Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno what makes me more angry..
...Or thinking about Freo trading Blakely out cheaply. Ugh.
If they are saying "he's gettable" that particular wording could be key. "Gettable" would say to me that if someone comes to them with the right offer they'd look at doing a deal, if not they are happy enough keeping him. Also as a rumour, it has plausible deniability.

It's just a rumour at this stage still.

I don’t see anybody on our list at the moment that can play 22 games and is suited to a wing.

Tucker is ok and better suited to inside role.

S Hill is suited but can he play 22 games?

Giro looks ok but can he overlook his knee injury and have the same quickness?

Walters to a wing, is robbing Peter to pay Paul. Could work.

Hughes and Duiman possibilities but not inspirational selections.

Banfield would suited to an inside role.

McCarthy doesn’t have the tank or gut running attitude.

I'd be stoked if we lined up round 1 with Stephens and Sharp on the wings!

The most recent mock draft calls Sharp a winger, not a half back so i'll go with it haha

Tucker is ok and better suited to inside role.
Tucker has made a leap as a player by going more inside and playing tagging type roles, but his attributes (kicking skills, evasive ability) are pretty well suited to outside roles. Taking on the inside/tagger role has allowed him to get more of the ball in a no-brainer kind of way, ideally he'd get another season or two of this to continue his development (it could be a worry for this not to be seen by the new coach), but he's got some compelling attributes as a candidate for moving that ball along the wing, so he'd be handy to have available as an option to trial there.

Hopefully, he's chewing up the km's and building a tank over the offseason in a serious way, so he's ready either way.

I listened to Sumich on PR on Saturday morning and was very impressed. Spoke a lot of straightforward common sense.
Worlds apart from the utter tripe that Lyon would deliver.
you think he'd be able to talk that freely if he was a head coach though and actually representing a club, or what would happen if he did?

Tucker has made a leap as a player by going more inside and playing tagging type roles, but his attributes (kicking skills, evasive ability) are pretty well suited to outside roles. Taking on the inside/tagger role has allowed him to get more of the ball in a no-brainer kind of way, ideally he'd get another season or two of this to continue his development (it could be a worry for this not to be seen by the new coach), but he's got some compelling attributes as a candidate for moving that ball along the wing, so he'd be handy to have available as an option to trial there.

Hopefully, he's chewing up the km's and building a tank over the offseason in a serious way, so he's ready either way.
Tucker’s long kicking off both feet is elite but his short/medium kicks have too much hang time.

Therefore, he can replace Langdon for sure.

Langdon was better in the loose ball situations but Tucker’s dual kicking is awesome.

I'd be stoked if we lined up round 1 with Stephens and Sharp on the wings!

The most recent mock draft calls Sharp a winger, not a half back so i'll go with it haha
I agree but the thing is that young mid takes at least 3 preseasons to play consistent footy.

In saying that young S Hill was pretty good straight away with one of the highest goal involvements.

Hopefully, Stephens has the tank.

Might be question for Chris, regarding Stephens tank at SANFL league level.

His championships game he was the road runner and a lot of times being unrewarding running.

Watching Tim Kelly in the final against West Coast, I thought he played more like an outside mid. He didn't get his own ball, and was reluctant to contest a possession. I thought he seemed a bit soft. And what's up with all that spitting... It was excessive. He must have an overactive salivary gland. Haha.

Narkle was excellent. I'd like Freo to grab him if available.

Watching Tim Kelly in the final against West Coast, I thought he played more like an outside mid. He didn't get his own ball, and was reluctant to contest a possession. I thought he seemed a bit soft. And what's up with all that spitting... It was excessive. He must have an overactive salivary gland. Haha.
He started off the contest and worked into space, and they let him. Chopped them up in the first quarter particularly.

Seems like all the wing suggestions don’t have the tank for a whole game except Tucker and Hill.

I really think that it would be better to rotate players through the wings and High forwards or half backs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree but the thing is that young mid takes at least 3 preseasons to play consistent footy.

In saying that young S Hill was pretty good straight away with one of the highest goal involvements.

Hopefully, Stephens has the tank.

Might be question for Chris, regarding Stephens tank at SANFL league level.

His championships game he was the road runner and a lot of times being unrewarding running.
Hill didn't average above 17 touches a game till his 5th season, above 20 his 6th. He had a couple of stand out games in season one, but them shining in our memory washes out all of the rest of the performances which mostly featured him not getting near it.

Last edited:
Hill didn't average about 17 touches a game till his 5th season, above 20 his 6th. He had a couple of stand out games in season one, but them shining in our memory washes out all of the rest of the performances which mostly featured him not getting near it.
This. We talk as if a first year recruit (or one on each wing) is going to improve the team. Jason Carter was talked up as being an AFL ready player in his draft year and is still to break into the team on a regular basis.

For every Jaidyn Stephenson / Conno Rozee there are a whole heap of guys who need to develop in the lower leagues before they are ready for the AFL. I'm all for introducing the young guys for a game or two then sending them back to the WAFL to refine their craft, but not expecting any 1st year draftee will improve us next year.

I'm hopeful Luke Valente and Sam Sturt will be ready to play some games having an extra year under their belts.

Crows will be having a hard look ar the two SA boys. If we did get pick 5 for Hill they could be very interested in their 1st plus ?? For 5 and 6. They have 21 and 26, so perhaps those plus 3. Trade 3 to GWS for 11, 15 and IHill (yes I know he just extended).

Fantasyland, or is there a potential play there for us?

* or we do a nasty deed and trade the pick from the Crows to Power for 9, 27 and/or Frampton.

Can't see Bobby Hill being interested. He just extended with the team he supported since their inception and he's living his dream playing for them. Maybe at the end of this contract he might look at coming home to play in front of family and friends. But no chance now, unless GWS force him out.

This. We talk as if a first year recruit (or one on each wing) is going to improve the team. Jason Carter was talked up as being an AFL ready player in his draft year and is still to break into the team on a regular basis.

For every Jaidyn Stephenson / Conno Rozee there are a whole heap of guys who need to develop in the lower leagues before they are ready for the AFL. I'm all for introducing the young guys for a game or two then sending them back to the WAFL to refine their craft, but not expecting any 1st year draftee will improve us next year.

I'm hopeful Luke Valente and Sam Sturt will be ready to play some games having an extra year under their belts.

Or Anthony Morabito... :tired::cry::tired::cry::tired:

What sort of pick is fair price? I wouldn’t offer anything before a mid to late 2nd or early third.

What about a player swap if Blakely is indeed on the move or we get a late second for Blakely and ontrade to Richmond for McIntosh?
Your suggestion of a mid to late 2nd would probably be fair. Richmond are under some CAP pressure as can be evidenced by Ellis waying up his options as a RFA. Doubt we'd be in a position to take on Blakely's salary, more likely take picks to the draft. Are a bit light for inside mids though. By the way I think the suggestion of Roberton from the Lions would be a good get.

Hill didn't average about 17 touches a game till his 5th season, above 20 his 6th. He had a couple of stand out games in season one, but them shining in our memory washes out all of the rest of the performances which mostly featured him not getting near it.
Usually, takes 3-5 years to get tank to play full time midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back