and feet within 3 days. Neurologist didn't see me until day 5 of being in the hospital either. I knew it was GBS the moment I went into the hospital as well and yet no doctor would listen to me until the neurologist's ears pricked up.

Horrible feeling knowing that GBS ascends to.attack your lungs whilst going to bed and hoping youre gonna wake up in the morning. Only to wake up in the middle of the night with yet another part of the body unable to move.

Saw my entire life flash before me. Quite harrowing telling your mum what you want to be buried in should things go bad and telling your fiancè to still have the wedding party even though I may not be there.

Just glad someone listened and I got the treatment in time. Have made more progress in a week than the expected progress in 2 months. Discharged from hospital today and now in a rehab centre. Still can only walk about 60 metres with a frame and my hands and feet are no where near fully functional but I'll take it right now.

Ironically enough my fiancè said to me when I was in intensive care that it was the worst she had ever seen me and the least I.hsd ever complained!!

Currently going through Guillian Barrè syndrome. Wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Went from being 100% ok to unable to move my arms, hands, legs and feet within 3 days. Neurologist didn't see me until day 5 of being in the hospital either. I knew it was GBS the moment I went into the hospital as well and yet no doctor would listen to me until the neurologist's ears pricked up.

Horrible feeling knowing that GBS ascends to.attack your lungs whilst going to bed and hoping youre gonna wake up in the morning. Only to wake up in the middle of the night with yet another part of the body unable to move.

Saw my entire life flash before me. Quite harrowing telling your mum what you want to be buried in should things go bad and telling your fiancè to still have the wedding party even though I may not be there.

Just glad someone listened and I got the treatment in time. Have made more progress in a week than the expected progress in 2 months. Discharged from hospital today and now in a rehab centre. Still can only walk about 60 metres with a frame and my hands and feet are no where near fully functional but I'll take it right now.

Ironically enough my fiancè said to me when I was in intensive care that it was the worst she had ever seen me and the least I.hsd ever complained!!
Get well dude!
That scares me just reading it.
Couldn't imagine going through that.
Not being there for my kids is one of my worst fears!

Good luck with the rehab Chewy316 - thank goodness you got treated early enough

I'm so lucky. Treatment started on day 6 of the illness. They were hoping by the end of treatment that I wouldn't be getting any worse (ie stop the progression). Instead I was actually improving on day 4 of treatment. No one can explain my progress because I'm defying all expectations which to my end is fortunate to say the least.
When they sent me down to intensive care the nurses were saying I'd be down there at least 4 weeks in an acute stage of the illness. Some were telling me how they've had patients be in intensive care with this for 300+ days. I was lucky just to be there 5 nights. Could have been 4 but I didn't want them to move me whilst I was watching the footy Saturday afternoon lol so I stayed one more night down there haha.

Never take easy stuff like walking, sitting up, showering, going to the loo etc for granted. Very fortunate to have great support network around me who have gone above and beyond helping me get through this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walking around the house in the dark and banging my shin on the corner of the wooden coffee table is the worst pain I've felt recently.

How do you get this illness and how is it cured (if so)?

It could have killed you right?

There's no real definitive known cause but people who get a cold or a stomach bug a month prior are more susceptible based on the numbers.

Treatment is 5 days of intravenous immunoglobulin. It's essentially antibodies of blood donated by thousands of people all extracted from the blood and injected into you via a drip. Each dose took about 3 hours on the drip every day.

Chance of death is minimal (around 5%) but recovery time is anywhere between 3 months and multiple years. At the rate I'm going I'll be fully functional within the next 4-6 weeks so I'm very lucky.

I've had all kinds of injuries playing gridiron. Broken foot, leg, fingers, torn meniscus.

I don't think anything compares to the immediate pain of tattoo removal.

Only the stupidity of putting it there in the first place

*as per conversation with two of the brood when they came home with tatts

Only the stupidity of putting it there in the first place

*as per conversation with two of the brood when they came home with tatts
Just a little tattoo on my ring finger after getting engaged, stupid me forgot work policy of no hand/neck/face tattoos.

Just a little tattoo on my ring finger after getting engaged, stupid me forgot work policy of no hand/neck/face tattoos.

Second this mate. Got a hand tattoo when after too much sauce in Bali when I was 18. Tried out for the police a few years later, instant knock back because of the hand tat. Got it lasered, a tiny tattoo about the length of a finger. Took them about 8 sessions, and it was absolutely unbearable. Can't compare it to the pain of getting the bugger because I don't remember it

I'm so lucky. Treatment started on day 6 of the illness. They were hoping by the end of treatment that I wouldn't be getting any worse (ie stop the progression). Instead I was actually improving on day 4 of treatment. No one can explain my progress because I'm defying all expectations which to my end is fortunate to say the least.
When they sent me down to intensive care the nurses were saying I'd be down there at least 4 weeks in an acute stage of the illness. Some were telling me how they've had patients be in intensive care with this for 300+ days. I was lucky just to be there 5 nights. Could have been 4 but I didn't want them to move me whilst I was watching the footy Saturday afternoon lol so I stayed one more night down there haha.

Never take easy stuff like walking, sitting up, showering, going to the loo etc for granted. Very fortunate to have great support network around me who have gone above and beyond helping me get through this.

All the best with the rehab mate and thanks for sharing your experience.
Ever since we had a quadriplegic fella visit us all the way back in High School I've sometimes paused to note how lucky I am to be able to do everyday things like walk, go to bed, go to the toilet etc. on my own, and how quickly it can all change.

All the best with the rehab mate and thanks for sharing your experience.
Ever since we had a quadriplegic fella visit us all the way back in High School I've sometimes paused to note how lucky I am to be able to do everyday things like walk, go to bed, go to the toilet etc. on my own, and how quickly it can all change.

I'm glad you don't take it for granted. I certainly won't after what happened.

The hardest part was asking for help in the hospital as I was getting worse. Dignity went completely out the window after collapsing to the ground in the bathroom after a shower, and then crawling on your hands and knees to the bed, lurching your trunk half way onto it then getting lifted up from the waist down by two nurses so they can get your legs into bed as well.

Realising that I couldn't do lots of little things and needing help on the absolute basics was agonising.

Thanks for your support. Rehab going well. Out of the rehab facility on Wednesday then continue as an out patient. Can't wait to have a good night's sleep cuz hospital beds suck!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back