• 47: Ivan Soldo

Votes: 89 31.9%
  • 48: Liam Baker

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was one of the best games I've ever seen!

The bad news... I've just been on the Collingwood board, and apparently we can't win the flag this year.
They have the Doggies week 1.
bye bye.gif

Gotta love scheduling

Friday night blockbuster: Melbourne vs Sydney - Bottom four s**tfest

Sunday 1.10 pm: Tiges vs Eagles - Best game of the season

I
The thing is even if the Dees were on song and Sydney were thereabouts,It was still 17(premiers) vs 18(Premiers).Should always been a Friday Night game.

Dusty played a true midfielders role today, didn't push forward from centre bounces as often as he usually does which meant these two had to play different roles. Ross in particular was part of the wing rotation in the second half.

Thanks mate.

Ross is a Centre bounce mid. Not a winger but hard to argue with the plan when dusty does what he did today.

Rioli wasn't too poor, locked the ball in the forward line in the final minutes.
So few high-flying marks in the game these days and the umpires penalise JR.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast got 5 goals in 5 minutes in the first quarter. Their one decent quarter wasn't even that good. If we have Rance, Cotchin, Nankervis and Stack and they don't fluke it for a few minutes and kick amazingly accurate we win by 10 goals.
They're a fair way off it IMO
in a game where weagles got most of the lucky breaks....our luckiest break was when darling copped that massive corky in the hip early on. darling is a bit soft and didn't give a yelp after that.

What a win.
Our goal kicking made that game much closer than it should be. Make no mistake apart from the 1st qtr we belted them and destroyed them after qtr time. Tigers won the mind battle today. We have a plan B for their game plan and they have nothing for ours.

As soon as we tightened up and didn't allow them to play that chip game they had no answer. Straighter kicking and good umpiring sees us win by 8 goals today.

Surprised not much has not been said about Ivans mark in the goal square not paid. Seriously 3 goals were taken away from us for stupid decisions.

Well done to Soldo, Martin, Grimes and Vlastuin.
On another note imagine how much better Prestia would be if had elite kicking skills. Fix that and he becomes elite rather than bloody good.

Everybody ready for my funny story for the day?
I went for a toilet break about a minute into the second quarter and I was unfortunate enough to bump into a buck toothed 20yo Eagles supporter. He was given it to any Tiger supporter who entered the place. He was waving his arms up and down like a heavyweight boxer who’d just delivered the knockout blow and yelling Tigers are s**t and the Eagles are king of the jungle. I thought I’d inject some fear in him, if you can actually instil fear in an idiot.I said ,”Hey mate relax if games were one at quarter time Collingwood would have 30 premierships. “
He kept carrying on like the HW boxer and was laughing at me continuing to tell me we were s**t. So I then said with a cheeky grin ,”The rains coming soon so you better not get your feathers wet. “
He was still carrying on and his language was getting worse so I ended up saying ,”If you guys hang on I’ll meet you at the front of here and shake your hand after the game. “
He said you can shake it now mate so save you troubles. I said,” No thanks mate not after you’ve just touched your
D1cky Johnson” and departed the scene.
Never bothered going after the game bc I was too busy celebrating and he wouldn’t have remembered the incident as he would have been too bamboozled as he sat perched next to the seagulls in the top deck.
* this was a s**t story.

😘

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back